You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Accident And White Mist

Real Ghost Stories

Accident And White Mist

 

This is an account from when I was roughly 14 or 15. My mom was driving me to an evening youth group / bible study at our church's youth house. On our way to my youth group we were stopped at a stoplight when out of nowhere the loudest screeching of tires I had ever heard shattered the silence. We instantaneously looked to our left just in time to see a car hit a V shaped median, go airborne and slam in to a telephone pole and utility box.

Being that I am the type of person in a fight or flight situation -'I FIGHT'. I had been a lifeguard for two years at that point so I figured I may be able to help if there is something life threatening wrong. I opened the door and bolted across the big intersection to see if I could help that was in the car. All the while my mom is yelling at me. She pulled off in to the grass and eventually caught up to me. It turned out that the victim was a male, probably in his mid thirties. I was the first to arrive at this mans car. He was unconscious but was breathing. I reached in and turned his engine off. I did not want to move him, not knowing if there was a spinal injury. And since there was no sign of any further risk of injury we waited for the EMS. He was in bad shape, both ankles appeared to be broken and he was breathing but it was labored.

Now to this day I cannot explain what I saw but my mom and I held on to his hand / arm and prayed for this man. While doing so, I opened my eyes and looked at him. When I did - I saw a white milky colored smoke pouring and rising out from his face and upward toward the sky. It was not smoke from like a cigarette or anything. The best I can describe is a pure milky white 'smoke' being pulled out of him. I asked my mom if she saw it and she has always said no, she did not.

I wonder if it was his spirit leaving temporarily so that he would not feel the pain - shock?

We tried calling the hospital the next day but could not find out if he had passed away or not. I feel in my heart that he did not pass away. I wish I knew. I still went on to youth group after that but the whole incident shook me to my very core. Life is precious and too short. I'm getting emotional right now typing this. Anyways, thanks for reading my story. Take care.

Peace and Love To You All

Other hauntings by BriFischer05

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BriFischer05, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Argette (guest)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-28)
When I was a kid my dad used to buy spooky paperback books for me. I remember one that was a compendium of supposedly true stories. There was a story that especially spooked me: It was all about the vapors and mists that allegedly arose from the body at the moment of death. I seem to recall it had a Civil War connection somehow.

Interesting book. Lots of stuff about seances, automatic writing and spontaneous human combustion. Really freaked me out.
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
Maybe you should try finding news articles from the next few days after it happened, there might be something in there.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
I too hope that this man did not pass away. And if your realy feel that he didn't then he is probably out there thanking God that he sent a kind angel to help him. That angel must have been you. Thanks for this great story you shared with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Crazy? You? Nah, there is NO way.
This is a beautiful retelling of remarkable events. Thank you for sharing it Brian.
It IS my belief that the Spirit DOES leave the body in moments of severe illnesses. It IS my belief that it DOES SO as a form of preparedness.
It is almost like baseball (no disrespect meant, I am NOT trying to be blasphemous). Bases loaded, bottom of the ninth, two outs and two strikes on the board. Batter up is a lefty. (that has NOTHING to do with it, I was just "caught up" in the moment. 😊) The pitcher begins the wind up, and the runners inch out past the bases in anticipation of the hit.
It is in ANTICIPATION. A JOYFUL anticipation of being reunited with those who are presently in The Land of Many Summers. The Spirit "inches out" in the mind set to obtain an advanced place to begin the journey Home.
I can just imagine the "Aw, Shucks" when we are called back to our physical forms.
I would not question this gift of yours. Some people are just not READY to see. Some are not ready to hear. Our Higher Power KNOWS what we CAN handle, and what would be too much. AGE does not matter. Frame of mind, and the willingness to be used to His (or Her) will is all that does.
Thank you.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
I have always believed that whatever I saw was spiritual in nature. Everyone I have told thinks I'm crazy. I know what I saw and it just validates for me that there is more to just our physical body. Thanks for all wonderful support and feedback from all of you!
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
You showed rare presence of mind, BriFischer, particulary for one as young as you were at the time.

I know that there is a belief among certain Native American groups that any time a person goes through something physically traumatic, the spirit does indeed leave the body. Because of this belief, many have developed rituals designed to recall the spirit to the body.

It's hard for many of us of European descent to understand, but a medicine woman of sorts once explained it to me. She even pointed out to me that in English we have the word 'dispirited' to describe some people, particularly when they're recovering from a severe accident, illness, or any other sort of life-endangering experience.

You appear to be a very spiritual kind of person--maybe that's why you could see this mist that others couldn't.
Schism (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing this one!

I used to be an EMT and my husband is a paramedic. I've always wondered why, with all of the dead bodies, dying people, and those few who we've actually brought back to life using CPR, neither of us have ever seen something like this. We have seen/heard ghosts before, but never at work.

I have a feeling that it all has to do with the state of mind.

When we're working and thinking about what we need to do next, our minds are preoccupied. But you were praying, which may have opened you up to be able to witness his out of body experience or his passing.

I say passing is because from the way you describe his condition, I've had many patients involved in car accidents who were unconscious with labored breathing who ended up dying not long afterward.

Either way, you were there to comfort him and that's all that matters:)

Your mother may not be as sensitive as you are, which would explain why she didn't see it while you were praying. Either that, or maybe she was just way more nervous than you are in these situations, as you said she was worried about you going over there to help.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Thank you very much for your feedback (Rhodes68) and (Tonith), your comments and advise are as always - greatly appreciated!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
What an amazing experience BriFischer-you are a brave soul!

I can understand how shocking it is to remember, let alone describe in full detail the specifics of such an accident and I do also hope that the driver is alive and, most of all, healthy today. Actually after your last comment that you feel he is alive today, something tells me that's the case.

Do not question why your mother didn't see the mist;obviously she isn't as sensitive as you are or she wasn't meant to see it. It is believed that sometimes our soul-our energy- may get seperated from its physical "shell" during such dramatic incidents and it either transcends if the injuries are overwhelming or simply wanders-observes its physical body and then "is called back". I will not question by whom-that depends on one's beliefs.

I believe what you witnessed that day was in fact this man's soul getting detached as he was drifting in and out of consciousness;he was apparently "balancing" between the two realms.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Wow. I have read instances of just this thing and maybe you are right about his spirit leaving his body because of the trauma. I think the closer to death you are the spirit can leave the body but that doesn't mean the person will die. It's said the silver cord has to break for this to happen. You may have witnessed what an out of body experience looks like from an observational vantage point. The reason your mother didn't see it may be due to the fact that she is not sensitive in this area and for whatever reason you were. I hope if something like that ever happens to me there is someone like you around. It took courage to do what you did being that you didn't know if that car would blow up or catch fire but you still went to the aid of this man. I hope he made it. People like you do what needs to be done and then start shaking afterwards lol. I would have been shaking from just seeing it happen. Kudos to you Bri. God put you exactly where you were needed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: