You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Gym Incident

Real Ghost Stories

The Gym Incident

 

I used to be a cheerleader for High School in an American School (South Korea). We usually went to one of our rival schools on a Friday, had a game on Friday afternoon, slept in their gym then had another game the next morning on Saturday. So we went to one our rival schools one weekend.

After the game during the afternoon on Friday, we set up our bed area with our personal sleeping bags in the middle of the gym floor. The gym had multiple basketball hoops.

The night soon fell and we were all sound asleep. I woke up because I heard someone dribbling a basketball across the court. I looked around and I didn't see anything. I just figured I was hearing things, so I went back to sleep.

I heard another basketball being dribbled, so I woke up again. I looked around once more, and this time, I saw a boy about the same age as me, holding a basketball and staring at me. I was startled by his cold, angry, yet sad look. I gasped, ruffled the sleeping bag and blinked my eyes. I opened my eyes again and the boy was no longer seen.

The next morning, I met up with one of my friend from the rival school and shared this experience with her.

She asked me to describe his physical appearance, and I did the best to my memory.

She stared at me silently for about a minute then told me about a boy who matched my description from the school who committed suicide three days ago.

Other hauntings by chloe14

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chloe14, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shadowphil13 (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
When a person commits suicide, they would return to that same spot as a ghost filled with remorse. This is a common type of haunting of which you've seen a ghost who ended his own life. I hope that kid moves on.
chloe14 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
pinkroses,

I did not find out anything more. I tried looking up the incident on google, but there were none. But then again, it was a DoDD school and the media hides the negative things. I don't think I could spend the night again. Thank goodness, it was the last away game at that school.

Ghostseer,

Thanks for the information. It's very interesting. I will look into your stories this weekend.

Crazygirl101,

My friend told me he wasn't bullied. But he didn't have many friends. He actually asked this one girl out before ending his life, but she rejected him.

KimSouthO,

I wish I knew the real cause of his suicide, but no one seems to know. He didn't leave any letters or messages. I do hope he finds peace.

Thanks all for reading, and I'm sorry about the late reply. I just figured they would send me notifications to my e mail when someone comments on my stories, but they don't! Hahaha. But now that I know they don't, I'll check this often.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
What a sad and pointless way for some one to go, by taking their own life. Unfortunately these individuals feel such desperation and hopelessness that they feel this is the only answer to their suffering.

I do hope this young man finds the strength and hope he is looking for to be able to cross over and find some peace.

I will say a prayer for him and all of the lost souls that have felt no way out and are wandering aimless between the two planes.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

God Bless!
crazygirl101 (20 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
maybe he was always bullied that's why he could have been sad. Amazing that you saw him though. If a boy commited suicide at my school then I would not have come back lol
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Suicide is always a sad destination, especially for one so young. I bet you were freaked out upon seeing the ghostly image. It's hard to be able to see and hear strange things that don't appear to be there. I bet that because his life was ended so short, it is a bit of his residual image left behind. He might not have been looking at you in sadness and anger, it could have been one of his last memories before taking his life. These memories imprint themselves into the environment. Thereby calling it a residual haunting, Blessings, Ghostseer (you can read more answers about residual hauntings on my web page). Hope my answer helped you.
pinkroses (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Whoa, that's pretty scary. Sad for the boy though. Did you ever find out anymore about this story. Anything else about this young boy? Do you think you could ever spend the night there again if you have to? Also, I wonder why you were the only one chosen to hear and see him. Interesting story. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: