You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Spirit Of Cigarette Smoking Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Spirit Of Cigarette Smoking Man

 

During my college days, I had a lecturer Mrs. Desai. This particular incident had happened with Mrs. Desai in the year 1987. Then Mrs. Desai and her husband were in search of another house since they were fed up of the congested life in an apartment building. The couple managed to get an old house in South Bombay.

The couple was happy since they had managed to make a very reasonable deal, as the property prices in Bombay were soaring in late 1980's.The house was earlier owned by a Zoroastrian family who sold it since the Zoroastrian family was migrating to United States. Mrs. Desai and her husband quickly shifted up into their new house as soon as they got possession of the house. The house had been built in 1930 by some British family staying there.

The couple enjoyed their stay for a few days until things started to get freaky. One night, at around 12:45 AM when Mrs. Desai got up from bed to have some drinking water, she suddenly spotted someone in the veranda of the house. She spotted a man in his 20's standing in the veranda leaning on the veranda railings, smoking a cigarette. The man was wearing clothes of English attire as people used to wear in 1940's-50's along with a hat.

She asked the man who he was but it seemed that the man was unable to listen to her; he was not at all responding to her words and was engaged in smoking. She kept asking him but he suddenly disappeared at around 1:30 AM in thin air. Mrs. Desai told the incident to her husband who also saw the man the next night in the veranda and the man again suddenly disappeared in thin air. The spirit of the man however never used to utter even a single word or even get into an eye contact with anyone. It used to seem like he only wanted to smoke and nothing else.

The couple was scared with their experience and consulted a psychiatrist after a few days. The psychiatrist accompanied the couple for a night at the couple's home and also witnessed the occurrence of the man in the veranda. The psychiatrist took photos of the man but after developing the photos, the man was not visible in any of those photos.

The psychiatrist who seemed to be helpless in solving the problem of the couple asked them to stay away from the haunted house. Mrs. Desai & her husband shifted back in their old apartment building and decided to get rid of the haunted house. Mr. Desai somehow managed to sell the house to a construction company after a few years. Today a shopping mall stands in the place of the old house. As of late no one has been heard to have experienced the spirit of the cigarette smoking man.

But even today, Mrs. Desai gets nightmares of the cigarette smoking man.

Other hauntings by shaishav34

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shaishav34, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-07)
Hi. I'm from Mumbai. Can you please share where this spot is? I mean where the shopping mall is in South Mumbai? Thanks:)
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
lucky people... The ghost did not want to bother them and probably did not want to be bothered
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Ghostseer right again. This would happen if anyone were around to witness it or not. What is pretty amazing is that 3 people were able to see him. Apparently one did not have to be gifted to see this entity. What always makes me wonder is the fact that something residual could be that solid as to be mistaken for a real person yet not be an intelligent haunting.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
This is a "classic" residual Haunting. No interaction from ghost, just there-does his smoking, over and over agin...Blessings, Ghostseer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: