You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Heavy Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Heavy Ghost

 

It was early 70's in Glasgow, Scotland.

Willie was then an agent for various pop groups and his wife has gone out to one of her singing gigs along with their young daughter. Willie was alone in his house for the first time since they'd moved in. He had not been drinking, has never taken drugs neither was he on any medication at that time.

At around 2-3am in the morning he went to visit the lavatory and then obviously came back to bed. He was lying awake when he heard heavy breathing beside him. He thought that it must be his own breathing but when he held his breath, the 'other breathing' continued.

He then almost immediately felt a huge heavy weight on his chest and really thought he was going to die of suffocation. He said over and over in his mind:

'God help me! God help me!'

The pressure eased almost immediately even though this incantation was silent. Willie said he rushed out of the bedroom and into the living room where he said that he looked into a mirror and saw his hair standing on end. He rushed out of the house and drove around. He didn't return until it was light.

When he recounted the story to his wife it frightened her enough for them to put their double mattress in the living room for over 6 months before they could sell the house. However during that time he said that his body sweated out a real stink for quite a few weeks.

After this incident and he has never been able to explain any of it. What to you think it could have been? Even when he recalls it today you can see the fear in him.

He has had other things happen to him so must be sensitive to spirits. The house was a lovely home in a normal street nothing too grand or expensive and not even that old. Strange eh!

We often drive past the house and he really regrets having had to leave it -

There are people living there still so obviously they've not had experiences themselves as far as we know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mowsekins, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mowsekins (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
Hello so sorry to have taken months to reply. I do not know how to answer you each individually and I really wanted to.

This experience happended when Willie was 26 he is 61 now so not a heart attack scenario. He has never had a recurrence of it although he has had other things happen to him - he seems to have them come to him for some reason. I will post another story soon.
Charlemagne (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Hi Mowsekins, thanks for the story. Yes, it does sound like sleep paralysis... But who knows, right? 😕

God Bless!
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Mowseskins; my statement should read-- "I have an idea about this experience".
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
Hi MOWSEKINS;

I have an idea about your experience, but I invite you back first to see what you have to say about it.
And welcome to YGS...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Sorry, I am afraid I must go with sleep paralysis here. It is frightening and horrifying. As far as sweating out a stench as you put it, this can be caused by many things, il;ness, virus, food, etc.

It was a wonderful story! Thanks for taking the time to share with us!

God Bless!
sagemizu (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Well there are possibilities of sleep paralysis though I'm not too educated on sleep paralysis so I'll research it later. Then there is a chance it could be one of those ghosts that sit on your chest.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
It does sound very frightening feeling you're about to suffocate with no one there to help you.

However, you didn't mention this man's age (or who he is for that matter) so I'm assuming he was middle aged or so. Very often, the feeling of heavy weight on the chest is a symptom for heart attacks, including profound sweating and shortness of breath. My thought is that he was probably on the edge of having a heart attack.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
When he laid back in bed, he may have thought he was still awake, but I believe he went to sleep and suffered an episode of sleep paralysis. See "My History with Sleep Paralysis" on this site, it's my story about what I have endured with it. The first one sure scares the hell out of you, take it from me. It was years after that that I had my second one. Lately, I've been hearing my mom's voice when I have an episode. Strange.

Anyway, I don't know how to explain the stink of your friend. How odd.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
This almost sounds like sleep paralysis. Episodes can be associated with hypnagogic hallucinations or dream-like mentation. It is really hard to say what that could have been but I think it was that.
Kind of strange that, that was the only time and no one else experimented any other activity or did you just not mention?
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
it's strange, because he never seen or feel the ghosts. I felt so sorry for him does he stay up night and sleep during the day? That's weird ❤ this stories.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: