You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: More Unexplained Hauntings

Real Ghost Stories

More Unexplained Hauntings

 

I want to start from right after my brother's passing. I explained some unusual incidents that occurred in my first story and now I will write about more unexplained things that happened in our home.

My family and I would occasionally hear a voice calling our names, and this started happening about a month after his passing. One day my youngest daughter, which was 13 years old and I were walking down the hallway going towards the living room and we both were talking and she then said mama. A few seconds after she said mama we both heard someone say "mama" but in a real funny voice and it did sound like my brother.

My daughter and I looked at each other and she said did you hear that and I said yes and we both repeated to each other what we heard. My kids, which I have six have always called me mama, even all of their friends do. When my brother was alive he would sometimes tease me and say mama this, mama that.

Another time my two youngest kids were in school and my then eleven year old son came home from school and said that when he was in class he heard someone call his name and the same thing he said it sounded like his uncle. A few days after that my then thirteen-year-old daughter came home and said mama I need to talk to you alone. I then asked her what was wrong. She then replied while I was sitting in my class today I heard someone calling my name and she said the same thing as my son that it sounded like her uncle. That went on for quite a while the kids would come home once in a while with the same story.

Another incident occurred at my twin son's apartment. He called up one day scared out of his wits. He said that he was in the bathroom shaving when he looked in the mirror he swears he saw his uncle looking at him for a very short time and it really did scare him.

My youngest daughter had asked one day if I had went into her room and fixed her blankets and I told her no. She told me that the night before she was asleep when something woke her up. She said she saw someone lifting her blankets up at the foot of her bed. She said the same way uncle use to.

I failed to tell you in my first story that the day the dishes were moving around in the kitchen I actually prior to that had been in my hallway bathroom praying because I needed a quiet place to go and in my home that's it. I had been worried that maybe my brother's spirit may be lost and that's why we were having all these strange things happen.

I was praying to GOD and asking him to help brother find peace. I asked him to take him to heaven and to take care of him and to be honest, I really was praying hard and that's when my kid's called me and said the dishes were moving and sure enough they were. I started getting scared and my husband felt that brother was trying to get me to go with him because we were so close.

I even went to a church and a preacher told me it couldn't be my brother that it was bad demons or spirits in my home. I asked the preacher if he would come and pray in my home and you can guess what his answer was NO! He said that I needed to do the praying myself in order for the bad spirits to leave, and quite frankly I know he was too darn scared to help.

I do continue to feel a presence at times and for some darn reason always in my hallway bathroom. I will write more at a later time.

Other hauntings by csuegar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, csuegar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-25)
I'm with Rhodes on this one. I think it's ridiculous that the preacher wouldn't help. Especially because you have children in your home! You feel that it is your brother, but if he really felt that it was a demon or an evil spirit, it's his job to help! I'm sorry that he didn't help you, that's a shame. If things get worse and you need the house blessed I would look to another clergyman; it seemed to help things tremendously when our home was blessed.

Someone else had mentioned trying to talk to your brother, I think that's a good idea. He's trying to get your attention and maybe it's over something important.

Regardless, sorry to hear of your loss, and I hope that you and your family are able to find peace.
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-28)
Hmmmm... -ignoring the other comments because she's too lazy to read them all- Have you tried talking to your brother? 😕
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
csuegar I would recomment Tibetian / nepalese or Indian sandlewood as they are pure. Stores that sell incense are holistic stores, selling crystals, gemstones, oils. If you do any trouble finding it let me know.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Around here herbal stores have them, gas stations have them (but be sure to read the label on those ones, often times they are mixed with something else), the "Dollar stores", health food stores, and candle stores.
I personally frequent the herbal stores. Mostly because those shopping for incense THERE are using them for similar reasons, and you can hear ALL KINDS of stories in OURS 😊. If your health food stores do not carry them, generally they know where you can go to purchase them.
Thank you.

SANDALWOOD 😊
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Surya, Thankyou for your advice. Could you tell me what stores usually have it?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
csuegar make sure it is pure sandlewood.
Not mixed with anything else. If possible try to get rolled red sandlewood, which is less smokey and creates very little ash.
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Whitebuffalo,Thankyou for your advice I very much appreciate it and I definately will let you know how it goes when I'm able to actually try that technique.I'm not sure that anyone in my family will help but I'm still going to ask. I will get the sandalwood.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Good point, and point well taken, Surya.
Lavender does work well to combat anxiety and tension, which I am SURE you must be dealing with, on some level csuegar. I have a tendency to almost LEAN on lavender at times. BUT Sandalwood would be the correct choice in this situation.
**Just so that you know, we tend to work together on this site to try to come up with correct solutions, or ideas that would be best suited to individual situations. I think you figured THAT out, though.**
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Sandalwood incense is traditionally to draw in positive energy, but may be burned indoors to clear negative energy. Although your brother is not a negative as such, I would personally use pure sandlewood instead of lavender.

Lavender is more of a Harmonizing and relaxing fragrance which is restorative and soothing.

Look forward to reading you next story.
kcampbell (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
I really don't have a lot to say but when ever the spirit say your name, tell the spirit to leave you alone and the rest of your family. Maybe it will leave you alone. Did you put a cross in every room? That might help, I hope.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
csuegar,
I have the same thoughts as you as to thinking GOD is not going to punish you for not going by the church and their opinions concerning this matter. The whole monkey wrench in the machinery of SOME organized religion is the Unknown.
It is the "wild card" that throws off many a scholar, and JUST because you KNOW this to be your brother, YOU are one step ahead of their game.
I am going to suggest that you do something that may be extremely difficult for you. If you DO do this, and you are emotional while going through the motions, that is just fine. The content of your heart will be heard, and there is no denying what lies there.
I am going to ask you to purchase a lavender incense. Lavender is supposed to rid a space of negativity. In that you have little to no "outside help" chances are pretty good that there is a bit of it flying around in your home.
Call all of your close family members (use caution, you DO NOT want them to think you have fallen over the cliff of grief. Choose carefully) that would be happy to assist you. There is power in numbers, AND "where two or more are gathered..." If you do not feel that there are enough family members for your comfort, call on only trusted friends that you KNOW will not try to use this against you in the future. Humans can be cruel, and in jest, some may bring this up to prove some completely different point.
Gather in your home in the room that you most often feel the presence of your brother. If you are comfortable praying for him, do so. If you just want to say a few words about him, great, do THAT. What is important is that HE is the topic of conversation. If you feel comfortable with the Bible in your midst, by all means, take one with you.
While sitting in a circle with these trusted peoples I would suggest lighting a white candle (purity, that is all, just for purity of thought, and works) and humbly asking your brother to join in the group hug. He really sounds as if he would enjoy something like that.
When you feel him there, tell him all of the things that you truly want him to know. Yes, from I love you as much as _____ all the way down to remember when we _____?
At the end, when ALL has been said, you need to tell him goodbye. Tell him that you release him from any promises made in haste, you release him of any agreements made in grief, and that you will ALWAYS love him, as you know that he will ALWAYS love you and your family.
This is NOT a séance. You would NOT be calling other Spirits. This is a technique that has been used within my brothers congregation to assist those who have LOVINGLY accidentally caused much of the same situation. You MUST reattain the comfort in your own home.
PLEASE know that YOU must let him go. YOU must release him. If YOU are unwilling to do so, you have trapped him in this promise. It WAS a purely innocent promise, but one just the same.
Thank you.
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
I feel that I need to clarify myself more in detail in regards to the preacher. I did explain to him the whole situation that was going on that I wrote about. The first time I spoke to him was on the phone and then a few days later in church. He straight out told me it couldn't be my brother because after we pass our souls go straight to heaven or hell. He said that it's bad spirits or demons and that demons like to play tricks on people and especially those grieving. I asked him to come to my home and bless it and pray and he said that he can't that it's up to me to get rid of what ever is in my home. He said that I need to completely accept the LORD in my heart and then pray through out my home. I then told him because of his position in the church that I felt he had more influence with such ordeals since he is a more faithful man. He then told me NO that it truly was up to me and more then likely when I do pray for the bad spirits to leave that they would probably leave but before they go they will probably leave with a big bang I mean lots of noises. I am a firm believer in the LORD and I believe in the bible but in my heart I feel it is my brother and I don't feel GOD is going to punish me for not going by the church and their opinions. When I write my next story you will have some more insight on what's been happening.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-08)
I'm not criticizing the Cloth either my friends. It's obvious that I respect the cloth as I seem to criticize one particular representative. Because he's a man of God he's supposed to have at least explained why he could not offer his help and even talk to the poster about her own involvement or suggest why SHE needs to be the one to open a discussion with her brother. Then again, I don't really know what the poster told the preacher but no matter what, talking about Demons takes a lot of "indications" and examination of any situation.

I agree he's only a man as I agree the poster must seek help further and I sincerely hope she does.

Let's all hope for the best!
csuegar (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
I have read some of your comments and most of you are right I did ask my brother to watch over us but at the time I had no clue that all of the strange things were going to take place. IN my heart I feel that he was scared and lonely and that's why he continued to stay around so long. My brother was slightly mentally challenged although he still was very bright but some things he had difficulty understanding. Mainly when it came to reading materials and other certain things. He was very smart other ways such as he could always meet someone the first time and he would tell me right away if they were good or bad. I would think the world of someone and he would tell me careful sis I'm telling you that person is bad. Of course he was always right. My family knew if he said that persons good we knew it was the truth. I have prayed a lot and I have asked my brother to move on and I told him it's time to move on and I feel that he has but I do feel he is around at times. I do feel it's my fault also that he didn't find peace right away because I did cry a lot and I was so worried about who was going to take care of him on the other side. I guess I was so use to taking care of him too that a part of me couldn't let go either. My brother loved telling jokes and he was very funny he always played jokes on us and maybe he don't mean to scare us he probably is being himself. Full of jokes! As far as the preacher goes maybe some day I will go to another one. Things have calmed down a lot at times strange things occur but not like last year. I have another story that I will be writing about soon. I WANT TO SAY THANKYOU TO ALL OF YOU! I REALLY DO APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICE.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
preists, regardless of being men of the cloth are just that, men. There are good ones and bad ones, weak ones and srtong ones. This priest that refused a member of his congregation assistance is weak, regardless of how you put it. If he himself did not want to help, he could have refered her to someone that could and would help.

In my opinion there was only one perfect man and he walked the earth about 2,008 years ago.

Gos Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
I personally am not criticizing the cloth, Surya. I have a deep respect for it, and one that is very strong.
As I wrote in my comment, "We are afforded the opportunity to make mistakes." That sentence was written directly AFTER the comment about saving grace for the sole purpose of pointing out that the preacher is only human too.
PEOPLE make mistakes, only the Creator is perfect.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
ok Rhodes, and Whitebuffalo, I still think you are all wrong to dis-respect a priest. He is a man of God, regardless. Maybe the way she described what is going on was mis-interpertated. Regardless, she was still wrong to as what she did of her brother, stop critising the priest. (excuse the spell mistakes)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Oh, I see your point, there Rhodes.
I, too, think it totally irresponsible of the preacher to have suggested the possibility of evil spirits or demons and then just leave her hanging in the event that there truly WERE such a being (or beings) present.
The reason I called my brother is that I could not BELIEVE the audacity of such a comment. I should THINK, that if someone were to tell me that same thing, I would have gone to whomever it was that was his "head" and complained fully. I would have allowed them the opportunity to explain what it is that constitutes the necessity of help from the clergy man. THEN, if they STILL could not grant me the help, I would climb the next rung in the ladder. And kept going until I had reached the top.
I have no clue as to the religious affiliation of csuegar, and that is TOTALLY irrelevant. What IS relevant is that SHE sought help, from a leader, and SHE was shot down.
All for the sake of what?
The preacher saving face?
What about saving GRACE?
We are afforded the opportunity to make mistakes. If that were not so, the Creator would have made us all carbon copies of one another, with no working minds. We would have been a bunch of clones walking about with nothing in our heads but gears. But we were not. We were GIVEN free will.
For what?
To make mistakes, to learn from them, and to learn to SEEK help. There are those in place TO help, and when they refuse to do their CALLING, what did they choose the profession for? There are plenty of other positions that could be just as prestigious, and just as worthy, but a "step down" from that of preacher.
BUT...
The FIRST step, in THIS ladder is csuegar. In THIS ladder, SHE must FIRST approach her brother. The NEXT step (as I stated in my other comment) would be to return to the preacher. If he STILL refused, and she feels that there is no one else at that place to assist, perhaps it is time to step OUTSIDE her faith, and step INTO another, for the exclusive reason of help.
MANY faiths require that you do the leg work first. After all, in order for them to go to "the higher ups" THEY have to have proof positive that there IS something that requires more attention that what THEY personally can give. Whether that is a choice, or an expertise problem.
SOME clergymen simply have no training in the Spiritual War. I know that sounds preposterous, but it is true. In seminary, they DO NOT teach the students how to wage war against ghosts. SOME clergy men have no DESIRE to learn of them (for personal reasons), so they do not think outside of what has been taught. They do not wander around in the doctrines to take a look.
People, in general, are uncomfortable with the thought of ghosts being able to be standing right behind someone without their knowledge. THAT is why so many people jump to say EVERYTHING that is Spiritual, is straight from the devil. That is why so many times, innocence becomes evil.
I could go on, and it would take up too much space, but I agree, the preacher was wrong to do what he did. Or rather did not do. I do not agree with what he DID, but I know she must not stop trying. And in that, she needs to take that first tremulous step.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Autumn I know what you are saying and I understand the urgency to have the sister tell her brother that his help is no longer needed if that's the case. I'm not angry at the preacher telling her its her place to speak to him as this is a "domestic" situation. I am FURIOUS at the preacher for throwing the "demonic diagnosis" as such things should be approached with caution. You don't talk about demons as you don't perform exorcisms based on no proof. THAT was irresponsible and very silly of him.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
I will be completely honest with you.
I talked with my brother about this occurrence, as he IS a Priest and he gave me a few insights that MAY help out those of you who are right now thinking the worse about this preacher who told you, csuegar, that it was up to you to go home and pray about this.
It is.
And here is why: YOU asked that your brother watch over your family. It is a bit of the case of "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it". It is UP TO YOU, to explain as lovingly, passionately and COMpassionately as possible that you appreciate the help, but it is getting a bit nerve wracking.
I will admit, that it sounds as if your brothers spirit MAY be going to the extremes here, but did you happen to set some guidelines? Did you happen to tell him that you did not want the children scared?
The point is, as live persons, we have our perception of "watching over" means. Most generally we think of a beautiful Angel with a harp sitting up in Heaven with the glorious host of singing Angels and preventing automobile accidents with the wave of a hand. Or ANY unseen events that would be detrimental to a family.
If we were to ask our family members, who we believe will be with us for a long time, to "watch over us", THAT would mean to call us, stop in once and again to see how things are, lend use of the car when ours is in the shop, etc.
I see your brother doing nothing more, than simply watching over you, AS YOU REQUESTED.
We are all born with free will. Many other posters have stated that as well. I DO NOT think your brother would deliberately do anything that would harm your family, but as with all other family issues, you HAVE to take this to your brother. You HAVE to explain things, and point out that the little things are OK, but MAYBE he should do this all from AFAR.
Let him know that he MAY be more comfortable on The Other Side, and just sending in a few wisps of "hi, I am still taking care of you all"'s. Explain to him that following the kids to school, popping up in the mirrors, moving objects while there are witnesses, and whispering names is a bit frightening to YOU and your FAMILY.
For a brother to love his sister so much that he "obeyed" her wishes to this extent, I find it HARD, and almost unimaginable, that he would do otherwise should you be detailed in your explanations. Once you have tried ALL that you can, on your end, SHOULD you need the added help of a preacher, perhaps you should step OUTSIDE of your faith to solicit the help of a different clergyman.
But I would DEFINITELY have a family meeting, with your brother in the place of honor and THANK him first for being SO watchful.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Typical priest, but I am sure he had his reasons for saying no. It has nothing to do with experiance or being scared, so let's not get mad at him.

I will go back to my previous comment in which I did point out, you asked for your brother to watch over you all before he passed away. He is doing exactly that. He is with your children at school, in their homes, in your home. When a loved one passes away you for their soul to rest in peace and be happy wherever they may be in the after life. I am sorry I don't mean to sound harsh, this is what you asked for from your brother, he is doing just that, watching over you all.
It is actually up to you now to help him to pass over.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
Excuse me, but I'm a little upset now-what the heck was the preacher thinking to have said such a silly and irresponsible thing? I sometimes think and I'm more convinced as time goes by that some people shouldn't be engaging in certain professions when they have no brain or compassion at all. He just mentioned the evil and then threw you the ball: "you go fix that?" What a shame! What an embarrasment! And where exactly did he get THAT brilliant idea? Couldn't it have been that your brother was simply saying "I can hear you"?

Csuegar, my evaluation is, it IS your brother-there's no doubt about that. BUT I'm also getting the feeling he's sticking around not only to protect you which of course seems to be his main purpose but also because being afraid to cross he clings on to your world and to his beloved family. I don't know how you will take this but maybe it's time you thanked him for his care and asked him to move on, to find peace in a world that will embrase him. Even then he will be able to come for a visit when assistance is needed. Loved ones are always part of our lives and it is THAT love we so honestly share that helps them find their way back to us if it's needed.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
My suggestion would be to tell your brother his work is done here. You got the message and it's time for him to move on. I don't believe it's a demon but just a soul that wasn't ready to leave or a soul that wanted to let his loved ones know he's still alive and well. Amazing how preachers can be so callous being that your experience doesn't match their doctrine. So therefore it's a demon. Such nonsense.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-06)
I am sorry about your brother and maybe you should pray harder and put crosses and white candles in the house light up and pray that he can be in peace with god and tell him that you can't go with him cause it not your time and you will meet him one day when your time come.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: