You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Doppleganger

Real Ghost Stories

Doppleganger

 

I would really like someone to give me an answer of what they think this is. This happened a while ago and I have never been able to figure out what or why this happened! I was at a sleep over, doing what all teenagers do at sleep overs. I went home in the morning and my mother said to me "why did you sneak out last night?". I told her that I didn't and I was at my friend's house where I said I was going to be. She then told me that she let me in the house that night and I went in my room and closed the door. My little brother even asked why I left that night after mom let me in. I told him that it wasn't me. He said "yes" because he had seen me. This has bothered me ever since.

I would like anyone to tell me what they think of this. I have experienced ghosts, ufos and sasquatch sightings. But I have mostly experienced ghosts ever since I was young. I have a few ghost stories to tell but this one in particular has haunted me. We were playing with a homemade Ouija board that night, but we never came into contact with anybody. I have heard that even homemade Ouija boards can work. Maybe it had something to do with that?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
oh, I'd like to add another possibility-

It is said that we leave our energy every where we go and it imprints a mark. Kinda like the Hiroshima shadows or... Maybe an echo.

So, it may be possible that this person who went home isn't even really there but just an imprint in the energy in our world.
inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
There's no way in this world anyone will ever come close to giving you a straight answer.

First, I'd like to say that this Warm Mu Mu stuff sounds crazy. It sounds like the kind of things people say and believe when they have no understanding of something. Imagine what people thought of Bears the first time they came across them.

I have a small list off possibilities tho- (like everyone)

1. Sleep walking
2. OBE - Out of body experience (Astral Travel)

3.

Now here it goes:

In a small span of three days (no sleep) my ex, a roommate and I all saw, heard, felt many different things in our home.

One of the many odd things we saw was- ourselves!

There were ghosts all over the place and we saw them in many different forms. One of the easiest way to see them was through the unplugged tv. Everything looked odd in the tv. It was nearly as clear as a mirror. Most times however some things were not right... For example: the blinds were curtains in the reflection, the wooden bed frame became iron clad, the white painted wood around the window became a natural, unpainted, wood. Sometimes there were doors where doors didn't exist and so on...

I could see my boyfriend I sitting on the bed in the reflection as well but at one point I wasn't there (in the tv reflection) and I thought how odd because I still saw my boyfriend. So I got out of bed and walked close to the tv.

I should say that the tv was a 15" or something. A tiny lil thing.

So... I was standing in front of the tv, full body blocking the view but I hadn't realized that I could still see my boyfriend in it. No possible. What I did notice was that the guy in the tv wore glasses whereas my boyfriend didnt.

I informed my man, "weird, your refection shows you wearing glasses" and just as I said that the guy in the tv stopped whatever he was doing and looked up at me. He looked straight into my eyes.

--- oh, my eyes are blurred with tears just typing this and I have chills.

I jumped, ran to the bed and hid under the blankets and said "oh my god he looked at me" probably about three times.

Later- probably 2 or 3 days later, we had to try to live a little. We had been overly haunted by strange ghosts trying to communicate with us and we couldn't take it anymore. So we finally went downstairs.

My man and I had a beer with our roommate. I believe it was in a can. Then, I looked to him and he to me and we both said "do you see that?" We saw it all right.

In the large screen tv we could see detailed reflections of the three of us except it was not us!

My roommate had a shirt on that had a picture on the front but in the reflection there was no picture. Her pants, in the reflection had a pink (and how we knew it was pink I don't know) thick stripe down the outer side tho they really didn't. I was slightly taller and somewhat slimmer, I had a longer face and my hair was nothing like it really was. My boyfriend had a mullet type hair cut in his reflection.

Our beers were cans but the people in the tv had bottles and the cat seemed to have many kitten which I later saw my real cat chasing around.

We weren't sure but we thought we also saw a reflection of a christmas tree.

--- It was all so strange.

Probably a day or so before my boyfriend and I saw something else... In our bed room the open air seemed to tear and a different area was being shown. It was so clear and quite odd. I was fascinated. The first time it happened it was quick and didn't actually progress to opening very much tho the second time it opened a fair big (enough to have climbed through).

My boyfriend freaked out and said not to look at it. He scared me so much. He assumed that we might have been able to get sucked in and never come home again. Frankly I think he was off his rocker but...

I don't know what this rip in the air was. I don't know if its possible that it was an tear in another place/element whatever. Could be... Maybe not.

But, I do know that we saw ourselves. Maybe a different time and we are repeating things but it felt like it was happening at the same time.

So--- it could also be possible that the person who went home that night was another version of you who usually resides in a different element.

There's speculation that there are a number of different planes? --- its a different word I can't remember right now. So, let's say there are 11 planes but some believe that they are layered like lasagna or something. They really are in the same place and somehow, sometimes, we can walk right into the other one.

I feel for you. I've had a lot of odd (wrong) things happen and I can just imagine the terrible feeling that something like that could give you. Such a vulnerable, intruded feeling.

Well, remember- you aren't alone! I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who can say 'oh my god, something like that happened to me too'!

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-01)
Sounds like a doppleganger to me. Probably nothing to be worried about, but this was a very freaky story.
rachelt (2 stories) (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
wow, I don't know what this is. A doppleganger, a warm mu mu (whatever that is, or a ghosts or something. But it sounds crazy! Good thing it only happened to you once, that you know of!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Excuse me Ishaffer.
Hi JFC. I think that you should submit your story to this site so that you may get a lot insight or explainations on what this might have been. I, myself, have never experienced this but I don't see it as a bad omen or anything. Check this site out:http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewarticle.php?id=201
OR this site:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppelg%C3%A4nger
Sometimes when people are sleeping they astral project themselves. This is what you may have seen. I'm not sure. Thanks for sharing your experience. ~Shelby ❤
JFC (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-20)
Last night I had an experience that compelled me to come on here and research what I could have seen.

I went to bed... As soon as I got in I saw my 18 year old son standing in my bedroom doorway I called out his name to see what he wanted (he has had a lot of stress recently and thought he was having trouble sleeping)... He didn't reply, cocked his head on one side and left.

It was only after he had gone I realised he had my sons old hair style and colour... My son had blonde hair and it was now dark brown... Naturaly changing as he aged. He was wearing a white top but my son was asleep in the room next door in a yellow top.

I am very worried now as I have read that this can be a premonition of illnes or danger... Is that for the doppleganger or the person that sees the doppleganger?

really freaked out... At the age of 42 this is the first paranomal thing I have witnessed.

advice please... And how can I protect my son.
Juliette (8 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-15)
Of course homemade Ouija boards work! This is why you're "double" was seen. It's definately something evil.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-06)
first of all, I hope that all of the comments you have received have proved to be helpful.

second DO NOT USE A OUIJIA BOARD- homemade or other wise. This items are very, very unpredicatable, they can not be controlled, you often gets lies for answers and you may open doors that are best left sealed and are sealed with good reason.

have you had any occurances since this?

God Bless!
radio1 (8 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
This happened to my mom, she saw my sisters car pull up the drive way, then she heard the front door of the house open and close. She was asleep on the couch and looked up and saw my sisters siloute, kind of like a shadow. She honestly thought it was my sister and she told my sister that the baby is asleep in her room and that Missy her daughter was asleep on the floor next to her. My mom said that my sister went into the bathroom, but after a few minutes my mom wondered why she hadn't come out. So my mom went into the bathroom which was dark and no one was there. She checked the room and my sister was not in there. So she checked out side to see if her car was there and it was not there. The next morning my sister came home around 9:00 am and my mom asked her if she had come home last night and she said no. So it has happened to other people.
carolynknowles (4 stories) (23 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-05-23)
dear lisa,
How are you sweety? Good I hope. I think I have an answer to this because I have done it may times. This what happened to you that night. When you feel asleep that night you went into a deep sleep and you began to dream. And I know you don't remember dreaming that night most likely. But this is actually very common. Your spirit left your body and went home. It has happened to me many times. Now I could be wrong but things like this have been documented many times.
Errol (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
D'y recon it could be one of your homies that does de shape shift messin with the old dears heads ? Any of the crew showin out recently ? They is more and likely possiein up an gettin down on you, buttin you right off. I'd have it with em, show dem who the man.
Word
Errol
John McHenry (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
I have read you story lisa and can only come to the conclusion that your experience was probably nothing to do with a doplganger. I have much experience myself in this field and have studied similar phenomina for several years. What I would say your family saw was what we call a 'Warm Mu Mu'. Warm Mu Mus enter peoples minds via their ears and steal your image and your personality thus giving them the ability to apear in human form. Normally the victim is left unharmed by the experience however occasionally people have been known to take to the trees and not come down for weeks after warm mu mu posession. One of the few ways of telling a warm mu mum from the real person is that they tend to make strange thrusting movements with their heads at the most inappropriate times. If you hurl clods of mud, collected from the most southerly part of the garden of the victim, they tend to make gutteral grunting noises which also somewhat gives them away. I would sugest leaving some earth from your garden in strategic places dotted around the house that your parents can tell if its you or not next time.
Hope this helps Lisa
Mrs Dallinger (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-11)
Thank you for your comments my dear. I was however, being perfectly serious and my comments were in no way meant to be funny. Perhaps you percieved them to be amusing anecdotes but these things did happen to me.

I have been giving your story some more thought and I believe I may have found the answer:

A few years ago my husband went to his local public house in order to enjoy a pint of Stagnant Rat - a drink popular with the locals. I choose not to go there because I strongly believe that such drinking establishments are the abode of Satan. I believe the Animals wrote a song about their local pub being a bad place too but neither I nor my husband have any inclination to do similar.

Around 9.30, some two hours before he was due back, I heard a commotion of almost Biblical proportions emanating from the front of the house. Although curious by nature I am keen to point out that I am not one of those 'nosy' neighbours who throw back their curtains upon the slightest sound, instead I choose to peek through them in a more discreet fashion. I lifted the bottom of the right hand corner of the net very slowly lowered my head to the bottom of the curtain before peeking out. In such situations I tend to adopt an impassive or even nonchalont expression to fool anyone who might see me looking that I'm not interested in looking at the obvious. To my surprise I saw what clearly appeared to be my husband who appeared to be in a state of semi-undress and was hurling the contents of our dustbin at the next door neighbour's 11-year old son. The poor lad has some sort of skin disease but that's for another time. I flicked the porch light on but before opening the door I nipped upstairs to find my coat, gloves and Fedora hat before returning to the door. I think the light may have scared him off because upon opening it I found my husband was no longer there. However,
the poor unfortunate lad had been hit quite hard with what appeared to be a chicken drumstick. He looked on the verge of passing out so I took him inside and gave him a jolly good dusting off. As I was doing so I asked him what had happened and he said that my husband had appeared as if from nowhere and subsequently proceeded to urinate on a tree at the front of the lad's house. The young man who, it transpired, was sat at the bottom of said tree, said that when he attempted to remonstrate with my husband he was slapped across the legs and told to **** off. My husband then walked to our dustbin before throwing the contents at the young lad.

This is the strange thing though: When my husband returned some moments later and I asked him why he had behaved in such a way he immediately and most vehemently denied any such involvement. He said he knew nothing about chicken drumsticks or a crust pizza but I distinctly remember him saying something about a Doppleganger. It wasn't until I read your story that it jogged my memory.

Perhaps that experience is somewhat similar to your own. Looking back that Doppleganger visited our house on numerous occasions but the strangest thing of all was that it would ONLY appear when my husband drank in that particular establishment.

Alcoholism is bad enough but if you're ever going to have to sneak back home for that bottle you've stashed in the bin make sure that A) your next door neighbour's kid doesn't see you and B) make sure your mother doesn't see you either or there'll be some explaining to have to do. Ok?

I'm sure you'll find that that should clear the matter up for you dear.

Thank you.

Yours ever-so-helpfully-again

Mrs D Dallinger
lisa (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-27)
Mrs.Dallinger although your stories are quite amusing, this is nothing like my experience. I was only fifteen and my house was ten miles away over a bridge.I'm going on my mothers and brothers description of what they saw.
Mrs Dallinger (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
Is there a possibility that you sleepwalked back home?

I know I do it all the time. A rather embarrasing situation happened last year when I found myself at the local filling station absolutely naked as the day I was born attempting to put diesel in my petrol car. If it wasn't for the sharp thinking cashier I would no dount be facing a lengthy bill for cleaning the engine out.

Anyway, I sort of came round and realised my predicament and hurredly got back in the car and drove back home.

That wasn't the end of it though, some time later I received a summons to attend court on chgarges of fuel theft and indecent exposure.

I only I had a doppelganger then. They could have attended court for me but as it was I was faced with suspended sentance and my name put onthe sex offenders register.

Yours ever-so-helpfully

Mrs D Dallinger
lisa (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Mrs.Dallinger that's a very funny story but no where similiar to mine. My story is very true and still bothers me to this day. Why this happened to me I'll probably never know. It happened only the one time thank GOD.
Mrs Dallinger (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
This happened to our son Jack some years ago. He said he was going to be at his friend's house for the night and wouldn't be back until late the following day. My husband drove the car round to the door and I watched my son get in the car and disappear down the road. His friend actually lived only a few houses away but my husband needed to see someone about something so Jack decided to go the short distance by car.

Anyway, he had been out of the house for a few hours and so I decided to nip upstairs for a quickie, I often take advantage of him being out of the house in this way and before long I had the vacuum cleaner in my hands and was giving the place a good going over. After about 10 or 15 minutes and above the sound of the vacuum, I clearly heard my son shout from his bedroom the words "TURN THAT NOISY PIECE OF **** OFF YOU STUPID COW" I turned it off immediately and stood there transfixed. It didn't come again so I went to the door of his room and tapped ever so lightly.

I never like to just charge into his room in case he is in a state of undress so I calmly waited outside the door. I say calmly but I was actually terrified. I knew he couldn't be in there because I had seen him drive off with my husband. I was too petrified to do a thing and I'm not particularly proud to say that the fear gripped me so hard that I actually felt my bladder let go a bit.

I decided that the best thing to do was to try and ignore it and to continue with my work and so I returned to the vacuum and switched it back on again. No sooner had I done so than I heard the voice again. I won't repeat what was said because there were some expletives but, suffice it to say, the sentiment was similar to the first one. I stood there completely frozen not knowing what to do. Although the vacuum was loud I could clearly hear the shout above it.

This time I decided that I would have to pluck up the courage to go in but I was shaking like a leaf. I got to the door and put my ear against it trying to hear any movement but couldn't hear anything other than the sound of my own heart which was actually beating really fast by this point. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. My hand was shaking so much that I could barely hold the handle but I started to turn it ever so slightly and at that moment it felt as though someone had hold of the handle on the other side because it began turning in my hand. I screamed as the door opened by itself and there standing right in front of me was my son Jack.

I didn't know what to do, whether to cry or be sick. I just stood there staring at him. There was a noise downstairs and I knew that my husband had arrived back home so I rushed downstairs and screamed to him that Jack was upstairs. He looked a bit confused at this point but ran straight up the stairs and sure enough it was Jack. He'd only snuck back home from his friend's! After my husband dropped him at the gate he decided to hop over the fence and climb up the tree outside his window to get some cigarettes he had stashed in the bedroom.

We can all see the funny side now of course but I just wonder if the original poster had actually had a similar experience to that of my son's?

Smoking is bad at the best of times but if you're ever going to have to sneak back home for that packet you've stashed under the bed make sure that A) your sister doesn't see you and B) make sure your mother doesn't see you either or there'll be some explaining to have to do. Ok?

Mrs D Dallinger
phil (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
Sounds cool, Lisa. A lot of people around my old neighborhood said they have talked to a guy that looked like me and said that this guy can do things I can't do, like perform sign language. It's weird because I live in Dan Diego now and these things happened AFTER I moved... That and everyone thinks I'm everyone else, so...
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
I'm not saying that everything about the legends of dopplegangers must happen or anything, such as it is a bad omen, I'm just saying there's a word out there for cases of bilocation like that, and that others have also experienced it. But you're probably better off discarding the more superstitious stuff that comes with it. It could be just a ghost messing with ya.
lisa (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-14)
Do you really think this is a doppleganger? Nothing bad has happened after this incident. Come to think of it now a friend of mine said she was passing by my house and she said that she seen me standing there when I wasn't even home. Nothing bad happened after that incident either.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-03-13)
Hi lisa, I gave your story the title Doppleganger because this is what it seems to be, but I know not many people may be familiar with the term, so here's a good link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppleganger

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: