You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Demon In Alien's Clothing

Real Ghost Stories

The Demon In Alien's Clothing

 

I will honestly admit this is going to be hard to believe as I write it. I find it hard to believe myself and wonder if perhaps I dreamed it, but in no way can I convince myself that I did. Even today as I think about this incident I still get a cold chill down my back. If I recall it at night I close my eyes tightly and pull the covers up over me. Sometimes, I'll even call my dog over and let him sleep near the bed just so that he can warn me if, it ever comes again. I think you will agree with me that this is probably going to be one of the most unusual instances of an inhuman haunting incident you will have ever heard.

It was 1998 when I dated a woman who I'll call Anne. I had arrived in the Seattle area a little over a year ago after a move from my home in St. Louis Missouri. We met through a weekly meeting of psychics and their followers who gathered to give readings and talk about the paranormal. At first I was pretty open to the ideas that were talked about but as time passed I realized that these meetings were more about predicting how much money could be "freed" from the believer's wallets and purses then on any true learning. But that is a different story.

Anne and I hit it off right away we both were very independent and both had received kidney transplants due to illness. Our beliefs were similar and they had led us to these meetings to cultivate our interest in psychic phenomena. However, as the meetings progressed Anne became more enthralled with them and I became more skeptical.

First of all I am a believer in paranormal activity having experienced many strange and unexplainable incidents myself. But the people I was meeting seemed to willing to accept everything they were told with out question. And in my experiences I was felt spirit or the universe, or God if you will was telling me that everything about life was meant to be questioned and mankind always fell into trouble when he blindly followed without question.

Anne I always felt had come from a troubled background, at least that is what she alluded to without saying so directly. I felt that there was probably some form of abuse in her childhood from stories that she would tell me of growing up. In time she revealed to me that she believed she was an alien abductee and that on occasions these aliens would come at night and take her away from her home and conduct experiments on her.

For myself I keep an open mind on UFO's even though I've never seen one. But during my Air Force years I ran into a few Pilots who told me of incidents they were involved in that they couldn't explain. I knew these men to be of good character and excellent pilots so I had no reason to doubt them. But being from Missouri I still held on to my "show me" attitude.

When Anne revealed this to me I wasn't sure how to take it. I'd heard of such people on television but I'd also heard the explanations as well such as false memories or implanted ones made by phony therapists or bad hypnotists. This seemed to fit in my mind because Anne was addicted to psychics and would pay hundreds of dollars to them so they would confirm these visitations. I truly felt sorry for her because I felt not only had she been victimized as a child but she was still being victimized by these criminals as well.

I tried to tell her she should go to a real therapist or psychologist and talk things out with them but she wouldn't have it. She seemed happy to leave things as they were. She was so convinced that what she was hearing was true that she felt she was a hybrid alien. Now that would be funny except that she did have physical characteristics reminiscent of the little gray aliens that are spoken of.

She was small in stature, about 5'2 with thin arms and legs. Her head was round with high cheekbones and a small pointed chin. But it was her eyes that really stood out. She had the most unusual eyes. They were grayish blue and almost seemed to glow. It was the first thing you noticed about her for they didn't really seem to match her skin and hair color. If a human and an alien were to mate, I would surely bet that the off spring would have looked like Anne.

Time passed and Anne and I continued to be friends though we didn't really date anymore. We were just too different, I wasn't willing to believe all the nonsense I was hearing at the club and I couldn't get Anne to listen to alternative viewpoints. Soon enough I felt time itself would show her the truth and she would listen to reason. Little did I know at the time that it would be my own eyes that would soon see the truth.

I can't remember the night but it was after one of those meetings, we had stopped afterwards for dinner and a few drinks. When it got late I drove her home because due to diabetes she had a hard time driving at night. When we got to her place she invited me in for a late cup of coffee and some more conversation. We spoke for a few hours on her family and the evening's meeting and as usual she spoke about the aliens that would come to visit her from time to time.

She had mentioned that they had been around quite a bit lately she could see them at times peering in through her windows looking at her with red eyes. It must have been the alcohol I had earlier because I started to kid her about it. I told her I didn't really believe aliens visited her in an apartment and no one noticed her floating away or the big saucer in the parking lot. Nevertheless she said it happened and the aliens were constantly watching her. She even warned me to watch what I said for they would protect her.

Now I had to laugh at this, for it just seemed to me to be too weird. I always believed the 'aliens' were just a figment of her imagination or something she concocted to cover the trauma of something in her childhood. I was pretty sure there was nothing around. I flatly told her that I didn't really believe that aliens with red eyes were looking in on us through the window. To bolster my case I stood up and yelled aloud "if there are aliens here then come and get me!" I got a good laugh out of that but Anne didn't share my humor. She looked at me quite seriously and said 'I warned you!'. By then it was late and we said our goodbyes, I told her that if I survived the night I'd call her in the morning. The ride home was a short and uneventful and soon enough I was at home and ready for bed.

As was my habit, I turned on my CD player to play softly in my living room and then set the alarm that lay on the nightstand. I didn't need to go anywhere in the morning but I had been up late and I didn't want to sleep the next day away. I noticed the time was about 02:25 AM. I buried myself in my covers and flicked off the light to sleep.

It seemed only a moment or two when I felt a sense of drowsiness come over me and my eyelids slowly relax as sleep came over me. As I was letting go of consciousness and letting sleep take over I felt a tremendous impact on my back. My entire body twisted until I was face down against my pillow as something was forcing my head into it trying to smother me.

I was in total panic as I tried to lift myself up and think of what was going on. My first thoughts were that there was a burglar in the house and had ambushed me as I went to bed. He was going to kill me so he could rob the house in peace. I tried to lift myself up with all my might but I couldn't budge. It was if a safe was on top of me. I struggled to breath and figure out what to do what a time to get robbed I thought.

As I struggled something occurred to me, what I thought were hands on my shoulders pushing me down didn't feel like hands. They were claws! Sharp sets of claws were digging into my shoulders pushing me down, not just one set of claws but two! Another set was resting on my lower back forcing me down upon the bed. To my horror I came to know that no human was in my home but some creature that was resting on my back that was attempting to kill me.

By this time all manners of thoughts were racing through my head, the only one I remember was that Anne's aliens had come to kill me. But I'd never heard of Aliens doing this even in fiction. But something did occur to me. I remembered years ago when I went to a Pentecostal church, a speaker had come to speak to the congregation about demons. He spoke of them from the biblical text and from folklore. He mentioned the creatures called Succubus who would come in the form of an old woman and ride men upon their chest slowly suffocating them. Modern psychologists called these phenomena "Night Hag Syndrome" and believed it was a mind disorder that was linked with sleep paralysis. I knew that some form of this creature was here trying to do this to me and it wasn't a figment of my mind.

At that moment I could do the only thing I could think of doing and that was pray. I whispered "Jesus help me!" Much to my surprise the weight lifted off my shoulders and I was able to raise my head enough to suck in a great mass of air. No sooner then I had done such when again the claws forced me back down. Again panic took over me but in the back of my mind I knew that my short prayer worked. I repeated "Jesus, lord in heaven help me!"

This time the thing let go completely as if it had been hit with a shotgun. I could feel the weight leap from my back away from me toward the end of my bed. I turned around as quickly as possible to see a black shape leap into the air and get sucked into the ceiling instantaneously. The room was dead silent and it took a few moments for me to begin to listen and then hear the faint music I had started earlier. It had seemed like during the struggle the whole world had held its breath in silence to see who would win this spiritual battle.

After a moment my fear turned to anger and I jumped out of my bed and searched the house. Inside I doubted what I had experienced and had picked up a knife to check the rest of the apartment. I still felt inside that maybe, just maybe it had been a prowler who had attacked me. But when I saw that all the doors and windows were still locked from the inside I knew I wasn't imagining anything. It had really happened.

I went back to my bedroom and looked at the clock that now read 02:35 AM. I picked up the phone and dialed Anne's number. She answered quickly telling me she was still awake not feeling sleepy. I began to relate to her what happened going into every detail. After I finished my story I waited for her reaction. She said nothing for several seconds until finally in a calm voice she said, "I told you so."

In the following days I did some reading on demonology and I realized that these beings had surrounded Anne and were feeding off of her beliefs that came from her own traumatic background. I tried to speak to her about it but she wouldn't hear it. She thought they were her friends in some strange way and they were there to lead her to a greater something, she just had to discover exactly what. The people at the Psychic Club were of no help as well and continued to encourage her to seek out the aliens and that they were there to help her, for a price.

Soon enough I was disgusted by the whole thing and left the group. Anne and I drifted apart. I couldn't stand to see what was happening and she didn't want to hear my advice. I don't know whatever happened to her positively but I know she had gotten involved with some weird group who wanted to help her get in touch with her aliens through hypnotism and believe it or not sex.

Seven years later I still wonder what happened to her.

Other hauntings by Hankules

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hankules, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JBarum (28 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-02-15)
When I had first stumbled onto a youtube video about demons mascarading themselves as alens/ supernatural, I thought it was complete BS. Mainly because the person who did the video was an idiot. But when I looked at different articles that explained it better, it actually makes sense. I'm not saying that it is or isn't. I don't know. But it would explain why only certain people seem to see aliens/etc and why all these paranormal things seem to meld together. Most people I know that have had ghost phenomina, have also experienced at least 1 other paranormal thing. (aliens, bigfoot, etc) Basically what I read indicates that the supernatural are all demonic, disguising themselves as these other things to gain support/believers. And things like UFOs, bigfoot, aliens/etc all are from a different (demonic) dimension. That's why there's little to no proof, even though so many people have claimed to experience it. It's also how they can vanish with little or no trace left behind. And when you think about it, how similar are the alien experiences to those of a demonic one?
Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-05)
Well it sounds like Anne is in a lost world now.

You had a demon in your bed room for sure. I believe demons and aliens are the same anyway.

Heck there is a lot of evil out there that people think are helpers and here they are going to get help from evil.

If Anne is now in a sex group, even she should know they can be evil too.

Yes praying does help, it helped me to get rid of the demon that was around me in 1975.

Take care,

Walter
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-21)
-Hankules-

Poor Anne. It sounded like you really tried to help her. I felt sorry for her, but at the same time she should have taken more responsibility for her life and situation. Maybe she liked the attention she received from the psychics even if they milked her for every penny that she had. I am glad you drifted away from her because she is only going to spiral downwards before she is going to get better. I think you were a wonderful friend to her and tried your best, but sometimes you just have to let go.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Very interesting story. It is so sad to see how these groups, especially the last one you mentioned, took advantage of Anne. It must have been hard for you to let go of someone you cared so much about and watch her go down the wrong path.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
that is a very strange and out there story! But I do believe you. Do I believe it was an alien?...no but a demon... Quite possibly. That's what the devil does... He feeds off peoples weakness and your friend seems to be at a very fragile state in her life.

Has things calmed down since you parted ways with "Anne"?
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Really funny how often people's experiences get dismissed as mere sleep paralysis here at YGS.
Even when they say they were fully conscious and add significant details to prove it.
Some people would insist it was sleep paralysis even if he HAD been attacked by human burglars, and robbed as well.
It was all a dream, and the missing items were only part of the dreamstate he suffered.

The close proximity of Hankules' taunt and his experience look very unlike a coincidence; this would be more especially so if he'd had no experience before like that he describes in his story.

The situation with Anne looks more like a case of sex and other contact with spirits than space alien abduction.

A very interesting, strange story.
Muaviper (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
I like this story. We use to live in a house that has supernatural occurance with the unexplained. Reading your story made me conclude that Alien beings can be the same as demonic beings. I remember seeing a super bright light out of the two story house we lived in. I know enought to think that something this bright can't be coming from a second floor. I saw something float from the windows to where I was. I was little and scared at that time, but thought it was a huge head. I duck under the blanket and don't remember when I fell asleep. Somehow, I felt this perfect nickle-coin size hard object on my left nipple and none on my right nipple. Funny thing is, the object is always there for many years (over 20 years) until the day I decided to tell my father. This happens in a house that that is eerie and you can feel the presence of something. This house is where my brothers and we all experience "sleep paralyst" as scientist called them in one particular room. This is not the same room as the light occurance. I always dread the basement of this house, and to this day, I still dream about this house.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Wow what a swcary story. And again I have to say that this is an amazing story. As you said there are people who don't want to believe in the truth. I think Annie didn't want to know the truth. Thanks again for this facinating story. It brings a joy to read them.
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
This is an interesting encounter, Hankules. I have seen this happen in some psychic groups (I've never been part of one and probably wouldn't want to be, but had friends that were). It's so unfortunate that Anne got herself into this situation, and even sadder that she refused to be saved from it. She may not have been a target for this demon if she had not joined the group and the group (as a mass consciousness) not attracted all different kinds of beings to the meetings. The human race is so despicable sometimes, especially when they don't question things, and when they try and do things like pass off Anne's experiences as ones with aliens rather than noticing a vulnerable person in need of love and validity. Well done you for being strong, seeing the truth and resisting.

All the best

Ogle
Nevadaghosthunter (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
I agree with Surya. This was not a sleep paralysis episode. I too have this malady and this doesn't sound like one to me at all.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Hankules
Sad about Anne, she must be so tormented that she can not see beyond what these people have fed her. Hopefully she will come atouond one day. I am wondering whether all this talk with Anne that night lead to the incident you encountered that night? Have you experianced anymore.

By the way I would not take any notice of some peoples comments, they obviously have not experianced anything but quick to leave the comments.
Nevadaghosthunter (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
Hello Hankules,
I've seen a lot of things in my life including groups that prey upon people like Anne that are not strong enough to defend themselves. They give the real "psychics" out there a bad rap. If you ask me, the beastie that visited you was simply a thought form sent by Anne and the group of "psychics" to convince you that what they believe is true. It had nothing to do with Alien abduction at all. I am sure they were really hoping you'd be scared out of your mind and give them money to make it all go away... God, I hate those charlatans!
You were smarter than that though and didn't react with the kind of fear they wanted to evoke from you. Kudos to you for keeping your own belief system strong.
Please know that there are really mediums, psychics etc out there that are the real deal. They are easy to spot because they are the ones that don't charge for their special gifts.
ElinaIoneki822 (9 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
WOW. What a great story. I am so sorry to hear that things didn't work out between you and Anne, even though she seems like a quack, she's still a woman. Did the "thing" say anything to you? Or was it just holding you down? That's just freaky enough as it is! Praying is definately what will help you rid spirits. Depending on your beliefs I suggest saying a protection prayer every night before you go to bed, just to be on the safe side 😉

Good Luck!
Elina
Hankules (4 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
Just a quick reply to Snailbug, for the record I had one drink and then diet soda for the rest of the night (since I was driving). Plus I never said I was paralysed, I could move but the force against me so strong I couldn't budge the force that was holding me. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
You literally talked yourself into having a sleep paralysis episode. No matter how much you think it was real, it wasn't. I suffer from episodes regularly, just had one yesterday as a matter of fact. The relationship you had with Anne was very intense and I'm surprised you haven't had more experiences such as the one in your story.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
<i>"If a human and an alien were to mate, I would surely bet that the off spring would have looked like Anne."</i>

Wow, just what every woman wants to hear!

No offense, but I think your story can be attributed to simple sleep paralysis, especially since you had been drinking that night.
Jitow (362 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
You hit the nail on the head. I do believe that there a spirits that appear to be good but I also believe that paranormal events are controlled by demonic forces including alien phenomina. Many Christian scholars have the same belief. The supernatural is used to cloud God's word and confuse those who should be seeking God for the answers to life's questions. Call on who you want to but this is just another event that proves Jesus is real and all powerful.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
Wow, sorry to hear about Anne, hope she is good and well now, I believe you are right in saying it was a demonic force, I don't think the Aliens would mind you praying to the Lord 😳
Claudia

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: