You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone Saying My Name

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Saying My Name

 

I was getting ready for bed the other night and I was checking to see if my little sister was ok and asleep. I went and told my parents goodnight because they were already in bed. I took my dog with me and I went to bed. I was getting all comfy and it was all quiet and all and I was laying there on my back and getting ready to fall asleep and all of a sudden someone said my name in my right ear. It was all clear and just perfect, I couldn't tell if it was a women or a guy but what ever it was, it said my name. I just ignored it and I went to sleep.

I told my mom about it and she said she couldn't understand what it could have been. So I have no clue what it was and why it said my name. And when it happened before, I made sure it wasn't my little sister trying to scare me, so I got up and looked under my bed and nothing and I went into my little sister's room and she was sound asleep so I don't know what it was. If you have any clue could you tell me. Thanks.

Other hauntings by strawberrybabe2010

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Rarinfinal (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-09)
Im glad that I've found that someone had experienced the same thing that I have. Just about when I was half asleep one night out of no where my name was yelled in my ear. I woke up right away and jumped out of my bed. I looked around because I could of sworn it had to of been someone there. It5 was so real. Wish I knew what it was but I'm glad that has only happened once to me and hopefully never again.
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Yep hear my name being called out several of times when no ones there it happens almsot everyday for me you name it...
-school
-in my room
-Other peoples house...

Few have said they had hear it too...
isntcaspergood (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hii, that happened to me a few years ago but it was repeatedly night after night and I was so scared and I'd do anything to put off going to bed (I was 13). And I'd just hear my name being whispered. It happened after me and my parents had been discussing ghost stories and I went in to my bedroom and said sarcastically "hello!" then it started (I had forgotten about the ghost conversation until a few months later when I thought about it? One night though while blocking my ears I felt the bottom of my bed sink, and then something grabbed my foot and I shouted "GET OFF ME!" and then it just stopped. I don't know who or what it was but it was really scary, I feel bad for who ever it was though because he/she may have had a message. Scary haha. I get really paranoid by the silence in my room incase I hear it so I sleep with one hand over my ear and one ear against the pillow, its sad I know, that's what its done to me hahaha!
Xxx 😆
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
StrawBerryBabe it was probably the wind playing tricks on you or your mind playing tricks.

You didn't give us enough details so that's the best conclusion. Give us a comment if you have ever had a experience with a ghost before or played with a Ouija board before.

Best of luck ❤
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-21)
well that once happened to me because I was in my bed then I was reading a book about ANGLES so I looked for my name in it then it said your angles name is CUPID REMEMBER so I was half asleep then I heard a voice right in my ear! It said CUPID... STRANGE HUH?
Chrono (2 stories) (41 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-26)
I always hear people yelling my name from behind me in my house when I'm home alone,
and I'm not quite sure what it is! I know it's not me because its a loud yelling, and I get truely frightened.
I'm sure it's a spirit or something like that, and I'm sure yours is too. Dont worry about it though, but if you see anything strange, then let us know!
Take care,
Chrono 😳
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
That's pretty scary! Has anything else like this happened? Maybe you were imagining it or something. Were you really tired?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Hi Wendy, I am not positive what you are experiencing is paranormal, I don't doubt you, it's just that I haven't heard or read of anyone having a loud noise in their head and feeling like it is going to explode along with being held down. I could be wrong and have missed it along the way. Do you sense, see, smell, hear or feel anything else that is happening while this is going on? Does it occur at the same hour?
Wendy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
I've just stumbled onto this site while researching some answers, so I hope I'm not intruding or going over old ground too much. I've had a number of experiences where I've been held down on my bed, or even when asleep in a chair, with great force, and at the same time there is an extremely loud noise in my head - as though my head might explode. It's impossible to move. I've tried praying but can't think of anything else to do. The experience eventually stops, but nothing I can do makes it stop. I've been told it's caused by fear. Can anyone explain these experiences for me?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
That was a great comment you made Martin and Thank you for explaining my comment a little better. I just wish people would understand that not everything in this world is black and white or Good and Evil there are some gray areas that need investigation to be explain. Also I very highly doubt that you are a demon, but without doing a complete investigation I couldn't be for sure. (Just joking, no offense meant Martin)
andy (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
O my god, the same thing happened to me. I was sleeping in my living room. And I was thinkin about sleep paralysis, bc lately I have been having it alot. Suddenly I fell into it. I push effort and I got out. It happened again once I put my head down. And then the 3rd time I didn't try to get out of it. An di hear someone say Andyyyy , it was the scariest voice I hav ever heard. It was clear and perfect. And he said something else but I was so scared I didn't notice the other thing he said. I heard this from my left ear. As if someone was saying 1 inch away
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
Jimbo, Shane doesn't doubt that spirits exist, he's just saying that the (conservative) christian perspective that ghosts can only be demons is somewhat limited and doesn't offer much outside of the usual "it's a demon, call a priest" bit. Sometimes it's just subconscious imageries, sometimes it's a ghost (which, like any human beings, can be good or bad, with the majority being in a shade of gray) and sometimes, but very rarely, yes, it can be a demon. It is very rare though, and calling anything that moves a demon is a disservice to true investigations.

But who knows, maybe I'm a demon and you should call a priest.
Jimbo (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
So how do you explain the voice then?
There are some things science cannot explain and spirits do exist, but only Courtney knows whats really happenning to her
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
Courtney, I think you are better off listening to Martin on this one. Some people like to scare others with the evil spirit thing. I have had it happen to me a couple of times and I haven't been plagued by demons or evil spirits. Good luck to you.
jimbo (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
Hi Coutney

The voice you heard is most probably from an evil spirit. The best advice I can give you if the voices persist is to pray and ask God to help in faith. Or visit your local Church and speak to the Pastor.
All the best
3DS (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
It's probabley some spirit that wants to take your soul with it to the other world.
Courtney (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
i know but it freaked me out for a sec. It hasnt happened to me again yet.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-12)
I actually get that rather often too. I think it's probably just hypnagogic sensations, but who knows, really.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: