You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Paranormal Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My First Paranormal Experience

 

This story takes place in the in the well known town Glastonbury. Famous for its festival and the legendary King Arthur is said to be buried in the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey.

It all takes place in the house that my best friend Celeste used to live in.

I was about 6 or 7 years old and was sleeping over Celeste's house. We had been out playing all day as it was during the summer holidays. We came back to Celeste's house about 5pm.

Celeste's mum (Bodie) said that she would pop down to the chip shop to get some tea for us. Me and Celeste decided to go upstairs to play with her dolls house.

We started to climb the stairs when her bedroom door opened by its self and out walked a black hooded figure with bright red eyes. It walked straight across the landing, opened her mothers door went inside and shut it again.

Me and Celeste, were so scared we ran out the house, shutting the door behind us. Down the road to the chip shop where Bodie was getting us our tea. We told her what had happened. She told us that we were both being silly and that we had imagined it. She paid for our chips and we left.

We were walking back to the house when we noticed that the front door was wide open. We walked inside and at the top of the stairs was a black figure with bright red eyes. All 3 of us saw it, we left the house Celeste and her mother never went back into the house and moved about a week later.

Me and Celeste are now 19 and the still the best of friends. The other day while down our local pub for a drink with some of our friends the subject came up, and to this day we still swear we saw the figure. We would both really like to know that this "thing" was?

Thanks for reading

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, she_reigns_forever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
Shadowfolk, such has been noted elsewhere.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
she_reigns_forever (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
i didn't really feel a lot else other that anger and extream fright, and now I won't go anywhere near the estate!
Stay safe 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Its hard for me to tell you what this was but It sure must have been a scary experience. I was going to say that children have the abvility to see more then others but your friends mom saw her to so the spirit must have had a lot of energy. Was it a demonic spirit? Well its hard to say. What did you all feel except fear? Thanks again for this amazing story. It sure was a great read. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
she_reigns_forever (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-25)
no we never saw this presence before. I used to think that I saw her cat sometimes when she was out but that's it. We both used to get weird feelings in her old house that she moved out of about 6 months before but I don't think they can move after us can they?
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
demonic presence for sure! Its a good thing you guys got out when you did. My only question is you guys have been best friends for along time so I'm sure you must of had other sleep overs then this one did you see this creature before or feel a strong presence in the home before this happend? Thanks for the story and god bless.
she_reigns_forever (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
None of us have ever returned to that street. I would never do a ouiji board as I think they open the gates to hell. I have recently read that the ghost of king Arthur is said to have read eyes but have only heard he haunts the local abbey, a good 10 minute walk from where this happened. What ever it was I never want to experiance anything like it again. Least people believe me most people think I'm crazy!

Xx ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
black hooded thing can never be a good thing especially red eyes. That would tell me "evil" "demon" all around. It's a good thing they got out as fast as they could. Who knows what would have happened if they stayed.
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
That is a definite characteristic of a demonic haunting. It's good that you all left. Don't ever go back in that house. Do not use Ouiji boards either, as you could very easily bring that type of thing about again.

Good luck, hopefully that will never happen again.
leoluva101 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
the hooded figure traits and the red eyes sound rather demonic don't try to go in that house again-leoluva101
Haunted_Vision (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-24)
thats strange... It could have been either two tthings that I know of there's probably many more explainations...

Explantion one...
It was a powerfull poltergeist having a laugh (it would need to fairly strong to be seen by anyone)

Or it was the spirits of people who died with a grudge on their mind. All of them weak but the strongest non had a tie with the neighbour hood. The spirits manifested into one which whould have been quite dangerous. Hope that helps...
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-23)
Hello, Wow Hooded figure with red eyes? Wow that creepy I still remember my own ghost experience in 1991 I was 19 and live my own you can check out my story there and Some ask me what it is mean when I had that hooded figure by the window and it never move and it don't have eyes but I do feel them stare at me but the trailer is brand new.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: