You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sparkes Road's Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Sparkes Road's Ghost

 

This happened one night in my home on the north side of Brisbane. It was November 2005 and quite warm, to hot for a shirt. I was watching the first episode of that supernatural series on TV.

Nature called so I made use of an add break. When I got back to the lounge room the light above the TV was flickering and seemed like the starter had died. (It is an energy saving fluro). I didn't think much of it. I went to turn it off but it wasn't on. So I turned it on. It worked! I switched it off to see what happened and for about 15seconds it kept flickering.

I then got chills all over, it became incredibly cold. I could feel every hair on my body. I've never seen the hairs on my arms stand up like that. Not knowing what to think or do, I just asked if it was watching the show, trying not to show fear.

My two dogs started going crazy soon after. Their barks that night sounded different to when there's a cat out the front or someone at the door.

As soon as the show finished I got on my bike to go and tell my parents what happened. On a bend roughly halfway there I got about one hundred metres from a street light and it went out only to light up again when I was under it. The exact light on the way back to my house went out again, pretty much the same distance I was when heading to my parents. Then lit up when I was under it again. I was freezing in the heat.

I hardly slept a wink that night and couldn't think straight for the next couple of weeks. I don't tell many people this for fear of them thinking I'm nuts.

This was the first time I'd noticed strange things happening in that house. Since then a lot of weird stuff has happened there. My housemate fully doesn't understand either what's going on. It plays with him now.

He has heard a woman's voice talking right behind him while he was in bed. While I was lying in bed I have felt something crawl across my bed and sit on my pelvis. I could feel weight but nothing was visible. I was wide awake.

It is very relieving to hear others stories. It's nearly sent me crazy.

Anything is possible to me now. And there is now no doubt in my mind Jesus didn't exist.

W

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dylan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

stc1991 (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-06)
Hi,

I have just come across this post. I am aware I am 7 years late on this thread lol and I was wondering if the street you live on is called Sparkes Road or not? (without sounding stupid- wasn't sure if you meant the title of the supernatural episode lol)
I live on the north side of brisbane and used to live on a street adjacent to a road called Sparkes road when I lived with my parents still
If this is in fact the rd you are talking about... There have been a couple deaths on that very street in the last 10 years. A girl from my school (when I was still at school) collapsed on sparkes rd on her way to school and died there. She had something wrong with her heart, I think. And the local catholic primary school had a show a few years ago, some fireworks went wrong and killed a woman. I am not making any of this up. I can see sparkes rd from my parents front gate. I used to have to walk on sparkes road to get to work and I recall a few uneasy feelings but put that down to having to walk by myself at night. I always forget about those two deaths that happened there.
dylan (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
I've had nearly 2 months to think about it all again. When the light in the living room started to flicker the ads were on. In that ad break a brief preview of the news came up. Basiclly what was going to be on after the show. About the time it started the news was reporting about a local politician who was retiring from politics due to the fact he was diagnosed with depression and that he was man enough to admit it and that he needed help. Maybe it was telling me I was depressed (which I knew).
My main love and passion in life is music. I've played guitar since I was 13 or 14 I can't remember. Maybe they want to be known about more and want me to write a song about them. Maybe they like hanging around listening to the music I create. I play nearly everyday. Sometimes all night until sun up.
They had left me alone for awile but after writing this event down, sharing my story and reading others it's been back.
I have recently quit a band because they are too negetive for my liking. When we would practice downstairs in my jam room my house mate rekoned he could here a female singing in the background. We had a male singer. I could occaisionally hear it to.
If the singer couldn't make it to the jam, it still sounded like the words were being sung. I don't know if I was hereing it subconciously. Because I can here what the bass and drums could be doing to ocompany my tunes on guitar.

Hope you all had a great new years.

Dylan
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Dylan----I guess the series title is--Sparkes Road's Ghost...? Just looked up at the 1st paragraph and title of your story again.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Hi Dylan,

The flickering lights, cold chills and upset dogs represent too much activity to pass as coincidence. Seems you're being targeted for attention by some type of spirit that appears to be non-threatening.

The sitting on your pelvis is peculiar to the whole account in that it was a very personal kind of contact.
Yoga teachings outline a number of chakra zones of the human body.
The pelvic region houses the sexual chakra or energy zone of the human body according to these teachings.
Succubus? That's possible. Further contact will reveal a clearer possibility or certainty about that.

Try to stay calm; perhaps you can communicate with your visitor.
Can you think of any reason, perhaps a home history, why a spirit would be drawn to you or to your home?
And what supernatural series were you watching when this started to happen?
Any incidents similar to those you describe contained in the series?

Thanks for posting your story.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
That last paragraph just gets to me, Dylan.
I DO hope that it means that to you the impossible is now achievable. And that the things you once thought too preposterous to ponder are now worthy of thought.
Your tale is not a new one. And this "road" you travel has been wandered down a few times. It is not easy, and oft times it is confusing and frustrating. It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, though. How are you handling this emotionally? (You DO NOT have to answer that here.)
There is just something here that I can not quite pinpoint. Something that seems to be pulling a string in the back of my mind, but I can not find the end to that string.
Peace, to you.
Thank you for sharing this.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Interesting story, very interesting, I will however wait for you to post your nxt story as I feel I need to know a bit more. What does your friend encounter. I don't know why but I thought you were a Buddhist for some reason. Dont worry to much about religion comments, each to their own.

Ghostseer

We all have our own beliefs, so your comment
"You haven't seen anything yet IF you truly believe Christ doesn't exist" is a bit uncalled for, don't you think. Respect evry religion, you believe in Christ, others believe in OM, some in Allah.
dylan (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
An animal spirit sounds interesting. I have a cat tattoed on my chest because it's like I have nine lives. One thing I have noticed that is strange, is that all three male dogs I've owned in my life tend to have the same personality and do identical things.

After reading the stories on this site I thought it could be a succubi too. What ever they are I'm not scared of them and I wonder if it was trying to tell me something.

Thanks for the responses, I will send in some facts about some of the freaky things that have happened in my street. I will also try and get evidence, I don't know how, but will try. Like many on this site I have more stories and theories to share.

Take care.
dylan (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
I am so sorry people have misunderstood me. I'm not great at communicating. But I'm better then average at maths. I always get misinterpreted. Jesus did exist is what I meant. I believe Budda definatly did too, Allah also.

Tibet has the oldest history books on this earth and it was noted about the right time that a man named Jesus walked through there. He was such a great man that the stories of him could be slightly exaggerated.

I too dislike religion. I think it has been alted buy greedy kings and rulers over time. I don't believe in heaven as a place but more as a state of mind.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
That's definitely creepy... It sounds like something was there, but it doesn't seem to be harmful. It may be trying to get your attention. Possibly a cat, or an animal spirit of sorts? I've heard that the EMF around spirits tends to play with electrical things. I don't believe in Jesus either, so don't worry about getting a preachy rundown from me.:)

Blessings,

DA
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
You haven't seen anything yet IF you truly believe Christ doesn't exist. There is a war between good and evil going on in this world. I have seen it first hand, and although I do not believe in organized religion, I do believe in God, and Jesus Christ. I have been protected and watched over-more times than I can remember. Our world is NOT the Physical world. Our SOULS are housed within these flesh and bones, and we are here... On planet earth, experiencing life, and hopefully evolving into stronger, more complete... SPIRITUAL bodies. True, you are not alone in experiencing the paranormal, but you must look at the full picture. The dark hates the light, and our Souls are targets for the dark. Don't get lost in the journey. Don't lose your Soul within the negativity. We are talking about eternity, not the short term human life. I have been experiencing the paranormal-supernatural, my entire life. I started a website to help people like yourself. It is a website dedicated to the paranormal, and the things we go through. Go to my questions and answers page on my website, maybe you will find some answers to help you in your nightly attacks. Ghost-e.com

Blessings, Ghostseer
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Ah, I don't believe Christ or much of any religion exists either, in my mind. Maybe, this is a succubus? I am probablly wrong though. It seems more like a poltergeist, but we have many of those, don't we? Why don't you try the usual method? Get this and that and such. Then record some things, and uploade it and try finding some proof, then uploade it publicly. I wish you good luck!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
I can understand having experiences you can't explain logically especially if one's not looking for a rational explanation but how exactly did you come to the conclusion that Christ didn't exist? I'm not trying to defend religion-it's up to the individual to believe in something or nothing-I'm just trying to understand what made you come to this conclusion.

Thanks

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: