You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Strange Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Voice

 

I had a strange case of sleep paralysis today. I know what the symptoms are and I know when it is happening to me but something was very different about today's experience. I was lying down on my stomach in my bed and I felt my body being filled with a buzzing static. Since I couldn't move I was just laying still waiting to see if I could wake up eventually. Behind me, I could just barely see a very bright light in the window but I couldn't turn around to look at it. I thought that maybe it was there to help me but then it dimmed.

At that point, I felt a vibration in my head and a feeling of fear. I remember asking God to have mercy (I am not a religious person) but to no avail. At this point, the static sensation is very intense but then I hear a child's voice say a word. I heard it again but I don't know what he or she said. Then I feel like something it cutting into the back of my head, although it does not hurt. I hear something that sounds like a saw and I feel the buzzing in the back of my head. Then, out of the static a voice tells me " you're going to die Annie".

I have had sleep paralysis many times before but usually I do not see or hear anything, which is why I have learned not to be scared, even if I feel a presence. This is the first time I have heard anything talk to me and it knows my name nonetheless. I feel like something telling me that I am going to die is very threatening. This is different than a dream, this is a state of mind that is awake while the body is asleep, leaving oneself vulnerable to often terrifying visions and sensations.

If anyone has had sleep paralysis maybe you can help me understand this.

Other hauntings by Annio11

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Annio11, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kenaz (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Hi, Annie!

I don't know what exactly means, but I think that voice wanted to alarm you that may be you have to check your health (may be something with your head) and if you don't do it, it will cause a death. I don't know for sure. Or may be that spirit has gave you some kind of aptitude - think about it.
Btw, yesterday I heard a voice too. I was lying on my bed, turned off the TV and I was thinking about how I want to dream about 3 things that I wanted to know - more details, 'cuz sometimes I dream about the future and sometimes there are some strange things happen to me - everything has a reason and order. One of these 3 things was a hand print of a little child on my knee when I was on the beach last summer (2008) without a reason - some spirit of a child - I was sunburnt and that hand print was left white. However! So, I was absolutly awake and unexpectly I heard a voice so near (next) to my left ear exactly of a man who was speaking in some strange unknown language, whispering. It was strange, causing a little fear (not so much like usually I have), etc. I couldn't understand anything!
I'm also looking for some kind of answer too... About this voice even that I know I will never understand what he said. It was for 1st time in my life. I don't think that I have to be afraid from this voice, may be also you. May be They just wanted to help us, sharing someting with us. Or may be something else.
I also wanted to tell you that I saw 2 times (for 10 years in my life) a white light in the dark in the appartment where we live and the fisrt time I saw a white shadow of a high slim man, but he was white, without a face, etc, who was standing and looking at me for 1 minute... And when I felt that my heart can't take anymore because of fear, he has disappeared. I think he was like an angel or may be the spirit of my mother's dead brother - he has the same shadow like him. I don't know.
So, here is the reason why I'm here in thi site. I saw your story and... I just... Wanted to share with you all that I wrote.
Salute!
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-01)
i don't know anything about Sleep paralysis but I have read lots of these comments and I think I am starting to get an idea thanks,

Princess123 x ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
You know, three people could have lived through the same exact experience, and three lessons could be learned from the one occurrence. PERHAPS you were meant to sit up and take notice on how you were living your life, and maybe it was just a reminder that this is not all eternal. What matters is what YOU truly take out of the lesson.
IF this has caused you to rethink a few paths that you have taken, LET it help you become a better person. IF this has helped you think beyond what you think you know about they grey areas of life, LET it help you keep looking and researching.
I do not know all that much about extraterrestrials. To tell you the truth, I am too busy trying to figure out humans, to really spend much time in the study of them. I am not sure where that thought process comes from (as in your suggestion from a friend) but if you think THAT is a possibility, by all means, check into it. Science only knows so much. People have only been revealed so much. Sometimes you HAVE to take it a step further.
Thank you.
Annio11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
whitebuffalo, I attributed this experience to sleep paralysis but it was in fact very different from what usually happens to me when I have sleep paralysis. It's almost against the rules for anything to speak to me or call me by name in that state, normally, I do not see anything. This dream has been bothering me for awhile now but other people said that it sounds like extra terrestrial life which is not what I had first thought but I could see where they are getting that. The child's voice seemed different from the static voice which told me I was going to die. I just have a hard time understanding the point of this because it has truly shaken me up. Yes, I know I am going to die someday, but perhaps I had to be scared into living a more purposeful life?
doshiro (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
actually, I experienced that too but just twice, and I don't want that happened again. My roomates told me that maybe I'm just too tired. I'm sure something was wrong. What can advice you?hmm...more prayrs before going to sleep (too religious but it helps).
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
OK, you know, I have not experienced sleep paralysis that I can recall, and I see that your comment was directed to those who HAD, but...
Have you thought that this may NOT have been a case of sleep paralysis?
The buzzing that you described sounds remarkably like what is caused by the materialization of some entities who are FORCING a visit. There are MANY recorded instances when right before a sighting, it is recorded as a buzzing, "electrical" noise. The static that you felt, sounds remarkably like the times when I become in full communication with a being.
The description of the cutting into your head is on track with that as well. It is an attention grabber. It almost feels like a headache SHOULD be on the way, but it does not come. I do not know if that made sense to you or not, but I always assume that I am about to get a migraine.
I feel that this is because the ghost KNOWS that the mind is where we go for solace. We daydream to get away, to go places, to think things through, to RATIONALIZE. If the being (in this case a very young boy) really WANTS you attention, they WILL "tap" into your mind.
The words used were also in trying to grab your attention. You are going to die. So what?! We all will sometime, but for A CHILD, especially one so young, that is USUALLY a very scary thought.
I believe you had a communication, and not an episode of sleep paralysis. The conditions are much the same as what I have gone through. It is frightening and confusing. It is NOT something you can just "get used to" and go about your day.
Those are just MY thoughts. Someone else may have something that you can "take to the bank".
Thank you.
Tre (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Maybe its the same voice I heard did the child's voice sound alittle innocent in a way?

I think it was warning you how you may be in danger maybe a something to do with your head? Not to be judgmental, I could be wrong, but if you had a fearful feeling that means it was trying to do harm to you. Since no harm happened maybe it wasn't physically but mentally, trying to get in your head to make you choose wrong decisions.

If it feels fearful try to block what its saying out so it won't cloud your mind. Because it may be trying to lead you the wrong way into dangerous situations.
sumner_fan (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
I find that most of the time when I have an episode with sleep paralysis everything is just black and I can't move. But I have experienced a couple times when my name is screamed, or I am screamed at by something. I also find that most of the time my episode will occur either when I'm overly stressed out by what's going on in my life or feeling really down on myself for whatever reason. Most of the time though I feel that whatever unkind thing that is screamed at me is usually similar to a thought that I've already had, not to say you're having suicidal thoughts, but I think it's very similar to the way your dreams tend to become a mish mash of things that happened to you during the day. So you may have been thinking about someone who died, or watched a tv show on death, along with halloween and Saw V coming out and your brain took all of this info and turned it into you're own little horror episode. I hope this helps.
hbdave (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
It sounds more like an abduction experience than anything (the inability to move, the buzzing in your head, the light outside, etc.) to me. Just something to look into.
Demonbinder (66 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
You can rebuke these terrorizing spirits in the name of Jesus when you encounter such things again. Tell them they have no authority over you as you plead the Blood of Jesus over yourself.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
you say you never experianced anything like this before, could it be that you were very scared and that voice we all try to ignore was telling you what you were feeling. Fear does strange things to our mind as it is our biggest enemy as well. Was this a one of experiance or have you had more.
Annio11 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
I feel like in a way, the voice is not wrong in telling me that I am going to die, I know that I will someday. I just wish I didn't have to hear it when I feel incredibly vulnerable. 😢
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
This may be a case of a precognitive warning and the way your body responded to it was similar to sleep paralysis.

The tingleing sensation, the childs voice (not understood) and then the 'targeting' of a specific part of the body could be someone/something (good) trying to warn you about an illness, if not yourself, then maybe a loved one. (A child purhaps).

I'm not posting these things to scare you, but a physical exam may not be a bad thing... Also check with family members, see if anyone has recently started feeling ill or maybe in an accident of some type where no physical injuries were witnessed. If not a family member then a close friend/lover or even yourself.

I may be off base, I pray that I am. But please look into these posibities and keep us informed.

Respectfully,

Rook
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Sleep paralysis is a frightening phenomena. It helps if you say a prayer before going to sleep. Say a prayer of protection (whether you are a religious person or not... By the way, this has nothing to do with religion). I you believe in God, believe in Jesus Christ... This helps, but if you are a sensitive, and you are being told you are going to die, rest assured, this is a fear tactic. Take back your power by not giving in to fear. If it continues, I would find a group to do a cleansing of your home. Let me know how you are doing...Blessings, Ghostseer
Leanne (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Hi Annie.

It's great you can recognize when you are in the sleep paralysis stage because they do seem paranormal (keep in mind some can be paranormal) and often the escape goat for this sleep phenomena.

You mentioned this is the first time you've experienced a voice talking to you even calling you by name; the warning might be valid and if it were me I would take precautions to keep myself safe. But what the danger might be is unknown and I can see why you would be concern.

However; I due suffer with sleep paralysis myself and I have experienced voices talking to me, touching me, movement around me, smells and others.

I may not be of help but my thoughts are with you and I hope everything will be OK.

Take care ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: