You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Bedtime Horrors

Real Ghost Stories

Bedtime Horrors

 

This is completely true this happened yesterday. It was at 1:27AM, I was watching mock the week on Dave, when I fell asleep. I awoke and could not move my legs, arms or body at all; I was scared at first and tried to move. I then heard (and even felt) a gust of wind beside my left ear. I also heard laughter when this happened.

I tried again to move because I heard footsteps behind me, trying to see what it was, I tried again to move, only I was unsuccessful. Then I heard the gust of wind and laughter again.

At this point I felt something lift off me, after this happened I could move again. I turned the light back on only to see nothing there, although I did notice a large indent within my bed cover. I stayed awake for over what seemed like an hour hoping that it would not happen again. I fell back to sleep.

This was the first time this has happened to me although I have had times where I would hear footsteps outside my room. The footsteps and laughter have been going on since October 25th, but this was completely new. I have heard times where other people have experienced this but I never thought that this would happen to me.

If anyone can help me with this problem I would appreciate it.

Other hauntings by Nexus997

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nexus997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bluejayyforestgurl (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Something like this happened to me.
My sister said she thought there was a ghost in her room because something was moved. I didn't believe her because there was really no signs of paranormal activity. That night sometime around 1-4am my legs started to violently shake and shiver and it spread to my whole body. I wasn't cold. My teeth chattered. But my cat didn't seem to sense anything and animals CAN sense paranormal presence. It's happened before when she mentioned ghosts in a hotel we stayed at. But when she doesn't mention anything like ghosts I don't get it
pprincetone (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-31)
this happens to me too,,.
That night when I'm going to sleep I can't move my whole body,.
I don't even know why I can't move them. The only this that I can move is my eyes,.,.
Then suddenly I heard a gust of wind behind he, because I'm facing the wall,.
But I heard is a sweeking sound, I can't explain it but the sound never stop until I can move my tongue and I bite it,... That's the time I screem,.,. Ang my parents came by ask me why,...,
Its not actually the same,.,.
white_roses84 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-10)
I am a paranormal investigator as well, and an authour. Well, I think this was a spirit that had been murdered. Trying to tell you to leave.
deliriumdreamsicle (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-18)
This one sounds like sleep paralysis. Don't worry, it happens to a lot of people (including me)
http://mydeliriumdreamsicle.blogspot.com/2009/08/sleep-paralysis-my-regular-guest.html
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-30)
They are called night terrors, try putting a cross or some other religious thing in your room and the next time it happens say the lords prey, this should stop it, if it doesn't then I would look into a sleep disorder, I can say this because it has happened to me...
aknibb (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-06)
Hello

I am a paranormal investigator and may be able to help you if you wish.

Although I would prefer to chat via email, msn or phone to begin with.

If you still require help, please take a look at our website and contact us if you like.

Ashley Knibb
Farsight PRS
Www.farsightfiles.co.uk
raincolor (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Even if you haven't been stressed out recently, it is possible that this was an episode of sleep paralysis. These episodes often occur when people are transitioning in and out of REM sleep (and since there is a short REM period at the beginning of the sleep cycle, this frequently occurs when individuals are awoken just after falling asleep). Your body is still in REM-sleep mode, in which your movements are naturally paralyzed so that you don't act out dreams. However, you are mentally awake -- and therefore at the mercy of whatever your mind formulates. This causes you to feel very real sensations such as hearing things, seeing things, and feeling strange touches/sensations (like your cold gust).

Like Tonith, I'm not trying to discredit your story -- but sleep paralysis is a feasible possibility. I've suffered from sleep paralysis on occasion as well, which is how I came to know so much about it.:)
MitchTheWetSprocket (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
This has happened to me too!

At first I saw some frightening images of a man's head being twisted around and around as if he was the girl off the exorcist, and then I heard the gust of wind. Then I heard a man yelling "Help Me!"

And it echoed away.

It terrified me.

I didn't know what it was, but I've been told it might of been Sleep Paralysis.

I was completely conscious when it happened.

I'm not sure, but I've been terrified of that since it happened.
Nexus997 (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
no not really I haven't experienced any stress at all this was just a one time weird (and quite scary) moment
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Not discounting your experience but frankly it sounds like a classic case of sleep paralysis. Not being able to move, weight on your chest, hearing footsteps or voices are all classic examples of this sleep disorder. May I ask if you have had a lot of stress in your life since Oct.? Stress is a key factor to sleep paralysis and night terrors. Not saying this is your case just trying to figure out why this is happening to you if it never did before.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: