You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: The Haunted House I've Never Been To

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House I've Never Been To

 

A co-worker who knows about my fascination with the paranormal, was telling me about her boyfriend's strange experiences in his home. Not wanting to get in trouble for "chit-chatting" while we were supposed to be working, she promised to finish telling me what all he had seen and heard at a later time. I had not met her boyfriend nor had she told me very much detail about where he was living. I only knew that it was an older house and that he was remodeling it. He was still living there while he was doing the work on the house.

That night I had the strangest dream. I dreamed that she asked me to go with her to his house to get something. She was afraid to go by herself and he was out of town. The dream was extremely vivid! We drove down a long curvy driveway, through trees, and his house was in a clearing at the end of the drive. The house was white with dark shutters and needed to be painted. It had a large porch with only a few steps up from the yard. One of the steps was broken, so we had to be careful when we went onto the porch.

As we got up to the front door, we could see a light coming from around the back of the house. Thinking that he had come home early, my friend walked around the porch to the back door. While she was gone, I was looking in the front windows. The windows on the left looked into a bedroom and the ones on the right were to a living area that he was using for his building supplies. His tools and some boards were in there.

As I was looking in the windows (being nosy... Just like I am in real life) I could see something making footprints in the sawdust and it was coming toward the window where I was! My friend came running around the porch at that point, yelling that he wasn't home. The light that we had seen earlier got brighter and seemed to be coming out of all the windows of the house. We ran back to the car and took off.

So, the next day at work, the first thing I did was find my friend to tell her my freaky dream. And here's where it gets freakier, she kept asking me what all I saw of the house and I DESCRIBED HIS HOUSE IN ALMOST PERFECT DETAIL. I described everything, down to the long driveway, the trees in the yard, the location of the bedroom and where his tools are at in the other front room. The house was exactly as I had dreamed. She told him about it later that afternoon and it freaked him out as much as it did the two of us.

She told me that he was still hearing things in the house; he thinks that it was in response to his remodeling... And not in a good way.

Other hauntings by tmari76

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, tmari76, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mzih8u (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-20)
I have experienced somthing very similiar.
My Godmother was explaining a very vivid dream (which happened to come true) to me that she had had years earlier before I stopped her during the conversation and described the house she mentioned that was in her dream. I visualised it in my head and it was the same house! Right down to the yellow windows and the little tree out front!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
I would say this sounds like a premonition. It usually does take the form of a dream. Makes one wonder about collective conscience. I don't know if anyone has ever come up with a better explanation. Now why some have it while the majority doesn't is the question. No doubt it's a gift. For what ever reason you are able to tap into it. I know people have had premonitions about plane crashes or earthquakes; traumatic events but to dream of a house you never were in and have it match perfectly in description is wild. I don't think this can be put in the category of deja vu. Not sure it can be put into the premonition category either because it's not relaying any event. It's almost like what the government did with remote viewing studies but then it's not like you were consciously trying to do any of that. Very strange to say the least.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
Remodeling almost always stirs up the past. Your dreams are capable of showing you things you would never expect. Sounds like you are gifted, and it's nothing to fear!...Knowledge is power, learn about your gifts. You will get better at it as time goes on...Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-05)
That is an exceptional gift you have there tmari! I've had this happen to me quite a few times and the more I'm "involved" (emotionally, that is) with a situation, the stronger it seems to get. They say, one needs to "cultivate" it. This I suppose can never be an easy decision.

I hope that if it persists, you will put it in good use.

Looking forward to more stories from you.
tmari76 (3 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
Actually, I have had something like this happen one other time... My mom lived in upstate New York and I had a dream where I had gone with her to visit a relative in the town where she grew up. I was telling her about the dream and told her about the house we were in. She said that it sounded like the house that her aunt lived in; I asked her if I had been there when I was younger, thinking that maybe I was just remembering a visit, but they had sold the house before I was born. The details weren't as clear as the ones in the dream above.

After that dream, I definitely didn't want to visit his house! My friend said that when she would go over there, she never felt welcome... Always that eerie feeling of being watched. She would never stay the night with him; he had told her that the spirit had visited him several times at night. He would feel it sit on the bed. Once it held him down and another time lifted the bed off the floor and dropped it. She told me about these incidents after my dream, so I know that my dream was not influenced by what she told me.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
That was a scary account you shared with us tmari76 but I realy liked it!

I can only imagine the fear you caused with that detailed description of your dream.

I need to ask you something: has this happened before, had you been able to "visualise" a place you had never visited? I have to wonder what or who was trying to communicate something to you. Was the energy of that house so powerful that you were able to tune in or was that dream some type of "warning" about a future visit?
Nexus997 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-04)
woah freaky especially where she said you described it down to the last detail

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: