You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp: Voices Of The Dead - Jeremy

Real Ghost Stories

Evp: Voices Of The Dead - Jeremy

 

Recently, we investigated an 1800's "County Home" and "Lunatic House" located in NW Ohio. The buildings were built in 1865. Back then, the government mandated that all counties have a "Home" for the Poor, Orphaned, Elderly, Mentally Ill, etc. It was thought that the able bodied persons that were sent here were "Lazy". Therefore, this location was an actual working farm. All able bodied persons that were sent to the Farm were put to work in the fields, chores, cooking, cleaning...

The County Home was the last residence for over 500 people. These people passed away at this location. Everyone from infants to the very elderly. The building had a morgue for such locations. The sad part to this story is that when the "Patients" died they were buried in the "Pauper Cemetery". Their graves were not honored with their names on the tombstones. Only a number.

In 1950 the Home was used as a Nursing Home. The caretaker thought that it would be easier to mow if all of the tombstones were removed. They sat stacked up for many years. Local towns people grabbed them and used them for many things (Face down as side walks, shims, etc). When the home was being turned in to a museum, the return of these tombstones was requested and many returned. Not all.

During the period where the stones were removed, a county road was put in that actually was paved over the northern 1/3 of the cemetery. When the home was turned in to a museum, corps sniffing dogs were brought in to find the rough location of the grave. The sad part is that a fire had destroyed the only known list of who was buried at each number.

Just wanted to give a little history of this place. In the clip you are about to see, we investigated the home. One of the Investigators said the name "Jeremy", and you will hear that the stranded soul repeats her. Thanks and enjoy.

Video Link

Other hauntings by EVPResearcher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EVPResearcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
rhodes68 - Hi! I know it is sad that they would do this. Over 500 people died at the place during its operation. The current cemetery has about 200 graves marked. So 300 plus remain unmarked. Sad. They had a rough life and a rough afterlife!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Bob that was spine-chilling once again!

I was terrified not so much by the noises in the background wishing recognition as much as by the ignorance and disrespect of certain people. How could they have been so thoughtless as to destroy one's resting place?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Thank you and I did watch the video glad you show a video since I can't hear voice only can watch so yeah It sad.
missydee (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Apologies if I sounded too negative. I have listened to other EVP's which where more 'believable'. I just felt I had to comment on this one.
I am totally open minded when it comes to anything paranormal and I wouldn't disregard anyone's experiences.
Again I apologise if my comment was too harsh.
Take care ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
missydee, please don't discount what another person experiences. Am kind of sensitive to this as I have had to "prove" myself, over and over again, when it comes to the things I have seen and experienced
(Paranormal, supernatural). Although I do not go out and investigate places, these investigations are finding crucial answers. I am inundated with experiences, as the other worldly seem to find me, no matter where I go. Just because you don't understand, or cannot relate, please keep an open mind, Blessings, Ghostseer (www.ghost-e.com)
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
missydee - When you do an investigation with 4 people you get to know their voices pretty well. The word Jeremy, almost overlapped the speaker. Not to mention, on this nights investigation, we heard that exact same voice several times (two different groups of 4 people each). As for the sound effects, I put them in for fun. If you don't like it, sorry, but that is how I like to do these.
missydee (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
How do you know it's a ghost with all the noise and stuff? Maybe if you didn't have all the sound effects on there it would be more believable.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: