You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Possible Possession

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Possession

 

In the morning before school, I would sit straight up and mechanically climb out of bed. I would then walk into my mothers room all the while thinking to myself "Why am I doing this?" I felt like I wasn't controlling my actions and I couldn't gain control. After going into my mom's room, I'd go into the bathroom and wash my hands... I'd look in the mirror for a second and still, mechanically, walk back into the bedroom and sit on the edge of the bed, in the center. Still thinking to myself, "why am I doing this?" I felt so blank at the time and looked like it when I'd look into the mirror.

But I'd sit there for about a minute and stare straight ahead, not moving, not doing anything but trying to get out of this trance. Usually, the hold would be released and I'd do what I originally planned to do.

Though, one of the times this happened, I could remember waking up staring at the ceiling after the whole process. My arms were spread out and my legs were hanging off the end of the bed. I sat up completely lost and confused, only being able to remember randomly washing my hands in my mother's bathroom.

Could this be a symptom of sleep walking? Though, I thought sleep walking consisted of not being aware of ones actions. But during my spells, I would be aware of what was going on but not able to control myself.

I honestly felt like someone had taken over my body. Any explanations?

Other hauntings by kjh159

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kjh159, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

heyxay (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
[at] Kimberly_Anne (new name since last account email is closed) I have considered the possibility. But I've had panic attacks and I know what they feel like. I know what it feels like to be "removed" from reality, to even wake up and do things with a groggy mind.

But THAT feeling on those days were something entirely different. I didn't experience any distortion or distance while in that state. I felt like I was all there (mentally) but I wasn't in control (physically).
Kimberly_Anne (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-02)
I'm suprised no one mentioned mental illness. I used
To suffer from panic attacks, & the feeling of unreality
You've experienced sounds just like what happened to
Me.
*kimberly*
coolboy505 (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
hey your just lucky you don't have a possesd ventriloquist doll cause I do I keep it locked up so it can't cause any trouble it's not evil it just gets in to trouble when it gets out of it's case or out of the cubboard it's that strong I have to lock it 😆
kitty (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-27)
well that is really wiered I have never heard of anything like that before! But most likely a spirit was feeding off your energy for some reason 😲
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Your Mother may be "the one who had more occurrences", but that does not discount the fact that most of your family seems to have their own stories to tell. Just because you may not have the same NUMBER of experiences, does NOT make them any less.
I also know that you were wide awake. The "dream" that I was asking about is more of a journey. If this had happened to you, you would have no question, you would know exactly what I was referring to.
As for the rest of my comment, from the "carry over" on, is THAT what you experienced, or is it a totally different thing?
Thank you.
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Have a point, but my Mother is the one who had more occurrences and people would even come to her before they "left".

This event happened about a year or two ago in my home, so I don't exactly remember having a dream. But I do know that I was wide awake. For after coming out of this... Odd state I was finally able to get up and go on about my day. It was only once that I woke up AFTER walking into my moms bathroom and washing my hands, seemingly, not to my command.

& if my dream was interesting enough, I can usually remember it right away or something through out the day will remind me of it.

But thank you. I was just wondering what could've happened.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Most people seem to think that this type of ability (to see and communicate with ghosts) MAY be hereditary. In that your Mother seemed to have been a strong seer, I would think that would be a good indication that you, as well, would have the gift.
But she is not the only one in your family who could "see". Your Father did, your brother did, and so did a few other members of your bloodline. It is my opinion that this is something "chipped off" of your gift.

This is not a possession. A possession would make you a different person than what you are. This is a case of waking projection.
As this account tells of your day immediately after waking, may I ask if you recall having a dream while sleeping? It is not a necessity, it is just probable. But then, a lot of people can not recall their dreams, as THIS type of ocurrance wipes out all thought of the dream.
It is like a "carry over".
Most generally there is a tired feeling, a "detached" feeling, a feeling of surrealness. Like you are STILL dreaming. Only WATCHING it through "blinders" (for the record, when you look out of your own eyes and see the world, THAT is what "watching through blinders" means). There may be the feeling of moving through water, as if you are walking in waist deep water, and fighting it all the way.
For some, it takes mere seconds to "snap out of it", others can take all the way up to DAYS after the experience.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
kjh, hi and thanks for sharing your experience. I was a little shaken while reading your description of the events as I seem to have experienced something of that sort myself only it wasn't as intense or elaborate as yours.

On a couple of occasions in the past, I had found myself out of bed at night-time doing things like getting dressed or walking towards a specific direction. I was partially aware of what I was doing but unable to respond. It was more of a "seeing myself from a distance" kind of experience-everything moved slower and the mental recollection of my surroundings was a bit distorted, like my room, my bed, the stairs,etc.

I've been reading about sleep walking since then trying to undestand what had happened to me. What I've learnt so far is that sleep walking occurs during "delta sleep" or "slow wave sleep". Sleep walkers will often wake up to find themselves in the midst of their "acting-out" their dream. They do not normally remember sleep walking although according to "The Study and Review of Hypnosis as Treatment of Adults with Sleepwalking and Sleep Terror", there have been some cases where it seemed that the person's unconscious mind was aware but unable to control their actions.
kjh159 (6 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
yea... I don't exactly know how to explain those events... They've bothered me ever since its happened.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
You would think washing your hands alone would have been enough to wake you up. I see what you mean about the difference between sleep walking and this type of episode. I have no idea if possession or shall I say a "walk in" which is a spirit trying to take over someone's body and mind with their own personality and thought energy while still retaining memory of the person whom they are trying to take over. This of course is speculative but there have been documented cases of this kind of phenomenon. I don't know if your episode is like that but it sounds like it could be.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: