You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A California Dead Zone Triangle Of Trouble

Real Ghost Stories

A California Dead Zone Triangle Of Trouble

 

It's really amazing how you can pick a place to live, and it turns out to be a bad idea. When we bought our land in Hawaii, we decided to keep our residence in California. The best option for us was to rent it out.

The only problem with renting out your house? When you want to go back to visit family and friends, someone else has taken over your home, and you have no place to stay.

This is when my Mother-in-law stepped in. She offered us an empty condo to use. We were thrilled to have a place to go, and I really didn't miss our old house. Anyway, the rental income was helping us to pay our mortgage in Hawaii.

The condo we were offered was in a strange area. Have you ever driven into an area, and as soon as you get to a certain point-you say, " Whoa... I feel kind of weird ". Well... This is where it all began. With a feeling like the ground was about to fall out from underneath. I'm not exaggerating! You could hear the rumble of the Trolley, and the trains would blow their whistles come sun down. It was a cacophony of ruckus gone wild!

The condo is a cute little place, three bedrooms about the size of a large closet, and a kitchen that feels more like a galley on a small boat. It was built in the 1950's, so it wasn't in the greatest of shape, and it smelled funny. Kind of like fermenting, rotting fruit. I guess I wasn't too thrilled to move in, but it was free, and you couldn't beat that.

Two highways surround the neighborhood, and it is under the flight path. Every few minutes, a plane flies over, and the hum of freeway noise...well...that never stops. I was worried. Worried that the stimulation would be a bit too much for me to handle, and I tried to tune out some of the visitations. I'll tell ya, it wasn't easy.

Day in, and day out, I was inundated with nighttime visitors. Not of the physical world, but the spiritual. First night I was there, I had the Ghost of an elderly lady, dressed in nothing but a dirty night gown-staring down at me. I told her to go away, and turned over. You see, I have these gifts of being able to ascertain the otherworldly and their antics and this condo appeared to be crawling with the supernatural. Only it wasn't just the condo. It appeared this whole neighborhood was haunted. I tried taking walks around the block, but the dead... They were everywhere! Lots of overdoses, lots of alcohol poisonings. I remember thinking; " this area is over run by the deceased! ".

I was accosted in the shower by a deceased Granny, who happened to wander by with a chipped coffee cup in her hand. Her scruffy slippers seemed to grip her attention, and she kept reaching down to pet and smooth the fuzzy material. She glared at me with an intensity of confusion. I kept bathing, and stared back at her. I didn't know what else to do, so I continued standing there, soaking wet under the flowing shower head, and naked as a newborn bird. She bent down, once last time to pet her slippers, and off she went, fading away with each step.

This was a daily occurrence, and I was getting really drained. Then my husband told me the condo community was filled with elderly residents, and it was an area, homeless transients felt safe. Lucky me.

Transients, the homeless, Planes flying directly overhead, The trolley, and the trains going by. It was no wonder I was feeling so odd. This Triangle area? Kind of like the Bermuda Triangle, only worse! I was drowning in a tidal wave of supernatural activity.

I have been attacked by entities still clinging to the mental illness they suffered in life. One wild-eyed woman followed me around the condo, and hauled off and hit me in the face! It was very faint, not a full hit. Luckily, she lost interest in me after that, when another entity was wandering through the middle of the living room. This next Ghost appeared to be a middle-aged lady, well dressed, but non-speaking. She acted like she was supposed to be there, and she sat down on the edge of the leather couch. Our TV was showing a soap, and she sat down to watch a bit. She smoothed her skirt with a well-manicured hand, and faded out of sight.

I have been bit on my behind by a lecherous old man, deceased, of course... Scratched down both arms, slapped, pushed and pinched. Funny thing is, I am not afraid of these traveling Ghosts. I just limit my time in the condo when I go back for a visit. It's hard to relax in an environment like that, but I'm not there that much, so I can handle it.

In conclusion, no matter where you go, there will always be dead zones like this. As a " Sensitive ", I kind of got thrown into the fire, but I will survive... Scars and all.

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
:) must be irritating to never have peace long... Course I never have peace to a certain degree... Always having the feeling of being watched but not seeing the thing watching you is very annoying... Oh well:) very good retelling as always:)

~Tora~
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
rhodes68: I believe the Spirit, Soul, Ghost... Are at different levels in the ethereal plane. Not quite sure how it works, but as we have gifts in life, they (Spirits) have strengths within the ethereal. They draw on our living force, our energy, our light. This in turn is used to touch, scratch or hit, or throw things. Essentially, we are being used. Hugging an entity difficult?,explanation: Only in my dreams did I get to hug my deceased Grandmother. But-a dream is just a dream, I don't believe I actually get to hug, to fly, to do other things my mind has transpired to show me. I have felt physical love surround my whole body, but that's as close to a hug as it ever got. I do believe we get messages in our sleep, from those who have crossed, but that's as far as my experiences have showm me. The Granny w the chipped coffee cup, I have seen others like her. I don't believe these are actual items from their life, but a type of memory they cling to. How they materialize these items, I think they are not real, but an image they send us, a comfort image?, something they remember from their life as a living being?. Again, I do not claim to have all the answers, but I do try to figure it out. I have met a few people, who carry around chipped coffee cups, an empty beer can
(haven't written bout this ol' boy yet), and a plastic bottle cap. Thanks for writing. I appreciate your questions and your comments. I'm always trying to figure out why I was chosen for this specific type of gift. Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Ghostseer, thanks for sharing one of your many encounters with us. I was quite impressed by your detailed description of the various energies-spirits manifesting before your eyes-it sounds like you're a beacon to the Lost Ones.

I was particularly drawn to your description of the elderly lady the "Granny" with the chipped coffee cup. Something about her seems to attract my attention but I don't know what it is as of yet.

I've been meaning to ask you something:you've said in another post that "hugging" or touching the ethereal boby is very difficult-I don't know if what you meant was it's almost impossible but then how could one explain the ethereal body touching the physical and leaving scratches on it? What I mean to say is that if a spirit can accumulate that much energy in order to "interfere" with the physical world how is it that the physical world cannot do the same?

We've all heard of cases where an aggravated spirit would knock off or even throw house-hold objects around the house. What is the energy generated at that moment called? Doesn't something touch the object to lift it up in the air and throw it to the other side of the room? At least if the physical body cannot perceive the sensation of touch in the same way as the ethereal, it should perceive it as "resistance" of some sort or an electrical current...

I have, at some point, interacted with a nice but pretty curious misty Lady who visited me while I was sleeping. I was stunned to wake up and find her an inch away from my face. My reaction? I pushed the sheet away to feel this strange kind of "resistance" It wasn't like touching a physical body as much as feeling the energy so intense that it was almost solidified.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Surya: When I get hit, I feel it, but it doesn't have much impact due to the Power of Protection Prayer. I start my day, and never miss one day, without saying a Prayer of Protection. It helps with the physical attacks.

Annio11:Sometimes I am not so calm, but there really isn't a choice for me. It is who and what I am. How does one stop breathing?. It's a vital appendage that can never be removed. Blessings for writing, Ghostseer
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
I have been punched and slapped by I still refer to it as a ghost, Very painful especially the slap right stinger, left a mark on my face. I never went back to that place.
Annio11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Wow, I don't know how you could stay calm in a situation like that. I guess you have a good sense of mental balance because I would go crazy and run out of the house screaming if anything appeared in the shower with me.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I try to stay out of hospitals, but there were times, I was admitted in one or two
(Illness, surgery). I will write and publish what happened to me.
My mother in laws condo?...Yes, it is a hotbed of things, but what choice do I have?...Luckily, I don't have to go back until May 09'. Every visit is interesting...Blessings, Ghostseer
tmari76 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Hmmm...kind of hard to slap a ghost for biting your rear, huh? 😆 Wow, I bet that was quite a disturbing place to stay.
Be careful when you go to hospitals, too. They are a hotbed of activity when you are sensitive! (I'm currently working at a hospital and my senses are haywire as soon as I come in the door. Thank goodness I'm only here for a few days and then I'm back at my regular office.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: