You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: I Believe I Can Fly

Real Ghost Stories

I Believe I Can Fly

 

This story is very touching and when I tell it, most people cry, so be prepared. A long time ago my Aunt Prisilla believed she could fly, she was only 7 mind you and she had watched Peter Pan way to many times. Her mother was very depressed and my Aunt had already broken her arm twice in the last week.

Her mother also had cancer and back then (this story is over 100 years old) they didn't have a treatment so she just ended up dying. The family was very sad and no one could understand why God had taken such a nice caring mother.

A couple of months had passed and Prisilla's belief of flying was getting stronger she had now fractured her skull a few times. One night when Prisilla was in bed (she lived with her aunt now) she heard footsteps and kept seeing faces in the window.

That night she heard someone come into her bedroom she thought it was her aunt checking on her so she just went back to sleep. She had a dream that her mum had taken her up to the heavens and shown her how to fly. She showed her that she didn't have to fly by herself, she could fly with her (the mum).

Then when she woke up, her mum was standing next to her ghostly blue and said "see you do not need to fly by yourself, fly with me up to the heavens". What she was trying to say is "will you come into the light with me". Prisilla shook her head and said she wanted to live life for more time.

Apparently Her mother then burst into ashes and screamed and no one ever saw her again. I know. STRANGE

Please comment and share your opinion. Cheers for listening.

Other hauntings by LyssaLuva

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LyssaLuva, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
Also, the story was ok. I guess I have to be there to get frightened, but it's hard for me to do so now a days.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-05)
well, peter pan has nothing to do with Disney, first off. Disney love to take fairy tales and butcher them to make it kid friendly. You think Snow White was a perfect family friendly fairy tale, think again. Alice and Wonderland same shiat. What I'm trying to say that who cares it it's 100 years old or 50 years old. People out there are not good keeping track of years like I am.
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
ok this bit really freaked me out: burst into ashes and screamed and no one ever saw her again. It is a great and yes ghostseer exactly it does scare everyone ha ha!

Princess123 x ❤
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
can't you people read her clearing up comment and I got to agree with few people here you did left out some details did anyone else see the mother...
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Wasn't "Peter Pan" a book before the movie? If so couldn't that be the case?
seam126scout (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
was Peter Pan even made back a hundred years ago I don't think so, so how is this possible 😕
COBzeppelin99 (2 stories) (32 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
umm. Watched peter pan 100 years ago? That ghost of her mom sounded like a demon to me. They can manipulate your dreams to make you dream of beutiful things.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
if its 100 years old story how did she watch peter pan a lot?
I don't actually believe it was her mum bursting to ashes... Unless she was some kind of demonic... Which I don't think is the case...
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
😭 I really love your story. It make me want to go to heaven with my grandmother I missed her ssssssssoooooooo bad! I wish my grandmother would do that to me. 😭 I'll never 4get your story
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
LyssaLuva,
Thank you for responding, in part.
"no one saw the ghost from then on..." I got the part where no one saw her AGAIN after she disappeared in such a dramatic way, but was she seen BEFORE the sighting by the little girl? Was she present BEFORE this incident, or was it the only time?

Also, please try to imagine this story as read by someone other than yourself (after all, you wrote it, you know what it is all about) look through some of the other stories that seemed to have confused people. There are lots of questions posted to THOSE stories, as well.
Filling in the blank spots is what is done on this site. If something is not clear, we tend to ask. If something sounds a bit off, we tend to question the author.
If this was MY story, I would be thankful for the questions as it would imply that it was read, and that someone is CURIOUS as to what happened. MOST people are not curious about something they totally disbelieve.
Why ask a question about something you just "know" is not true? What would be the point in that?
Thank you again.
boo2you (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
I'm sorry if peoples confusion over your story has upset you, but you were only asked to clarify a misleading issue. I'm sorry but a few things about your story do not make sense so I will remain a skeptic on this one.
LyssaLuva (6 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Dear readers,
It sound to me as if you are all a bit confused when I said shed been watching peter pan to much I meant that she was fantisizing? 😠 and no one saw the ghost from then on in and when I say it makes people cry is because every one thought it was the mother upset about flying so they were crying 😢 I'm dissapointed in your comments and I am upset that you don't understand.
Teshiie (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Okay, I'm sort of confused... How did she watch Peter Pan?

🤔

Can you explain this?

Teshiie:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Your Aunt was seven... This story is over a hundred years old...
You know, I think my brain is going to burst into flames, trying to figure out the math.
If I put that aside, for now; If I put aside the whole Peter Pan thing; for now.
If I put aside that the mother burst into ashes...
I can IMAGINE that this story is all in the telling of a wonderful dream of a little girl who missed her Mama. When she woke up, the Spirit of her Mama was visiting, perhaps more easily as she had just been dreaming of her. I can further imagine that the little girl sorely missed her Mama and thought she had disappointed her by refusing to travel with her, and so she IMAGINED her mothers ghost burst into ashes and was not seen again.
Just a question.
Had OTHER people in the home seen the ghost of the Mother before this as well?
Thank you.
SchizoSephy (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I highly doubt it was Prisilla's mother. Someone or something probably sensed her "frail" state of mind. Knowing whatever that was it most likely assumed the form of her mother. To comfort her. Through they may have been attempting to harm Prisilla.

Screaming and turning ash may have been whatever it was it was going back to Hell.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Not to be a continuous skeptic but I think this story sounds a bit suspicious... I don't see how this story is supposed to make someone cry. I can see how it would scare the dickens out of a child, but that's about it. Secondly, how do you break your arm twice in the same week? Did she break it in different places? It takes more than a week for an arm to heal. I also don't see how she could be watching Peter Pan when it hadn't come out yet if the story is 100 years old. And why is no one stopping this child from jumping off of things (I'm assuming) to try and fly? I would see strange things if I had cracked my skull a few times too.
boo2you (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
I don't understand how this story can be "Over 100 years old" as the Disney movie peter pan was released in 1953 so how could she have "watched Peter Pan way to many times". Even if it wasn't the Disney the very first peter pan film ever made was in the 1920's. Could you please clear this up?
CutieTammy17 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Burnt to ash I;m sure her mother would understand her daughter's decision... Maybe iT WAS NOT HER...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
What a strange story. Not being rude but the last part when she screams and blows up reminded me of a scooby doo cartoon. Sorry. I have to agree with Snailbug, I would be more worried about the kid.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Definetely the most confusing story I've read today! I would not like to break my arm twice in one week, that's for sure. I don't mean to be rude but I would be concerned about a kid who believed they could fly, despite having broken bones in the attempt multiple times.
midnight_writer (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-03)
Maybe it wasn't really her mum. Maybe it was a demon in disguise. Eww...spooky!😭
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Heh? Did her mother go to hell? Well that's a very weird story. Like ghostseer, I'm a bit lost... Did people see her after she died? Either way, this was a touching story. I liked it...
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
Totally lost here, Can you explain... Plus the last sentence really throws everyone off I think...Blessings, Ghostseer
DarkMoonlightShadow (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
so sad and touching... Her mom bursted into ashes and screamed? Hmm...weird...
Tori (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-02)
wow that's very touching, sad aswell. 😕 but I wonder what it means that her mum just burst into ashes😐

- Tori ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: