You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone's Calling Me

Real Ghost Stories

Someone's Calling Me

 

One night, at my sister's bedroom, I was about to sleep when I heard someone's calling my name. I hesitated to open my eyes because it was an unfamiliar voice, very husky, I couldn't determine if it was a man or a woman but I'm sure that he/she was calling me. I ignored it and tried to go back to sleep but I can't. My older sister, whom I thought was asleep and apparently just beside me woke me up and said:

"Hey, wake up! Did you hear that?"

"What?"

"Someone's calling you".

"You heard it too?"

"Yes! Two times! It's neither mom nor dad and I located the voice, it came from the end of our bed!"

Oh God! This time, I'm really scared because I never thought that my sister would hear it too. The fact that the voice was coming from the end of our bed means someone's looking at us while we sleep. We decided to ignore it and we went back to sleep. I don't know who he/she was. It bothered me up to now. I don't know why he/she called my name twice on that night. I'm just thankful that it didn't happened again.

If some of you have an idea on why do spirits or entities call names, please feel free to post a comment or suggestion. It will be highly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Other hauntings by eris29

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, eris29, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pammyperez (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
😕 I also experienced that too but not my name it's like composing a sentence one word per day but it also stopped.
shadowclark (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
i also experienced that when someones calling you. It is really a bit scary but I just ignored it but still I feel shaky.

I thing they just want to talk with but even so talking to someone you don't know is a little bit shaky
anne_k92 (4 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-06)
it's scary when something unknown called out our names. I've once experience it when I'm 13yrs old or younger. It not only called out my name several times, it also want me to play with it. Its quite terrifying as it whispers my name not in friendly tone, as it want me play with it for eternally. Get what I meant? 😐
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
You're very much welcome.:)

Would like to thank you also for having an interest in reading my stories.

Godspeed 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Thank you for setting that straight, I had to ask.
Thanks for your stories, it seems that quite a bit has happened to you. Please keep them coming.

Respectfully,

Rook
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(rookdygin)

She's my oldest sister. She's 16years older than me.

I usually sleep in her bedroom when I got scared to be alone or if we wanted to chitchat about her love stories and other stuffs.

She's not practically a JOKER. Infact, when my other siblings used to scare each other when we were little, she used to tell us that "one should not make fun of spirits and should respect such because they LIVED ones as a human before like us". A question follows: "you, do you want other people to make fun of you when you died?"... (Lesson Learned)

So, I really think that she's not playing jokes around me.

Thank you for your comments and questions.
Appreciate it alot!

Godbless...
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(Tonith)

I just really hoped that he/she never wanted anything from me because the fact that he/she knew me and called me twice made my bones shaked that night.

Thanks and Godbless.:)
eris29 (6 stories) (37 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
(dreamergal72)

Am also not sure who he/she was and what is his/her purpose of calling my name. You might be right about the fact that IT needed my help. But don't you think that he/she supposed to call for "HELP" than calling my name?! Hehe!

Thanks and Godbless.:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
A spirit may call your name to draw attention to itself or to have you try and help it. But I have to ask a question or two...

Was your sister older or younger than you?

Did you always sleep in the same room/bed together?

Was your sister the type to play pratical jokes on you? (I ask this because she was awake and in the room with you.)

It is possible that you both heard a spirit calling your name, but it's just as possible that your sister was trying to scare you by 'changeing her voice' and calling your name out.

Respectfully,

Rook
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Again if you were the only one hearing it I would suggest it being a waking dream but your sister heard it as well so that can not be the case. You may have a bonifide spirit hanging about and guess it knows your name. Why it allowed both of you to hear the same thing suggests to me it may not want to frighten anyone but may just want it's presence to be known. I'm sure if it has another agenda you will be hearing more than your name called. For your sake let's just hope it wanted some attention and nothing more.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
probley want your help just a thought or maybe something eles I have no idea what he/she want.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: