You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Am Not Alone

Real Ghost Stories

I Am Not Alone

 

It was about a year and a half ago, the time was 10:30 p.m., I remember. I was in my room watching TV, when I realized the time; I decided to go brush my teeth. I got up and left my room, where I entered my dark and quiet hallway. I was and still am afraid of the dark, but I remained calm and walked to the switch and turned it on. As soon as I got into the bathroom, I started to brush my teeth.

As I was doing so, I saw something out the corner of my eye. I shrugged if off, just my sister, but then, I looked out again, what made me look again? Well, my sister wasn't even home. For a brief second, I saw a girl, no more than my height tall (5'5) with long black hair, wearing what seemed to be a nightgown. Then, she was gone.

I never got a chance to see her face, but I know what I saw. To this day, I try to talk to her. I named her Rose. I told my mom this and she said she didn't know anyone that died here. Then again, the house is over 100 years old. I've tried a countless number of times to contact her, to see her. I wonder what it is that is making her stay here.

Now, whenever I walk down that dark hallway, I remember, I am not alone.

Other hauntings by thewhiteknight92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, thewhiteknight92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Holly!That would scare the cr... Out of me. I think seeing a spirit through a mirror is the scariest thing. I don't know why but I sometimes hope that if I look into a mirror the only reflection I want to see is mine! Thanks again. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-25)
I agree with Ghostseer on here in that people use this story site as a way of reliving their experiences and using it as a kind of therapy and helpful evaluation of what they saw. They don't need others to read their story and throw in a quick one-liner about how it's like a film, or it's not believeable. That's incredibly mortifying if you're genuinely curious or worried about what has happened to you. Personally, I think it's very easy to tell from someone's writing style whether what they're accounting really happened or not, and if you don't believe it, don't comment on it!

Thewhiteknight92's story is believeable. Looking forward to hearing your next ghost story about the other ghost in your house.
SelkieGal (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
You are in Iowa? I had a very similar experience in NW Illinois when I was 13. It wasn't scary at all, just really unexpected.

In my encounter, she was dressed as you describe and kneeling at the foot of the bed my father was sleeping in, just inside the door of this tiny little room that intersected my grandfather's and mother's rooms.

The difference between our encounters was that I was at my grandparents, doubled up in my mom's old room with her, and woke up in the middle of the night. (No, I don't know what time it was) I turned over and stretched - and there she was, looking back at me. At first I thought it was my sister Edie, then I remembered she'd gotten her hair cut.

Just as I opened my mouth to ask who she was, she turned her head and was gone. There one moment, gone the next. Never saw her again.

A few years ago my nephews and I were discussing the old house, and two of them affirmed that they had seen a dark-haired girl in a white nightgown there too - one in my mom's old room, the other by the window in the hall!

It was by no means the only odd things that happened in that old farmhouse, but my cousin, who bought it from his dad when our grandmother died, said he's not heard or seen a thing since they had a basement put under the place.

P.s. There were some awfully big skeletons in the bedroom wing crawlspace, however. We thought they were raccoon. Maybe not?
thewhiteknight92 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
I know what I saw, please do not judge me and say I didn't see it. Thank you.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
You were already in a frightened state when you claim to have seen the girl. I believe you wanted to see something and you saw what you wanted to see, but I don't think it was real. You are opening yourself to her to visit you again and she's not cooperating, which leads me to assume she never existed to begin with.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
People!...Those leaving comments need to remember that writers leave their experiences BECAUSE it is a form of therapy, a way of understanding their own very unique Paranormal experience. As far as referring to movies? Where do you think screen writers get their script ideas?...from web sites such as this (to some degree). Almost everything you see in the movies is based on someones experience, and then exaggerated. How else would people be able to relate to what is being shown them?...Anyway, my point is not to discount anyones version of the "truth". If they are intending to defraud the reading public, this is their problem, and they should be ashamed to do so. Again, no one needs to judge anybody here. If you lie here?...It will come back to bite you in the long run. Someplace in time, somehow... Karma finds you. 😐 Blessings, Ghostseer
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
I would be honored to share another experience with you, thewhiteknight92. Thank you for the opportunity to do so.
thewhiteknight92 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Hey whitebuffalo, I put up my other ghost story. Please read. Thanks again.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
AAAAAH, Thank you, thewhiteknight92.
Gotcha.
If you look through the archives, (and I have no idea if you have the time or the inclination to do that) there are MANY tales here that describe the entity in much the same manner in which yours appeared to you.
I really have no proof, but it IS my understanding that COLORS do not "come through" as a type of "block". It is difficult for me to explain (and you are probably really not all that interested in this) but if it takes energy to materialize, and MOST appear in shimmering white, PERHAPS the other colors take MORE energy than does the white.
Just throwing an idea out. ANYONE can correct me, and provide information to the contrary. I would honestly be interested in finding out why this is.
Thank you, again.
thewhiteknight92 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Well, it wouldn't be so much as "scary" as it was freaky. For a few seconds I was freaked out a little (I must have let that part out) but by the looks of her, she didn't look harmful, so I relaxed.

Oh, and as for the Ring, the ghost that is in it has long black hair, all white clothes, and is wet. (she would be really freaky to see, being that she actually kills people) no worries though:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
I have NO idea of what movie it is that you are referring to, but now I AM confused.
You say in the story that you have repeatedly tried to contact her, but in your comment to dreamergal72, you say that it kind a scared you.
What am I missing?
There is no hinting to a malicious side of this SIGHT, there is no mention of her appearance as being bad, nothing spooky about what was written here.
Why would the glimpse of her frighten you?
Thank you.
thewhiteknight92 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Yeah, that is what I thought to, which is way it kind of scared me:/. But then again, the Ring is only a movie.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
GIrl with long hair and night gown, sound like the Ring from the Movie...
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Happening "only" once does not make the experience any less than what it is, thewhiteknight92, and that is extraordinary. MANY people will go through their entire lives and never get that first sight.
I would have to think that as it WAS a year or so ago, and it DID "only" happen the once, that what she was was a wanderer.
I would love to read of any more experiences you have had. Thank you for sharing THIS one, as well.
Thank you.
thewhiteknight92 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Yeah, it only happened once, I just wanted to share it:). But, there is more than one ghost there, I know it. I'll post my other experience soon. Let me know if you have any other questions.

By the way, it was a year ago, I believe.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Hi nice story, What I was going to write Whitebuffalo has already written.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Did you only see this girl the one time, then, thewhiteknight92? If so, how long has it been since you had the experience?
As you have tried to contact her several times, to no avail, she MAY not still be there. There are stories of those that simply come for one visitation. There is no connection to anything, or anyone, they just "stop in".
A person does not have to die in the HOME, or even on THAT land in order to visit the living. There may be some other "pull" that brings them to the places they are seen. There are "wanderers" who only seem to want to let their presence be known.
At least that is what my research seems to have pointed out.
Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: