You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Double Trouble

Real Ghost Stories

Double Trouble

 

You know what they say about Doppelgangers being harbingers of illness, bad luck, death and what not. Seeing your own doppelganger foretells your own demise whereas seeing a friend's or relative's doppelganger portends illness or danger befalling on that person. I'm just lucky to be alive and well right now. Nope, I was fortunate enough not to see my doppelganger face to face and I wouldn't even wish for that day to come. But my cousins did. And boy was I scared when one of them told me all about it.

I didn't arrive home until quarter to 1 am since our practice for the cheer-dance competition didn't end until midnight. I was surprised to see my cousin all pale and trembling when she opened the gate for me, like she saw a ghost or something.

"Ate ging, okay ra ka?" (Are you okay ate Ging?) I asked.

"Ambi nakog naa naka sa balay. Nakit-an taka nigawas sa imong kwarto." (I thought you were home already. I saw you come out of your room." She answered softly and anxiously.

"Kwarto? Atika sad uy... Karon lang gani ko abot gikan school..." (My room? Preposterous... I just arrived from school.)

"What's wrong?" I asked her again. "Nothing..." She answered as she fumbled with the lock on the gate and hurriedly went inside.

By then I thought things couldn't get any weirder. She usually greets me with a smile when I get home. I never really actually found out what happened until after the cheer dance competition, which was a week later. But I sure did regret hearing the details.

One of my cousins who were with ate Ging at that time recounted what happened on that night at around 10:00 pm. They were watching TV in the living room when they heard the door to my room open. My room was situated beside the master's bedroom at the end of a hall way. The partition between the hallway and living room wasn't exactly high so anyone from the living room can see the light coming out of my room and anyone coming in and out of my room and the master bedroom.

At that time, the lights in my room were off since, the room is empty. Apparently, they saw me come out the dark, empty room, looking all ashen and sober and somewhat spaced out.

They were a bit surprised to see me home since, first of all, they never saw me enter the house since I left for school at 7 am. Secondly, they know I have cheerleading practice which doesn't end until midnight. And thirdly, since I still don't have a computer with internet and a cable TV in my room yet, I didn't have any choice but to come out of my cave and watch TV in the living room or surf the net in the computer room which is about 3 steps away from the living room. Lastly, if I would even consider locking myself up in my room, I would have the CD player blasting Dave Matthews Band or The Queen of the Damned sound track with my lights on. I hate it when my room's all dark and quiet.

Anyway, there I was, apparently. I walked out of my "empty" room, passing by the hallway, walking down the living room and en route to the computer room without bothering to take notice of the people in the living room. Funny thing was, I was walking in a rather slow pace. I usually don't do that. Though a bit scared, ate Ging still had the balls to call out on me.

"O, naa na diay ka? Ambi nakog unya pa ka uli?" (You're here already. I thought you won't be home until later?) she asked me. But she never got an answer. Apparently, I didn't even bother to stop and look back at her, according to my cousin.

She called out to me again this time with a louder voice to no avail. I just ignored her until I walked into the computer room without bothering to turn on the lights.

Curiosity got the best of ate Ging and 3 of my cousins hanging out in the living room and they all got up to follow me. They just saw me standing up by the book shelf with my back on them, just facing the books and doing nothing.

They started calling out on me but I didn't budge. Thinking I just want to be left alone, they gave up and went back to watching TV and never thought about it again until around quarter to 1 when I (the real me) rang the doorbell. They looked out the window and were flabbergasted to see me outside the gate. They all went back to the computer room to find it empty and still dark.

I'm not exactly Harry Houdini to magically "disappear" in the computer room and "reappear" by the gate outside our house. That's just impossible, maybe even for Harry Houdini.

Collective imagination maybe? Who knows?

But anyway I guess that pretty much explains why Ate Ging was all nervous and shaky when she opened the gate for me on that night.

For the record, I never got sick or had bad luck after that incident contrary to superstitious beliefs about doppelgangers.

Question though... What else do you guys know about doppelgangers aside from what I have mentioned?

Other hauntings by dreadreadrea

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreadreadrea, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-04)
doppelgangers don't give bad luck or any risk in one's health, it's just that it scares you seeing your own self or hearing someone has seen you where you weren't there. That's got to freak out but their harmless. Never seen one but heard from many.
Your story is interesting.:)
cherrie25 (5 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-01)
I am a bisaya too... Og naka experienced napod kog encounter og doppelganger sa ako classmate. Duha mi nakakita. Beside na malason daw or magkasakit ang makakakita ani, my one friend told that doppelganger is a ghost, ghost that did not know their identity when died kaya nangongopya nalang sa buhi na tao... Luckily, ok naman ako ngayon alive & kicking. Thanks God... Pero sa ginagaya ng doppelganger 'di ko talaga alam kung ano ang mangyayari sa kanya... Wala pa din akong nabasang article tungkol dito... Much more nakakatakot if you will see your own doppelganger because it is an omen of death...
lovebugs (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
your cousin has a pretty nice name similar to mine "ging". Any way some said that when you had the chance to see your doppelganger face to face you will die.
jenny00800 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
I am not sure I haven't encountered anyone seeing me or me seeing anyone close to me., it's weird but it gave me the creeps thanks for the story:-) and godbless you
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
People don't die after seeinga the doppleganger its just a myth. But I bet if I saw one I would die. It is said that they copy somones looks because of lack of energy. Well that's what I herd of. But they sure are scary. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreadreadrea (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-25)
whitebuffalo==) Emily Sagee's case was really interesting... I read it somewhere... Though I still had doubts about its authenticity... But with regards to the rest, I have no doubts whatsoever...:)
But good point though...:) thanks for sharing... What I said about doppelgangers being harbingers of misfortune or death was all according to German superstitions anyway.:) I really learned a lot from you.:) Uh, whitebufallo, any ideas how you could possibly open your 3rd eye? I don't exactly have plans, but I'm just curious...

Emma2008
Well, now that you mentioned that... I think I did...:) I remembered locking myself up in the computer room a day after I broke up with my ex and I was bawling my eyes off... That was about a year before the incident... And I do love that room alot...

Rebeccad
I don't exactly remember thinking about my family at that time... My mind was set in winning the competition, but we didn't... Was it possibly a sign?

Schism

Yep... The movie might have sucked but the soundtrack kicked serious ass...:) it wasn't exactly the last time it happened in our house. I was just lucky it wasn't me this time. Long story...:) I'll save that for later...:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Emma: The Internet, of course! 😊
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger, http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa111102a.htm, http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Doppelg%C3%A4nger

Welcome, Jazz19.
I hear you. But scientific evidence "proved" that a bad lifestyle is what ultimately killed our dear Guy de Maupassant. A fear of death and a magnified paranoia of persecution ruled his last days. He had contracted syphilis (In the late stages of syphilis, the disease may subsequently damage the internal organs, including the brain, nerves, eyes, heart, blood vessels, liver, bones, and joints. Signs and symptoms of the late stage of syphilis include difficulty coordinating muscle movements, paralysis, numbness, gradual blindness, and dementia.) in his early days, and it was affecting his MIND. On January 2, in 1892, Maupassant tried to commit suicide by cutting his throat and was committed to a private asylum in Paris, where he died on July 6, 1893.
THIS is NOT a direct correlation to seeing his Doppelganger. He had extenuating medical issues that drove the poor man mad. Perhaps the SIGHT of his double compounded the issue, but it did not point a neon sign to his demise. He had syphilis, he had dementia, he had ISSUES.
HE, HIMSELF, and NOT his double, wrote the script on that. With his inability to live the life that was his, he made some bad choices. And THAT, nothing more, has been proven to be the cause of his death.
Http://www.online-literature.com/maupassant/
Cross referenced with the short story "Lui (Him) " written by Maupassant, himself.
An interesting addition to YOUR comment, according to "wisegeek.com", A doppelganger, also spelled Doppelganger, can be the ghost of a living person or any other sort of physical double. The idea of a doppelganger is sometimes similar to that of an 'evil twin.'"
"Dark Side", "evil twin". Same.
Thank you.
Jazz19 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Whitebuffalo, though I admire you because of your vast knowledge about paranormal facts (I just freshly registered, so... Hello everyone, by the way), but you've got one fact wrong: Guy de Maupassant didn't see his own doppelganger. Or at least he never considered it was one. He called what he saw "The Horla", and though this creature looked and acted like him, he always considered it as being is dead twin brother, haunting him (because he didn't saw him just once. He insisted it followed him, like a "darker side" of himself). And I consider his death has indeed something to do with this creature, since even though Maupassant died from sickness, the sight of this creature caused him to become mad, paranoid... I'm sure this weakened him a good deal (along with the unhealthy life he had always led, granted)
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Whitebuffalo - I am interested in where you found the information about the famous people seeing their own doppelgangers. Please share!

Dread - Perhaps they witnessed a residual haunting of you. Was there ever a time that you walked those exact steps before and were highly emotional or very sick? I'm thinking that somehow the image of you walking from your room to the computer room was recorded into your house and what they saw was a "replay" of it.
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Haha, I like your choice in music! I like "forsaken" on that soundtrack. And few songs are as beautiful as Dave Matthew's "satellite" ;)

This was a very chilling story. I imagined someone in my family standing in our computer room not budging or answering me, then having them "come home" later, in flesh and blood.

Something similar had happened to me once bfore, but I'm saving that story for later:)

Super-creepy! Thanks for sharing!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-22)
I would have to disagree with your explanation of seeing your own Doppelganger. There are MANY documented cases of people witnessing this phenomenon and NOT dying as a direct link to the sighting.
In fact, a FEW of the cases of "famous" people seemed to point to important dates in their lives. The proof of that was in the clothing they were wearing when they were seen by themselves.
Emilie Sagée, Guy de Maupassant, John Donne, Queen Elizabeth I, Percy Shelley are just a few of the high profile people who have seen their own Doppelgangers. While they may NOW all reside on The Other Side, their deaths were not in connection with their sighting.
Thank you for this story.
rebeccad (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-22)
was you thinking about your family while you were at your cheerleading practice?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: