You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Muddy Footprints

Real Ghost Stories

Muddy Footprints

 

This happened to my sister about a year ago and that particular night she was really tired and wanted a good nights sleep. My sister's name is Tennikah and like I said, she wanted a good sleep so she locked her bedroom door from the inside so nobody could get in and double checked it was locked and settled down onto her bed.

That night she was awoken by the sound of footsteps walking around her room. Being scared, she just hid under her covers until the sound was gone.

The next morning, there were muddy footprints on her carpet, and we couldn't scrub them off so we had to replace the carpet.

The really weird thing was, that none of my parents has a spare key to her room and we had all gone to bed the time Tennikah heard the footsteps.

My sis was totally freaked out and I had to sleep in her room with her until she recovered. Also, she had many dreams about it too.

Another thing that happened in her room was, one night she heard a ticking noise. Like a clock does, but Tennikah doesn't have or never has had a clock. It was coming from the mantle above her bed. As soon as she looked to where it was coming from, it stopped.

If anyone has any explanations to this story, my sister and I'd really like to know.

Other hauntings by chocomad

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chocomad, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dinky (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-31)
Chocomad,

I'm particularly interested in your story and others like it because recently a similar incident happened to me (I came across this site because I was looking for an explanation or to see if it had happened to others).
When you discovered the footprints did they look like they belonged to an adult or a child? It may have been handy to have taken photos of the footprints or given the used carpet to the police (although I doubt they could have done much). Did you examine the bedroom window and just outside of it, to eliminate the possibility of an intruder?
I was just wondering if it could have been the spirit of an indigenous person, as many different Aboriginal clans lived throughout many parts of the country.
I'm from Darwin myself, and have heard of such things happening.

Sincerely Dinky
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Wow that's creepy! I guess some spirit happened to pop in. But this incident would scare me to death. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
It might help you and your sister to stay up one night and see what really going on. I know that if I stay up late and everyone else are asleep, it would pop out of nowhere I really done that before and I found out that no one is in my room. It would help you when everyone is asleep. Don't give up just stap up all night and wait for the it to come up. I am so happy to help you.
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
oh and yes the experience has been repeated. First of all the foot print were IN my sisters room, but about two months after, the footprints were outside her bedroom going towards the kitchen
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
hey jmak you were right for me to look up our land. It turns out that a swamp used to be here. With further investigation I might find out if somebody died here! Keep you posted'

Maddi
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Hi chocomad,
Thanks for sharing this experience with us. It reminds me of an experience that I shared with everyone on this sight. (see "A stroll through the kitchen") The spirit sounds like it's tied to the land since you said that your family is the first to live in the house. Is there any history to the land your house was built on?
Has the footprint experience been repeated? Have there been any other occurances in the house? Sorry for all the questions, I wish your family all the best. God bless.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Hmm. Mud is dirt and water. Once it dries you get out the vacuum. Rarely do you have to get rid of carpeting unless imbedded over time. I have the feeling there is more to this story than a sloppy ghost.
chocomad (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
no I'm sorry but nobody used to live in our house, as soon as it was built, we moved in

Thanks for your comment 😁
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
Hi maybe it the resident use to live that house of your where ya'll live you and your sister might need to check the background what cause the muddy footprint may had been someone use to live there died.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: