You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: A House Of Doppelgangers

Real Ghost Stories

A House Of Doppelgangers

 

My brothers and I have been living in our townhouse for 8 years now, ever since I entered college and my brothers entered high school in an exclusive school in Quezon City, Philippines. Our townhouse is only a 10-minute-walk away from the school, which is very convenient for us. However, because our family business is in the province, my parents have to live there while my brothers and I live in our townhouse alone.

Several incidents happened in our house which we chose to ignore. In one instance, when my dad paid us a visit, he and my brother were in the kitchen. My brother was washing dishes while my dad was chopping vegetables for lunch. They were both facing the wall, their heads turned away from the door leading to the wash room at the end of the kitchen. From behind them they heard my voice say, "Pagamit ng C.R. Ha," which is Tagalog for "May I use the rest room?" My brother answered back, "What's wrong with you?" because he was surprised I was asking permission in our own house. They both turned around and saw no one. They checked the bathroom - it was empty. They went around the house - I wasn't there. I received a call in my cell from my brother that day, asking where I was. I was at work the whole time. But my brother and father were both certain it was my voice they heard.

The second incident was more creepy, because I myself experienced it. I was leaving for work, my youngest brother was already in school while my younger brother was in his room. I stepped out the door and stood by the front steps locking the door with my keys. Suddenly I heard MY voice in the living room calling my brother's name: "Rap, baba ka!" (Translation: Rap, come down here!) I fumbled with my keys and tried to open the door, except this time the locks won't open. I heard my brother running down the stairs so I went to the window to see what will happen. The living room was empty. My brother opened the door for me and asked why I was calling him. I told him it wasn't me calling him and he couldn't believe it. After telling the story again, I left him to go to work.

The third incident happened in my room, more than a year after the second incident. I woke up in the middle of the night - which always happens to me. The first thing I did is check my bedside clock (which I always check when I wake up in the middle of the night for comparison), it was 2:00 in the morning. At the corner of my is a full length mirror which normally faces and reflects the image of my bedroom door. After checking my clock I checked my mirror and saw myself standing and staring at myself in a deadpan way. At first I thought I was looking at my reflection and I even asked myself in my mind, "Why the hell am I sleeping standing up?" But then I felt the bed and knew I was lying down. After a few seconds of staring at my standing reflection, I turned to the other side of the bed and decided to just ignore it.

The last incident did not happen to me but to my youngest brother, who has always been in touch with the supernatural. It happened just last year, 2007. According to him, he woke up at 5 am and took a bath for school. While getting dressed he noticed that his reflection in the mirror was grinning at him though he wasn't smiling at all. He got scared and decided to go to school though it was too early. When he was locking the door, he practically screamed when he saw his own head grinning at him from his right shoulder. He walked to school, the whole time with the grinning face that looks like him on his right shoulder which he could see through his peripheral vision. On the way to school, he passed by some shops and saw his reflection with still grinning at him. He noted that although his reflection looks like him exactly, the eyes were somewhat different.

My brother chose to ignore the doppelganger who stayed with him at school the whole day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, maharlika, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-12)
Omg.if I were your brother. I would have died of shock already:'D
Sweettooth (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-30)
Omy the last one freaks me out gee I don't know if I can stay on a house like that. 😨
Trischa_D (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
That is a super, super creepy story. I've read a lot of stories on this site, and this one FREAKED ME OUT!
Sandy1690 (21 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-11)
If that would have happened to me I was sure dead! Freaking to see your own image following you everywhere.
Niksterrific (19 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-26)
OKAY! That one freaked me out! If I were to hear my own voice calling to my daughter or someone else, I would probably die of a heart attack right there! 😨
harrypotterfan2013 (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-31)
there not real they can't kill you they can't hurt you ok don't know why people say this
maryshelley24 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
I never experienced any doppelganger of my own but my sister do have a doppelganger. Back in our old house in the province she always get sick and she has poor health even though she takes vitamins and medication but when we transfered in the city her health improved and now she's doing fine. Even though we still can see her doppelganger up to this time in our new house her health was not as bad as before and I also think it followed us here.
maryshelley24 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-21)
Woaah!This is so creepy... It totally freaked me out... Listening to your own voice... That is really scary...
casper39_caz (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-10)
They say that Doppelgangers exists because of black aura. They say that if a person has a lot of bad aura that surrounds him it manifest as doppelgangers.

I always encounter doppelgangers but it is always fleeting that I always brush it off. But the experience of your brother where he saw his own doppelganger and keeps following him is really creepy. I hope I don't experience it because I don't know what will I do. 😊
Nysa (4 stories) (685 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-23)
I assume jejederp was attempting to make a joke here, but in case someone really wondering about doppelg
jejederp (1 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-12-23)
you know, finding your doppelganger results in death. It is an omen especially in your case.
Hongo-Yukina (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-23)
A piece of advice though, never put a mirror where it ends up facing the stairs or the door. Spirits tend to get attracted to mirrors thinking that it's their way to go somewhere else. That's why they tend to get stuck in that place.

Another thing, if they're only just playing with you guys, I think you should ignore them. Try not to freak out too much because they hate that kind of reaction from the living. 😊
eameiggam (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Its kind of weird but I really
Believe in the so called 'DOPPELGANGERS'
Because it happens to me way back 2008,
Its a doppelganger of my grandma.
I enjoyed reading your story!
😨 😨 😨
Katty (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-11)
I had an experience when I was about 12. My girlfriend and I were sleeping in a tent in her backyard one night. I woke up around 1am or so, Our tent flap stayed open so we could get the air. When I was turning over, I noticed on the patio, straight across from the tent, a young girl, who seemed to be pacing the patio, with her arms folded. Like if she was kicking a pebble or something. I leaned up, totoally alert at this point, and noticed that it was my friend... As I was about to ask her, what she was doing up, I glanced at her sleeping bag, and saw she was still in it. I had to do a double take,, The girl was still pacing the patio and my friend was still in her bag. I then decided, to try and wake her, before I was to talk to the other girl. I finally got her to wake up. She asked what was wrong and I said, look outside, and tell me what you see. She said to me,, WHOS THAT? I was relieved to know I wasn't alone in seeing this girl. We both got scared and we kept looking at this girl for about 15 minutes, undecided on what to do. The girl then walked over to the edge of the yard and stood there for the remainder. We were not sure what to think, and never spoke to her or anything. We just rolled over, scared stiff and tried to go back to sleep. If that was my friend's dopplebanger, she is still alive and well today. We are both 58 now.
guestus (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-29)
I had a whole bunch of dopplerganger experiences! I didn't even know it was a doppleganger until you said so.
Once I was half-asleep, and I sort of half woke up, and saw my mom come into my room and watch me. She sometimes does this to like... Check on me or something, so I was convinced it was her. I called her name but she didn't answer. Then she dissappeared! The person who said dopplerganers kill you really scared me because there were times I got sick and almost died...
And also a while ago, I was in my room, and from my room you can see the hallway area. I saw a person who looked like my cousin walk through the hallway into my mom's room, where my room used to be. I think I called his name, but I'm not sure. Then ten minutes my real cousin walked up the stairs, and into my room! It was so creepy. I thought it was a hallucination!
sadalmondeyes (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-16)
hi...i used to live with my uncle back in a town house that was so popular with doppelgangers, located near sm fairview, in novaliches. I didn't experience seeing any but I always had "bangungots" almost every 2-3 am, and it was really bad. I'm glad I'm not staying there anymore, but was just curious were talking about the same place...thanks!
Thedarkchocolate (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-04)
Terrifying! Seeing your own doppelganger. I had a dream once of me smiling to myself while I felt myself NOT smiling at all. I was scared. I would die of fear if I saw my own doppelganger. That is all too creepy. 😨
mysteryseeker (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-01)
hi maharlika. I was looking for a story and I came across your post. I'm a program researcher for a tv show. I would just like to ask if we could feature your story? Kindly email me asap at: ana.rodrigo26 [at] gmail.com. Hoping for a positive response. Thanks.:)
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
A few weeks back I saw my boyfriends doppelganger. I was washing dishes and he came through the door and went straight to the bedroom. I dryed my hands and went to see him and ask why he didn't say Hi when he came home. Also he was several hours early from his job. When I got to the bedroom he wasn't there. I told him about it as soon as he got home, and he said he had been at work all evening. I haven't seen it since.
Strange too is that our dog went to meet him at the door and then followed him into the bedroom, just as he always does.
Torbalan (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I knew there was a reason mirrors bothered me...

That was some nerve, just ignoring it and going back to sleep

I've got a wardrobe next to my bed and one of the doors is mirror and I know I'd tear it out instantly if something like that happened
musicmaniac (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
i have a doppleganger. I remember the last incident happened just a week ago. We were going to enchanted. When I dressed up I felt something touch my left shoulder. I swept it of with my hand and then when I was about to look at the mirror I saw my doppleganger holding my left shoulder. She was standing just beside me!. The whole way there I could feel her hand on my shoulder! 😨 😢
YureiYuki (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
doppelgangers are actually quite interesting and I must say they are my favorite topic, though a newbie in this field. I did some reading before about this topic, some says it is a sign of death (as it is actually your spirit being ready to leave) but I don't think it is is the case, I think dopplegangers are more of a projection of unused energy.
I was also very interested when you talked about the doppleganger of your grinning brother from the mirror. I have always believed that mirrors reflect more than just light especially if the one using it is a 'sensitive' person. I thought that since the body has a lot of 'exit points' for energy the mirror reflected your brother's head as it was the most powerful exit point to be reflected and it was grinning 'cause of your brother's personality, you did mention he was in elementary am I right?
Denise1989 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
I don't want to intrude in your story. I am fairly new here after stumbling across this site, after doing some research. I have had similar experiences happen to my family and myself. When I was a little girl, my babysitter saw what she thought was my sister downstairs, when she went to check on my sister she was soundly sleeping. At the time I didn't believe her, until I had an experience of my own. When I was eleven years old we moved into an apartment. My parents would work on the weekends and my cousin Lizeth would come over and babysit us. One morning while we were eating breakfast I excused myself to go to the bathroom. As I was coming out I peeked into my Mother's bedroom, since the hallway bathroom was across from it. When you look into the bedroom you can see bathroom mirror. When I looked inside I saw my sister, her black hair flipped over, she was putting on my mother's hairspray. I didn't see her face but it looked like my sister. As I was walking back into the living room, I started telling my cousin how Karina was going to be in so much trouble. When I look up I see my sister sitting right next to my cousin. There was no way she could have made it from my Mother's bedroom to the dining room without passing me in the hall, since that was the only way to go. Just recently my father woke up at night and saw my sister standing in the bedroom door. At the time he saw her my sister was asleep, he also described what she was wearing which was completely different from what she had on.

I have read here that it could be an astral projection. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but my sister use to sleepwalk when she was little, could that have something to do with it?

Any answers and information would really help out.
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
Dopplegangers are a variety of things. Sometimes astral projections you are unaware you're making, whether you are asleep or awake. Other times, they're entities imitating you for fun or to be malicious. When there's a blank stare on their face, or they don't respond, it's usually you who've created it. When they interact, you could still be the cause, but probably more often, it's a separate intelligence. Last year, a popular actress/can't remember her name, bought an old farmhouse in Conneticut, and was playfully chased around the coffee table by her fiance, until her real fiance walked in! Sometimes a ghost, sometimes a demon, etc. Last to mention, when it's the type you've created... It may indicate a particular gift you have (astral travel, bi-location, etc.) Dopplegangers are totally fascinating!
Laurax (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
That is WEIRD. I heard that seeing your supposed "Doppleganger" was real bad luck?
😐 Good story:)
Laurax
MattM (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
How interesting to see your own doppelganger. I heard many things regarding them though. I heard one rumor that when you see your own doppelganger, it means you'll die shortly, but I think that is a load of BS. Co-worker told me that when you see your doppelganger, you're supposed to kill it because it might try to kill you or something to that effect. All I know is that if I ever saw my doppelganger, I kicked it straight in the privates and beat the crap out of it. Maybe tha's just me, though. Either way, I don't think a doppelganger will try to kill you unless you maybe provoke it. I don't know much about them, though.
cutie_pau0021 (2 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-01-18)
hi. Hmm,, I jus wondering... Kung saan located bahay ba nakinukwento mo? Hehe... Napaisip kasi ako bigla ehh... Nangyari din smen yan. Townhouse din sya. Yung school den namin is 10 minutes lang lakarin... Novaliches quezon city. Sa may fairview. Hehe...
chocnut (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Kinda weird and creepy! I already had an experience with doppelgangers. It was happened when I was about 13 or 14 years old. I was just sleeping in my room and I noticed my cousin kept awaking me for no reason at all. I ignored her because I don't want to wake up and then I continued my sleeping. When I woke up, the first thing I did is to search my cousin who's awaking me that early morning, I asked my grandma. And then she replied to me, "Your cousin is still sleeping. Why are you looking for her?"

Weird isn't it?
CutieTammy17 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Are doppelgangers ghosts? Cause I alresdy had an expeience... I was went to bed and woke up in the morning my mom asked me why I brushed my teeth in the middle of the night, and I told her I diddn't!It's kind of weird...
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Scary,does the doppelganger still live in that house?

Anidem:Sometimes doppelgangers like to follow their target (the person they choose to copy) until sunlight breaks at dusk.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: