You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Playing A Game

Real Ghost Stories

Playing A Game

 

Before I begin, I don't want to hear any comments telling me I did something stupid or that I SHOULD NEVER EVER DO THIS. It's just spamming and a waste of time and space. Secondly, my name seems to be a relatively important part of this story, so for anyone who hasn't seen my profile, it's Robby Harkins (It doesn't matter to me... You can't find me on the net). Third, Some names have been changed. Chelsie and Vickie are the only ones that are real. Now, let's begin.

It had been a long night. I was visiting my sister in Illinois, and we had to babysit her half-siblings all day. Finally, after getting them into bed (we thought), Chelsie suggested that we try the Ouija board. I was nervous, never having tried one before, and simply thinking of them as divining tools that a lot of people use incorrectly.*

When I had calmed down, I agreed to it, but only after getting six light colored candles (most of them were white, the rest were light blue), praying over Chelsie, the room, and myself blessing just about everything there was to bless (even the board and pointer), and reading some passages out of the Bible (Including the Lord's Prayer). I arranged the six candles in a circle around us. We were sitting on the floor. I set two Bibles open to two passages. I remember that one was Psalms 23. I only remember that the other one was in Matthew.

Before we got started, a knock came pounding on the door. We jumped. It was really Chelsie's little brother. "Can I come in? I want to see! Let me in! I'm telling Mom!" We yelled at him and he finally left. With that all said and done, we began our Ouija session.

We said in greeting, for we wished to talk to a specific angel, "We greet the angels around us happily, and we expel demons from us." a few times. It works for me when I use regular divining tools, specifically dowsing rods. I had no idea that that wasn't going to cut it. We proceeded to request the audience of the angel we wanted to speak to. Within a minute the pointer began to move. Just slightly, as if to center itself on the starting point. We proceeded to ask it questions, starting with things only one of us would know. I asked, "Do you mind if we ask a few questions to prove that you're real?" The pointer moved fast, so fast that Chelsie's fingers started to slide off of it a little bit, and immediately, to YES.

"Okay, what was my first dog's name?" Chelsie began.

GUFUS

"Oh my gosh, that was really close. His name was Dufus."

"Alright, now you know phone numbers, correct?" I questioned.

YES

"Could you tell me Chelsie's mom's phone number?"

YES

And it proceeded to spell out some numbers. We wrote them down afterwards. Chelsie began to take her hand off of the planchette. "You're moving this."

"I swear I'm not. I'm just as mystified as you are!"

"Quit lying. I've done the Ouija board before several times with my friend. It's never ever started working this fast. My friends and I always wait at least an hour, and even then it moves slow. You HAVE to be pushing it. There's no way it could possibly move this fast."

We ended our session after that.

We went downstairs and shared our findings with Chelsie's mom. We compared the phone numbers. Once again, they weren't exact matches, but close. Her mom started trying to use the microwave... It had completely gone out. What's more, it had been working just before Chelsie and I had begun our session, and it worked perfectly the next morning and never gave us any more issues the rest of the time.

The next night we did it again. By that time, I had convinced Chelsie to be more open-minded about the experience. She had agreed, and we followed the same procedure as the night before. This time we asked the same spirit, and yes, we could tell it was the same one, some more questions. I asked him, "Do you have any words of advice for me?" Once again, it moved extremely quickly and immediately

HAJWKL987

"Do you have any advice for Chelsie?"

HAVE TOO MUH FFFUSS ROBBY YELLS I WILL WJX I YEJ

I knew they were different words, because the planchette would pause between each word.

We eventually found out that there were two of them that we were speaking to.

One of them said their name was YIXLY XAFFHER and the other said GABRIEL OKIHKURIX.

So we ended our talking session around midnight and again brought our findings to Chelsie's mom. Now, we had all of the lights off upstairs in Chelsie's room and there was only one room between there and the stairs. The stairs came out right next to the kitchen, and there weren't supposed to be any lights on in there.

Chelsie's mom was in one of the kids' rooms, and got up when she saw us. We tried turning the kitchen light on... But the power was out. The power next door, which is visible from the kitchen window, was on. Their porch lights, house lights, and everything. All on. We looked out the window on the opposite side of the house, and ALL of the lights from there on were totally out. Porch lights, house lights, even some street lights were out. It was just a line of dead houses. In two hours, the kitchen lights came on, as well as the rest of the lights that were off in the neighborhood. Just to assure you, the weather was clear for that day and the one following. There HAD been a storm the day before, but the weather had long since cleared up by then and was clear ALL that day and the next. The next day was normal. Then we decided to do it again.

To be continued in my next story.

*Yes, I know much more than I used to about them.

Other hauntings by Jfreekao

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jfreekao, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

avenged90 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I really sunk into this story. I have never tried a Ouija board, but I really would like to someday, I'm going to continue reading on 2 and then post my thoughts there =]
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-23)
you should NEVER... Haha, just kidding. I've never tried a ouija board but I'm not going to lie and say I'm not curious about it.
I see what you mean about the lights going off down the street, it definatly seems like more than a coincidence that it stopped (or started) at the house you were in.
Bizzare, great story though, now to read number 2 😉
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Wow, that was a very interesting experience. I've never heard of anyone contacting an angel before. Or is it really an angel. Do you think it's lying and maybe it's a demon or something?
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Oh, I forgot about the question about the spirit. Okay, so you've done the board before. Have you ever gotten a certain "mood" from something, a feeling, an atmosphere emanating from the board. Well, that thing happened. It was weak the first night, because Chelsie was so, "You're being so stupid. This isn't even real. You're pushing it." But it was there. And it was there the same way, and stronger the second night. Then, when the second one started talking, the atmosphere changed. Not a negative change, just different. As for what brought it in, the second night, after our session, I theorized that the Ouija board acts as a spiritual magnet, and that a bunch of spirits were attracted to it (from a believer's standpoint, causing the power outages in the kitchen and in the neighborhood), possibly moreso because of how quickly and well divining tools work for me. I don't know if it's 100% true, and I'm not putting all of my faith in such an answer, I used the dowsing rods, and confirmed my theory. (Again, the outages and weird happenings could be coincidence). Such a magnetism probably brought the second spirit in.
Jfreekao (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Not at all! Happy to answer them!
Okay, Chelsie, during the proceedings, was sitting doing nothing. I suggested that she help, however, you can't make a horse drink from water. She found one of the passages from the Bible (the one in Matthew) and read it out loud.
As for the kitchen appliances, we pressed a whole bunch of the buttons, every number, every setting, END, ENTER, every button. I really don't know any other way to "test" the power on a microwave. Then we tried the toaster. We pushed the lever down, and it wasn't working. We unplugged it, plugged it back in, and it still wouldn't work. Within 30 minutes, if I forgot to mention it above, the appliances' power came on.
The next night, when ALL the power went off, it was off as far as we could see. Chelsie's neighborhood isn't on a block. It's a rather small town, and all of the houses are lined up on a street, you know, in a town there's always that one long street with three way intersections? Well, that's how that street was. Again, it was as far as the eye could see in one direction, and the power outage stopped at her house. I've never had the oh-so-wonderful experience of having a squirrel chew through the power lines, so I dunno. We didn't call the power company, because the electric bills had been paid and, as I've said, it was a small town, and it was about midnight. There wasn't even a ballpark in the vicinity, so I doubt it was a power overload or something. Whatever the reason, even if it was a coincidence, it was freaky, because we could even see the neighbor's lights on.
As for the "cheap shot," Part 2 will make up for it. I'll finish writing it in the morning.

Thanks.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Well, I (underlined several times) am certainly not going to tell you that you should not have used a Ouija board. Who am I to say that when I have used them myself?
Something caught my attention. I hope you remember how I work 😉, and are not offended by my questions.
Chelsie. What the heck was SHE doing while you were blessing the proceedings and gathering all of the candles and whatnot's?
What kinds of tests did you do to the microwave to see why it would not work THAT night?
You say that the next night you could tell that you were speaking with the same spirit. Would you mind explaining how? And were you given a reason for this entity to bring along a friend? Or did the second being just wander in?
The ENTIRE block, in the one direction, was completely out of electricity? Was the electric company phoned to see what the issue was? Any chance of a squirrel or some other critter frying itself, and taking out the current to those particular houses?

Oh, and "cheap shot" on the To Be Continued...
BAD form. 😆
Thank you. 😊
essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
That's funny. I thought you could only use a Ouija board to contact ghosts and spirits, not angels to. Do you do that often?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: