You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Leslie

Real Ghost Stories

Leslie

 

This story is about my little sister, which is seven. Her grandparents have retired to a small town here in Kennard, Texas. She's very close to her grandparents and spends many weekends and holidays over there. The last time that she was there she experienced much more than she should have. She told the story to about four different people and nothing has changed with her story.

She said that one night she was watching TV and started to smell smoke. She walked from the bedroom to the living room and she said that outside she could see a big fire with Indians dancing around it. She became frightened and ran back to the room (she was sleeping with her grandparents), the next couple of nights she said that she didn't see or smell anything.

On a Saturday night she started to smell the smoke again, she told her grandma, in which her grandma reassured her that nothing was on fire. She said that she could only smell the smoke but not see it. Later that night, she was watching Sponge Bob and she started smelling the smoke again. No one was up but she said that she wasn't scared, just felt really strong.

She went to the back door and was looking out when she said she saw a big Indian man with feathers coming out of his hair. She said that there were a bunch of Indians dancing around the fire again and she could hear bells, people talking in whispers and she could smell the fire. She said that the Indian did not speak English but she knew what he was saying and he told her "go back", but she said he didn't say it, she could hear it in her head. Well I think that this incident scared her, because she ran to where her grandparents were and started crying because she obviously became scared, but the thing is, she said at first she wasn't scared. Well her grandparents consoled her and she was able to go to sleep.

The next night my mom went and picked her up and she told the story to us (the grandparents called beforehand to tell us about her "dream" because that's what they say it was). She repeated the story to a few more people and never once did she miss anything, or add anything. I ended up spending the night with her and she said that she kept seeing the big Indian man. He kept trying to tell her something but she didn't know what and that she would tell him to leave because he was scaring her.

This went on for about a month until one day she said that the Indian left her and that she was sad about it because she knew where he went, where he went she didn't know but she felt sad for him. I don't know what was going on but my sister has a very good, healthy home environment with people who love her and giver her attention. My mother and I believe that she may actually be able to see spirits because my grandma used to see them also.

A little family drama is the fact that my mom doesn't know who she really belongs to, my father or my sister's "dad". My father's mother was able to see things and my aunts are also able to "sense" things. Although my grandma leaned more into the occult, she still "sensed" things. I've had the discussion with my mother of my sister actually being my dads only because of her ability to see things. My sister every now and again since the Indian ceremony incident has seen things. She has seen a little girl crying, a small cat and she says that she sees a man with a black and gold uniform on.

I would like some input on what might be going on with her. Thanks and hope you enjoyed!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennifertorres, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

kitty (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-08)
i did enjoy and that would be really scary!
I would run away and never come back if that happened to me! 😨
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
I would like to correct something I said it is scary being a medium well it is the first few times you experince seeing ghosts and hearing things. But I want you to know that you and your sister are not alone. On those two web sites I gave you in the search boxes type in mediums or you can even google it. I hope I was helpful.
ghostreader1000 (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
I am Mike. And I am a medium that means I see spirits, orbs all that. Well it seems like to me that your sister is a medium. Try looking for information on the internet about mediums. The fact that your sister sees these ghosts is not uncommon. Sometimes spirits only want answers and nothing more. Sometimes they do not realize that they are no longer living and wonder why they are stuck in between two worlds. It is scary being a medium I know it was for me but I have gotten use to it though at times I still get a little jumpy when things happen.

You may want to check out www.ghosthunters.com or www.supernatrual,com

You can also look up someone to contact who has years of experince un dealing with
Supernatrual experinces. I hope all goes
Well with your sister.

But on that note I want to leave you with one phrase I came up with and have always
Used:Knowledge is power but the power of
Knowledge is a power within itself use it
Wisely and gain from it for if true knowledge is what you seek the answers are out there seek them out and you will come to
Terms of the knowledge you seek and the power you want to understand
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
I have not read the other comments, so if this is repetitive, please disregard.

It really doesn't matter who she belongs to, her senses, abilities and feelings are her own. They will develop or stay the same, she will be individualized.

I would say the most important aspect to dealing with this issue and loving your sister is to nurture her. Do not tell her she is making things up and let her express her self. If indeed she has the ability (or lack there of) to see and deal with encounters and entities, it will come of its own accord and she should feel free to elaborate and discuss what ever is on her mind.

I have had so many experiences since about 5 years old and was told so many times to stop imagining things, I was having vivid dreams, stop playing with imaginary friends, etc. That there were many years where I felt I had no one to turn to and talk to. Don't let that happen to your sister.

God Bless!
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
it seems from stories I have read and programs on tv that I have watched that children are much more likely to see/sense things because they're so pure and innocent and haven't been told by the world that some things are not possible. I think your sister can see people and that she's handling it the right way by telling the indian man to leave when she gets scared. From your story it doesn't seem as if she's in danger and I hope that she never is. Some children seem to stop seeing things as they get older because they just simply stop believing--like kids stop believing in santa clause or the easter bunny. But maybe your sister is different. Maybe she will see things forever
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Wow very interesting story you sharred with us. Thank you for sharring it. I have to say children can see more then adults. I do believe that your sister is gifted. But she most learn not to fear her gift. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
No problem.

I was born and raised in Houston... (Spring Branck area... Last class of Spring Branch High 1985 😆)

The info I posted was from the first couple of sites that came up when I did a search on Goggle. Kennard, Tx is Southeast of Dallas and North and a bit East of Houston. The Caddo area was marked on the map I saw as running from Houston (ish) Along Interstate 45 in the West, up to the Red River, then East to the Louisianna border, South to the coast and Southwest back towards Houston (ish).

Please keep us posted with anything you find out or if anything happens at Thanksgiving.

Respectfully,

Rook
jennifertorres (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Well her grandparents live in Kennard, TX. That is about an hour drive northeast of Huntsville (yes, where we execute people, but this is not the time nor place)...at least I think it's northeast of Huntsville. I am trying to find a map so I can include it... But rookdygin, that was some truly helpful info! Thanks!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
The Caddo were farmers who lived in East Texas. There were two main groups of the Caddo in Texas. One major Caddo tribe was the Kadohadacho. The Kadohadacho lived in large villages along the Red river near the present day Oklahoma - Arkansas border. The other was the Tejas or Hasinais Caddo who lived around present day Nacogdoches. In fact, modern Nacogdoches is built on top of one of the largest of the old Hasinai villages. (and yes Texas gets it's name from Tejas... It means Those who are friend's in the Caddo language.

The black and gold uniform could be that of a US Army Officer during the US/Indian or the Spanish American Wars. (Junior and Senior Officer's Frock coat.

There is probably a lot more, but this is what a quick search turns up. Hope it may help in some way.

Respectfully,

Rook
jennifertorres (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Yeah, she's handled it well, I would really like to start asking questions about the land up there. We are going for Thanksgiving, and I would like to ask her where she saw the Indians at but I do not want to scare her at all. As far as being gifted, like I said she see's other things, but not a lot, like I don't know if she tunes in when she wants or how all that goes. I have asked my dad what my grandma was able to see and he did say that she could see the dead... Anyway if anyone has more advice or help that would be awesome!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
Being from Texas which I'm sure had it's share of Indians it's not a wonder your sister is seeing this if she is also gifted which seems to be the case. I don't know what a black and gold uniform would represent but I will have to google it and see if I come up with anything. I wonder what the Indian was trying to tell her? Also may help to do some research into what tribes were maybe once in the area of her grandparents residence. Like I have always said I don't know if this is a curse or a gift but what an experience for a 7 year old and I think she has handled it with aplomb.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-09)
We all are given gifts. Some are able to "see things"...some can feel them, and the rest? They go about their daily activities too busy to care about the things of the supernatural. Who can say where and what your family history means. You can do a lot of searching out there, and still come up with few answers. You may never know the answers you seek, but it doesn't take away the experience. What an interesting story. Thanks for sharing...Blessings, Ghostseer

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: