You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Nikki: Dead, Not Gone

Real Ghost Stories

Nikki: Dead, Not Gone

 

My cousin Nikki was, and is, my best friend. She was like a sister to me. She was the classic teenager; Gothic but won't admit it, into the much older, dangerous guys. If fact, that is what led to her death. A drunken boyfriend driving her home, and hitting a speed bump at 80 mph.

It all started October 9, 2007. The reason I have it so well remembered is that that was the day my cousin Nikki died. I had been playing with my brother when I found out.

When my mom told me, I ran to my room and sobbed my heart out. When I calmed down, I heard her. I heard Nikki. "Do not cry, Becky, I'm still here. Sleep now." She had whispered in my ear.

I didn't hear from her for a while, and I convinced myself it was a dream. How very wrong that was. It was more than a week later, and I was hanging out with my friend, who we will call Jewel.

We were walking into the playroom when I saw her. She was a faint out line, as if made from dust, and I put my arm out stopping Jewel. "Go back to my room." "Why?" But seeing my expression, he fled, with me right on his heels.

When we got to my room, I told Jewel what had happened. He suggested that we Google ghosts. We came up with nothing, mostly because I spelled ghost wrong.

Jewel suggested that we go to his house, so we did, if only to get away from our terror. We were sitting on his bed, watching TV, when I heard a long sigh and felt a cold blast of air. I gasped, and Jewel, being as jumpy as he is, nearly fell off the bed. I updated him and we searched for an AC, but all we found that might be the source was a fan, which was off at the time.

That was the last I heard of her until we moved. I will write more later on.

Any suggestions?

Other hauntings by Piro

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Piro, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Im very sorry for your loss. It is always sad to say goodbye to the ones we love. Thank you for sharring this story with us. Its nice to hear that Nicki wanted to say goodbye. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
It may be she is having trouble moving on from her comment "i am still here" and then you say you heard a long her sigh and a cold blast of air. I will to await your next submission as Rhodes said the story is not complete.
SlyGemini10 (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Hey, it could be your cousin. A lot of times when a family member dies, they come back to haunt their loved ones, but not usually in a terrifying way. Spirits form apparitions and do things like cause sounds and move objects to let us know they are there. It could be that she wants to communicate with you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
"I'm still here..." could mean I'm about to cross but it can also point towards Nikki's refusal to go due to her unfulfilled time here on earth. You heard her again after your move meaning she's still here or just paying visits?

I'm waiting for your next submission as I feel that the whole story is not yet told.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
What is to suggest?...I think you should treasure her memory, and honor her by becoming all the things she respected in you. She came to say goodbye. Our loved ones try very hard to let us know they are ok when they pass on. Smile, when you remember her, and move forward, Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-11)
Hi It may be her when you say you hear a sigh... It may have been her I believe so Like your subject say dead but not gone that true I believe so. If you and her are close then yes she there for you I did had a close cousin that I haven't seen along times.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: