You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Experiences In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Experiences In My House

 

My first memorable encounter with a ghost would be when I was about 9 or 10 years old. It was about 10pm and I was leaving my bedroom and on my way to my mother's room which was about 4 feet from mine. As I left the room, I looked down my hall to the left and saw something white standing there. It seemingly ran down the stairs... I was terrified so I ran into my mother's room, completely forgetting that my little cousin was with me. He too saw the ghost and had run back into my bedroom.

Since the ghost was only there for a few seconds, all I could make out was that it was a male... Probably a teenager or in his early 20's considering his height... He was wearing a sweater and had fairly tight slacks on. I've asked my parents about him since then and they say the previous owners had a son who was a "wana be thug" whose mom wasn't very nice. When I asked what the son looked like, they could never tell me. But ever since that day, I became more aware of a presence in the house.

Not too long afterwards, my cousin and I began to see things we had never seen in real life, only in movies. One night while lying in my mother's bed (she was at work), the chair sitting by her door began to violently rock. Since I was older, I tried to act calm and to make sure my cousin didn't begin to cry... But he got up and ran downstairs. I tried my best to ignore it and stay in the room.

A few minutes later, clothes in my mother's bathroom began to move... I thought to myself "maybe it's the air conditioning" because it was hanging in front of the vent... I guess to make it clear to me the clothes began to float in mid air. My eyes widened and before I knew it, I was downstairs curled up under my aunt. My cousin had already cried himself to sleep.

My aunt was on the phone and asked what I was afraid of... I couldn't tell her. So she figured it was just a scary TV show that bothered us.

She held that theory until one night while watching the house for my Mom, she was in the basement on the phone and she kept hearing noises as if someone were upstairs, walking around and closing doors. She would call, asking if it were my mother and the noises would stop and she'd get no response. So she continued to talk on the phone... But then she heard the footsteps again... So this time she went up to check. She says she went up the stairs and saw no one so she began to head back downstairs to the basement until she heard the creaking, only louder this time. It scared her badly so when my mother came home, she found her sitting in the car with the light on.

My father told me about a time he was waxing his car and saw the reflection of a blue orb behind him. He couldn't move or say anything but he watched the orb in the reflection of his car and says when it floated away he was able to move again.

My brother has said while sitting in his car in the front yard (where my father saw the orb), he felt as if something were breathing down his neck, he could even hear it.

The basement seems to be where the most activity exists... The feeling in the basement has been creeping people out since I was a child. Even first time visitors who know nothing of our experiences feel a mood change down there. One day while playing Nintendo 64, there was a plate sitting directly in the middle of a table that randomly fell and broke. My brother came down the stairs and yelled at us for not being careful, although, we were pretty much glued to the gaming system.

I can recall a time where I was leaving the basement and heard a voice that sounded like my brother's call me in a manner that he would. "Hey Kate" it said and I paused and realized that my brother had been moved out for years (he used to live in the basement). I ran upstairs and told my mom who said she was in her bathroom one day when she also heard my brother's voice call her in a manner he normally would. But like I said my brother has been out of the house for years.

Another incident would be that after my cousin and I realized we could feel a presence in the basement, we decided that we would stay down there alone one night. It went by pretty uneventful so we went to sleep around 1 am. When we woke up, my cousin complained about his stomach physically hurting. So he lifts his shirt and we see that he has cuts on his stomach. They were red and looked like something had been scratching him all night. We showed our family and they said "it's just imprints of the sheets". Trust me, imprints from sheets do not leave red marks and break the skin and my cousin who has the bad habit of biting his nails down to his nubs, could not have done it himself.

Other things that have happened since seeing the ghost in the hallway would include sleeping in my mother's room and through the vent, hearing what sounded like someone was pounding and trying to break the concrete in the basement. I would go to the stairs and not hear it... I even woke my mother one night and asked if she heard it and she listened for awhile and said no. My grandmother also spoke of hearing sounds like someone laying carpet on the stairs & hammering also. But I didn't hear it and no one else did. She has even said a few times while walking down the hallway, it would feel as if someone was rudely moving passed her and pressed her against the wall.

My parents said that as a child, I would play with this "person" and talk to them until one day I angrily said "LEAVE ME ALONE" and after that, I no longer talked aloud to seemingly nothing. While my folks have had strange things happen, I seem to be the main target in the house. I'll write about other experiences later.

Other hauntings by kjh159

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kjh159, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
I think that mabye you need to take some serious action! This is the last of your stories that I have read and I have come to the conclusion that you need to do something about it. I believe that this is something demonic in your basement. Most basements are haunted but the thing in yours is very strong! I wouldn't usually suggest smudging or blessing your home or things that force ghosts out of a home but I think you need to! Again a fascinating story so thanks for sharing!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
well trhat sure sonds like a scary place to live in. I undertsand that thye activity in your house has been going on for some time now. I believe doing a smudge ceremony will do the trick. Thanks again for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear rom you soon and take care
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
I'm in Pittsburgh for college and somethings have happened, I wrote about some of it in "Come With Me"... But it seems as though there is more than one at the house now...

& no, I don't use religious symbols for I am not very religious. I'm not much a believer though I did begin to question it after hearing someone whisper in my ears accompanied by many other strange things that day...
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-01)
Amazing Story. I wonder if this spirit was trapped in the house, because it was a past resident. Did you need to use any religious symbols for protection, and more importantly did it work. I hope this is not occuring now in your life.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: