You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Bedroom Frights

Real Ghost Stories

Bedroom Frights

 

I think I will get straight to the point with this. I was simply tidying my room up, after my brother (who is 8 years old) completely trashed the room. I had put his Darth Vader helmet on top of my wardrobe right at the back near the wall when I noticed that my drawer was open. Now I had not recalled ever opening it. Shrugging, I walked over to it and closed it. At this point a door from down stairs had slammed shut. I thought that it was the dog (who actually head butts doors to shut them), but realized that my parents had taken him for a walk. I knew that my brother could not have done it as he was with my parents.

I then thought that maybe a burglar had gotten in the house. So wielding my brothers light saber, I bravely walked toward my bedroom door, when my the Darth Vader helmet fell on my head. This was freaking me out at this point, as I knew that could not fall off the wardrobe (because I had placed it right at the back). Thinking that the best idea was to call my parents, I ran downstairs (still wielding the light saber), I ran to the phone. Strangely, I noticed that no one was here. Just at that moment, my bedroom door slammed shut. Scared out of my mind, I ran out side into my back garden. I looked up at my window at saw the shadow of a man, he looked about 6'4.

Staring with disbelief at this shadow and thinking again that it was a burglar, I ran into the house to my room. The shadow had gone. I then checked, thinking that he was hiding somewhere in the house, every single room in the house.

I could not find anything. At this point, definitely scared out of my mind, I ran back out of the house (luckily my parents had returned). They asked me why I was running. I told them that I had seen a shadow of a man in my window. They told me that I was just playing, and told me to continue tidying my room.

If anyone can explain what happened please tell me (I'm no ghost expert).

Other hauntings by Nexus997

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nexus997, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Bluejayyforestgurl (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
Maybe this spirit used to live in your house and was murdered or just died and his spirit it still on earth... Your house. Maybe he's just hanging around... But I doubt it seeing as he was playing with you with the door and helmet.
I'm not ghost expert either, but try placing holy items in your house or find past house haunting records, it may have a history of past hauntings. Experts can also try and rid you of the spirit using holy and peaceful methods.
As we can see, he is able to move items so I wouldn't provoke him or anger him because you never know what items he could move or possess. GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND:)
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
If nothing else happened then you have nothing to worry about. I'm thinking that the apparition in your house is a poltergeist. Keep on rockin' the light saber! 😉
Mathy (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
haha. I think you are brave enough to enter the house even after you saw the shadow. Only the 'experts' can do it.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
I really enjoyed reading your story, I to have to say I found it funny when you grabbed you light saber to confront what you thought to be a burglar. It must have freaked you when dath vaders helmet fell as well, Maybe the showdow in the window was dath vader coming to pick his hat up 😆 sorry had to crack that one. But seriously have you had any other occurances?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
hi he may be from your house where it use to be ridentside where you live or so you might need to look up who use to live in it before ya'll live there.
Ahimsa (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
I have to say that you were really brave to run back into the house after you saw that shadow of a man inside, I would definitely be running very fast in the other direction. 😨 I also had to laugh when you said you went to confront the possible burgler with your brother's light saber, but I guess it's better than nothing!
vryce12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Having a entity there can be very unusual especially not knowing what it is or trying to figure it out, and darn right scaring you. Like the others said try to communicate with it be very careful of NOT to provoke the spirit as this will increase activity and it will draw more fear upon you. Also check your surroundings around you if anything else could be making any sounds. Also talk to your parents and your brother if they after a period goes by if they have had an unusual experience. Alot of times it occurs when someone is alone in the house. Be very brave and calm when events happen and try to observe details. I hope this helps you out. Good luck
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
If he wasn't invited into your home, tell him so. Do not let fear overtake you. This is what gives them the power to become stronger, bother you even more. Ghostseer. Write me for more detailed instructions if he becomes a nightmare to you. Blessings, Ghostseer
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Lol! Just an encounter witha poltergeist. No need to be afraid, they like to try to scare you for fun though! Next time something odd happens, just ask a few questions and record them if you can. Try buying a recorder at some store, and then play back your questions. You'll be surprised to hear a voice reply, if he isn't too shy. Ask the usual questions, give some time, ect. Ask your brother if he ever heard or saw or felt anything weird. He might have experinced some things too. Try helping the shadowman/poltergeist to move on. I hope this helps, good luck and blessings!
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Cool,some ghost trying to freak you out. You have to be careful with poltergeists, and don't try to make them angry.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: