You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: They Bother Me A Lot

Real Ghost Stories

They Bother Me A Lot

 

When I was about 14, I changed bedrooms and now occupy the room that my grandmother used to stay in before my parents divorced and she moved out with my dad. She never spoke of anything strange back then (we weren't quite friendly). But I often wake up paralyzed and seeing ghostly figures at the end of my bed.

I have felt for quite some time now, that there was a presence in the house. But as of late, I feel different energy... Like there is now more than one. And lately, they've been bothering me and only me. One morning, I was awoken by feeling something pulling my arm and pulling me off the bed, I felt like it was a child or a small being... It even made some weird noise in my ear. When I tried to move my body or call my mother, I could not. But I was soon out of this... Trance (?) and was able to get up and out.

Another time I was lying in bed and felt something pull my sheets a few times. I was of course, alone but I tried my best to ignore it and not feed it my fear. Most recently, my mother and I were enjoying a football game on TV in the basement, I had for some reason gone up stairs to find something, can't quite remember what. But I remember sitting on my bed looking at my phone when I heard what sounded like someone opening my mother's mirror door that was on her dresser.

It had wind chimes on it that have NEVER made a sound, even if the fan was pointing in its direction. I called out to ask if my mother had come up but I soon heard her celebrating a touchdown in the basement. So as I got up to walk back downstairs, I heard what sounded like footsteps in my mother's room. I chose to ignore it and return to the game.

I asked my mom if she came up (even though I knew she didn't) and she only confirmed what I had thought, she was downstairs the whole time. I shrugged it off and went about my night.

My mother says she hears things all the time and my father heard noises when he was there. But neither of them knew why I am their choice when it comes to harassing and freaking out.

I'm not quite sure if they want to scare me like they have been doing for I have only asked a question aloud once after being contacted by one. I believe it made a noise in my room so I asked "what do you want" and heard no response so I went on about my business.

There was another time when I was sitting at my desk using my computer and I felt extremely cold air drift into my room and settled on my right arm (closest to the door). It was a hot summer day and the A/C was broken so I know it wasn't the air and my window was down (the screen has holes it in and I don't want bugs getting in). My fan was off because it was covered in dust that I didn't want circulating through my room. But I felt it was there so I looked over my shoulder to see nothing. For about 10 minutes it stood there, as if it were checking out the internet with me. I just sort of chuckled to myself and eventually I felt the cold air exit my room. I shook my head and as usual, went about my business.

I still feel a strong presence in the hallway (where I mentioned I saw a ghost when I was younger). It's sometimes so overbearing that I find myself running to my bedroom. Other nights, it's a light presence and sometimes its not there at all. There was about three (random) months that I didn't feel it there. But what was funny was that when I went off to college I started to feel a presence again.

This time in my best friend's apartment (where I spent a lot of time) things began to happen like radios coming on at random times and playing music. A roommate's poster would randomly fall and sometimes the TV's volume would change. We even began to hear voices that weren't the voices of the characters on the TV talking low but over the original audio.

I would go home on breaks and not feel anything... It wasn't until a month after I returned home for an unexpected stay that I felt its presence again. I don't know what they want but I've considered taking a voice recorder home the next time I go just to see what I'll find. I hope to find out what they want but then again, I'd rather not hear something to freak me out while I have to live there.

So why do they bother me so much?

Other hauntings by kjh159

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kjh159, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
Well I think that the shadowy figures while you were 'paralysed' was sleep paralysis but you probably are a little bit like me. What people call a 'medium'. I wouldn't call it that though. You seem to have a lot more ghosts around you though because for me I only see them sometimes. I think that that's mostly because there aren't a lot of spirits around us and where I go because I check that there aren't any ghosts where I'm going. Thanks for sharing!
heyxay (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
[at] Winkey, this is my new account, but I have just lately begun to open my eyes up. I've realized that I cannot stop them from noticing me and affecting me, so its best I become comfortable with this ability and to not allow them to scare or startle me.

Since I have begun to relax and be more willing to see/hear what I know is them, I've been able to perceive them much better now. I see them more clearly, can see the images they relay or pick up on their feelings.
Winkey (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-28)
Hi I think you need to open your eyes here you have a gift and it looks like your mom has it to although she has learned to block it out your gift is much stronger and it seems you can communicate with them weather you realize it or not they are drawn to you because of your gift, its most likely you are a medium but need training to know how to shut them out and how to talk to them when you want to and when your ready, you need to find a spritulist church who can help you they will find someone who can help you to either in brace your gift and learn to use it or help you to lock the spirits out, you can hear them with out a recorder you just need to be shown how to hear them, I hope you find the help you need and get the answers you need, as for you having a ghost at collage that could be one of your ghosts looking out for you and them moving your friends things about that could be your ghosts way of telling that your friends may not be so nice and it don't like her, so it was trying to tell you to be careful so be care full and don't be scared but be firm if they bother you but always be kind to them take care
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Hi and thank you fro sharring this story with us. I realy enjoyed reading it. I have a feeling that this is poltergeist activity. Blessing the place or doing a smudge ceremony. Thanks again fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
BedsnHerts (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Of course. Be polite, but try to be reassured knowing that you can be firm if you want to be. Do any of these things follow you to places other than where you live? If so it could be that something you own is acting as a conduit. Try going somewhere for the weekend and leaving EVERYTHING of yours behind - clothes, jewellery, purse, the lot.
Borrow other people's stuff just for a couple of days or buy some new things. See if the manifestations stop. If they do then it's a case of trial and error to figure out what the conduit is - and then get rid of it.
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
what you're saying sounds a bit too aggressive and like it would simply stir up more trouble. But I figured that was the reason they were coming to me, because they can catch my attention. My mother use to be sensitive, guess it faded over time...

But the next time I'm there or sense them, I will speak up... Maybe even record it and see what I find. Possibly nothing... Maybe a lot... We'll see.

Thnx though
BedsnHerts (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Kaitlynn, I have just read some of your other posts and I think it's time for you to take charge as these spirits seem to be taking the piss (as we say here in the UK) 😁. Firstly, try not to be afraid - easier said than done but comfort yourself that all of this has a "scientific" explanation. I don't mean that it's the wind or streetlights playing tricks, but we get freaked out by this stuff in the same way that someone in the 1600s would be freaked out by a radio or a TV. Just because it's beyond our understanding doesn't mean it's not science. So now you're a scientist rather than a victim it's time to experiment to find out what works. Even if you can't rid yourself of them completely you can make them play by YOUR rules. Again - YOU ARE THE BOSS 😁
BedsnHerts (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I'm also slightly "sensitive" and tried to hone these skills after some well meaning person suggested it. Although it worked (to a degree) to be honest it started to become a total pain in the ass. No upside to it and a whole lot of downsides. I wouldn't advise it as it will certainly make your situation worse. If your visitors won't leave of their own accord you can take some simple steps to make your point as to who is in charge. The one with quick results is to MAKE A LOT OF NOISE - play loud rock music, bang a drum, shout at them, whatever. Don't be intimidated. You are the boss.
BedsnHerts (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
They bother you because they know you can sense them. They are trying to reach out to you because you are one of the few people who can "hear" them. From what you have written it doesn't sound to me like they are being malicious, just that you don't have the time or inclination to communicate - which is fine. You need to tell them who is boss, and I mean talk loudly to thin air whenever you next feel them around. Explain that they are scaring you and ask them nicely to stop and not bother you any more. I'm guessing that just doing that will cause these manifestations to drop off to almost nothing. If they don't or they pick up again later then be firm - This is YOUR house and THEY are not allowed to come when you are around. Try it.
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
I thank you for your advice but I'm pretty much agnostic.

I feel like 'using' those sayings at this point would pretty much be using and abusing such a 'power'.

& I don't think I want to hone my 'power' or sensibility. I'd prefer for it to go away, its bothersome. I don't want to communicate nor be bothered by them... But I have not one idea as how to go about it. Folks say they lose sensitivity over time but mine seems to be gaining strength
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Something that has worked really well for me?...I pray (Prayer is to gather your thoughts, to ask for the right words be given you, and for the strength and power that comes through prayer) for around five minutes, and then I say out loud (IN THE AREAS, where I am being bothered by poltergeist activity), "You have not been invited into this space, and you are to leave me alone,... In the name and power of Jesus Christ, You are never to return..." I have used other variations of this DEMAND, but using the term " Jesus Christ" causes it to work the best, the quickest, and for the longest amount of time. Things turning off and on, static... I am suspecting that you are a sensitive, and aren't aware of your strengths. If this is happening in places you visit, your energy must be very strong. When I get upset or highstrung, things go haywire in my house. I turn tvs off and on, the stereo and lights, etc... But I have known about my gifts since I was under 4 years old. Knowledge is power, start checking into ways to confirm your suspicions. The ethereal will continue to bother you because of your gifts. Learn about them...Blessings, Ghostseer
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Well, it sounds you have some pretty active poltergeists! Those spirits are tricky and can get pretty annoying sometimes, I must admit. Don't worry, they won't hurt you. Or I hope. Meaning, they could also be demons pretending. Well, I suggest do what you're planning on doing, and take an EVP. Just asking some questions wait for a minute or 2, then ask another, wait for a minute or two, then move to another part of the room or house. When moveing, either do so slowly as to not get much wind through the mic as possible, or pause the recording when doing so. Or if you have a audiable type of program like audicity, go ahead and just remove the background noise that is not needed. Good luck, and great wishes to you my friend!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: