You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Visit For A Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit For A Little Girl

 

This story was told to me by my mom, When I was 3 years old my Uncle Gary and Aunt Lorraine took me to spend a night at their house, They made me a bed at the bottom of theirs and there I fell asleep. In my Uncle Gary's house there are two doors one on the right side of the house and one on the left side of the house. The door on the left side they never used because they found it too hard to open and close so they always used the door on the right.

On this night I woke up and managed to open that door on the left, with nothing on but a white nightgown and socks on my feet I walked up Mayor Avenue which is a hill with my shoes in my hand. I stopped at the top and just stood there. A couple coming home from a night on the town noticed me and stopped their car; the man who was driving the car didn't want to touch me because he was afraid that if anything happened to me he would be to blame. So he told his wife to go to their house which was only across the street and grab a comforter so that he can wrap me up and keep me warm.

They brought me back to their house where they called the police and told them of what happened. At 2:45 am my mom received a call it was the police officer of course my mom thinking this was a practical joke went off on him until he said do you have a daughter named Melissa? My mom said yes he then said well we have her.

My mom told me that when I was young she would always question me and ask me what my name was and where did I live what was her name and where did she live just in case I happened to get lost. I gave this information to the police officer who looked my number up in the phone book. My mom called my Uncle Gary and told him and they both went to the home and picked me up.

When we got back to my Uncle Gary's place the police officer asked me why did I leave the house and this is what I said... I woke up and a lady in a blue dress told me to walk up the hill and wait because she was going to take me to see my Poppy Harding in heaven. She walked with me and sang to me. Then they asked me where did I see this woman in the blue dress and I pointed to the window in the living room and said she was in the corner of the window. Let's just say that everyone in the room was shocked by what they just heard especially coming from a 3-year-old.

The next morning my mom, my nan and myself went to see a priest named Father Walsh and he asked me to tell him the story but I couldn't remember. Later that evening it hit my mom. Before I was born my grandfather's cousin who everyone called "Kitty" lived with them and before she died she had two wishes. One was to receive her old age pension and the other was to see my mom's baby. When she died my mom was 5 months pregnant with me. My mom told me that the day she was buried she wore a blue dress. So she is completely 100% convinced that Kitty visited me on that night. Father Walsh said to my mom, "your child has an early calling I don't know of what or when but she is blessed."

This is when I started to see and talk to the departed. Twenty-four years later I'm still doing it and now I know how this came to be.

Other hauntings by Ghostgirl24

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ghostgirl24, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Beautiful-Creatures91 (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-02-28)
I know this was posted ages ago but just wanted to say it was beautiful and it brought a tear to my eye. My nan died in 2010 and I still miss her so much, keep hoping she will come and visit me so I could see her again. I'd give anything for that one last cuddle!
Niksterrific (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-22)
Amazing story! Have you seen her since? I would love to hear some more of your experiences. 😊
esther91 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Thank you for sharing the story. It was incredibly interesting.
❤ Esther
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
I wish I could go to heaven when I pass of old age. Wish I was cool enough to go to heaven one day but Id have to be super good:)
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
Hi Melissa and thank you for sharring another great story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I agree with what your priest siad. You are blessed to have this gift. You can do very special things with this gift. Thanks again for this story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-28)
You were too young Melissa and possibly overwhelmed by the experience itself... I mean to find yourself outdoors in the middle of the night, having strangers pick you up... That might be terrifying for a young child-a memory that you would most probably want to block out. Like I said, I might have been able to remember a few things about my sleep walking experiences but other people, like my brother, don't.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Never had the sleepwalk thing happen to me, and God gives us each different gifts. My journey has been a long one, and I hope to share many stories of my experiences on this wonderful web site. Family does come to us as we sleep, since this a time when our subconcious doesn't fight or question ethereal visits. Thanks so much for sharing, I really enjoyed reading your story.,Blessings, Ghostseer
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
I don't remember anything about that night at all. I really wish I could, My mom said that after that night I wouldn't repeat what happened to me. I don't know why my mind blocked such an important aspect of my life out.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
I have been a sleep walkers on numerous occassions as a child Melissa and I still have this distinct memory of being partially aware of what I was doing but had little control over my body. I strongly believe that Kittie was talking not to the "physical" you but to your spirit-she was challenging the energy of that little girl to take that short trip with her thinking that as she, you would also manage to find your way back to your world. I don't feel she meant harm but I have to wonder whether the departed ones still remember what it's like to be in human form, how difficult it is to be aware of the distinction between the physical and spiritual realm.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Do you see and talk to the departed on a regular basis, Ghostgirl24? Do you communicate with them only on this plane?
Just a thought here, this DID occur over twenty four years ago, and it sounds as if you put aside the memory for one reason or another, but perhaps while you were walking the street (for lack of a better "visual") your mind was walking the Spirit realm.
I have been with sleep walkers who would appear to be fully awake. They look around, pause in the walk, and sometimes DO have verbal communication that is easily followed. Maybe Kitty was trying to show you the "walk" in the Spiritual sense, and in your three year old body, the two separate acts were THE SAME. Perhaps to be able to walk THAT walk, you physically had to do it as well.
Just a thought. Not all experiences are the same, but I HAVE witnessed a young child who did just what I described.
Thank you.
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Thank you for reading my story, the only thing I don't understand is why did she say she was going to take me to heaven to see my great grandfather? After I heard that I was wondering what would have happened if no one came by and noticed me?
Ghostgirl24 (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
The lady was my grandfathers cousin kitty, who past away before I was born
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Hello, Melissa and thank you for sharing a very interesting encounter with us!

I think your story offers a different perspective on "sleep-walking". I personally believe that deceased family members do come back and many times that is to fullfill a past wish. Kitty must have really wanted to get to know you if she made such a long journey.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-26)
Wow, That almost like you sleep walk but I understand, your mom cousin died I am sorry to hear that. THe lady who is she?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: