You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Voice In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

A Voice In My Room

 

I wrote this on 10/29/08 (site was down, updating). To preface this story I need to back up a bit. For the past several days I've had a visitor. I haven't written a story about it because there hasn't really been anything happening other than the feelings of it being there. Saturday night was particularly tough though because it was taunting me for several hours.

It has found a home in "MY" bedroom, so I've been sleeping on the couch or in the spare bedroom. That night it must have found humor in moving back and forth down the hallway in front of the spare bedroom. To my knowledge it never came in (while I was awake), just kept moving back and forth.

The next night I stood in the kitchen facing my bedroom. All of the lights were out, with the exception of the light from the TV in the living room. I could feel it watching me from "MY" bedroom. I was fixing a bowl of cereal getting ready to watch a movie. After standing there, staring at the bedroom, looking for some glow or vapor or something, I came up with an idea. With the plastic spoon in my hand (I hate doing dishes) I decided to heave it forward towards it. I figured it was light enough that maybe this spirit or whatever would have enough energy to catch it or slow it from falling.

I told it what I was going to do. I wasn't aggressive I wasn't too forward. I was talking in a calm voice to try to add comfort (and scaring the crap out of myself at the same time). I just knew it was going to catch it and I would fall out on the floor. But, it didn't. In fact, I bet it was probably laughing its non-visible butt off. So I said a few words, like screw you (maybe a little worse than that), then gathered my bowl and watched my movie. Surprisingly enough it didn't bother me the rest of that night.

Now we're caught up. Last night while getting ready for sleep in the spare bedroom (yep, it's still hanging around in "MY" bedroom) I began to hear voices (I'm so glad no one knows who I am). However, the voices are not talking to me. They seem to be talking to each other or others. There is a male and a female. They actually sound professional (business type voice, TV anchors, etc.). The volumes of the voices were very low. I was literally straining trying to make out the words. I'm not even positive it was English. The conversation lasted about 2 minutes and disappeared. As soon as I heard them I remembered hearing them earlier in the week, Monday I think. I didn't think much of it then because it didn't last long and I'm sure I was tired.

OK, Let's assess:

I have 3 TVs and 2 PCs in the house (you wouldn't think I lived alone), and all of them were off. Rule them out, maybe, I'll explain below.

The closest neighbor lives 100 yards away. The closest neighbor at home lives 300 yards away. The closest neighbor awake would probably be miles. Rule them out.

The only channels I have are local (no cable or satellite). At this time of morning, around 3am - 4am, no news on. Why do I bring this up? Good question.

When I was a child my brother, my sister, and I had a Mickey Mouse record player. When you put your finger in the right spot (touching both wires under the arm near the needle) you could pick up a local AM station. How you ask? Excellent question. If you know, tell me cause I still haven't figured that one out. Anyhow, I was trying to think of everything. My thought being, just because the TVs and PCs don't have anything on the screen doesn't mean they can't still be on (there is still power going to them). I know I'm reaching. But that's what I try to do, find the most reasonable answer first.

I haven't asked it or them to leave. As long as things continue as they have the last few days, I don't mind them being there. With the exception of Saturday, it has been more like having a new cat. It will let you know it's there, but won't come out and play yet. It's been several months since anything like this has happened, so I kind of want it to stay a bit.

I sure would like to figure out how to communicate with it though. Any ideas are welcome because I sure would like "MY" room back.

Other hauntings by Rodney

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rodney, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-27)
strange story. Hope that works out.
The technician's post seemed to make sense, although I never thought in a milion years a PC that was turned OFF could submit sounds, but seems that's been proven wrong below.
As for the ghost box, I've used one a few times, and of all the methods of communication it's one I stll am not sure of, despite having seemingly accurate responses for a long time with 1 attempt.
The problem with that is you sometimes tend to miss irrelivant words until a relivant answer appears.
But well, you know - don't be scared. It seems that its maybe as curious of you as you are of it - if that feeling you have of being watched is from a spirit.
TC!
slfew1 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-26)
I've heard of a ghost box it is really a radio that flips through AM channels well what you do is say something to the (ghost) and listen to the ghost box and somehow someway it will talk back to you through the radio (ghost box) and there you can talk to them but do understand using a ghost box opens a passage way to your home so there is a chance you chould get rid of them but at the same time you chould let more in.
Shaz101 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-07)
This was interesting but also Very eerie... 😨 But you migt have just made an explanation that was easier instead of maybe hearing TV Anchors... But its just an idea.
SkAlArIaK (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
Hi,

I can't really give you an explanation or advice related to this spirit. However I could give you a good explanation for the voices (which could help explain the record player thingy)

I am helpdesk technician and have quite a lot of experience with IT equipment, and so on. And their is a very big chance of getting AM and in some cases FM interference with speakers on HiFi equipment or desktop PC's (I don't seem to have had the experience with any Macs or laptop PC's) However it has happened a lot and it's nothng strange, just poor quality wiring. Try unplugging the speakers and see if it continues next time you hear it. It may happen sometimes whilst not other due to the way the actual radio waves reach the speakers as many things can attract them such as magnetic fields or simply the wind.

Hope it kind of explained hehe I'm not good at explaining myself, sorry.

Good luck:)
Rodney (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
-Surya-
Thanks for the comment.
I'm trying to talk to it, or them. Not getting anywhere. I will keep trying though.
I don't think the 2 voices are connected, but I can't match them up with anythng else. They only lasted a little more than a minute maybe. I would think if it is smoething in the house (PC, TV, Stereo) it would not end after a couple of minutes. In addition, I've only heard it twice. I am soo good at figuring things like this (2 voices) out, but I can't for the life of me come up with anything that makes since. I'm laying on the bed, not interacting with anything, touching anything and it starts, then stops. I have CSI'd this thing to death. Tonith, said someting about cb's. This is the only thing that makes since. The interstate is about a mile away, truck driver has his cb maxed out with watts, he keys up and throws huge waves at my pc, a wire near the board vibrates just right and make a connection to a local AM station, transfers the audio through the beep speaker (when you cut the pc on and off, not the exterior speakers) giving me the very light volume, then after he has traveled a mile or so he is out of range hince the voices stop.
As for getting my room back, I'm going to crash there tonight and see what happens. It's been awful quiet the past couple days. Maybe it's tired of my singing in the shower and has moved on. I ask for request before I get in so it's not my fault, lol.
Thanks again,
:-D
Rodney (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
-whitebuffalo-
Thanks for the comment. Good to hear from you again.
In regards to the "Test", I don't know what made me think to do that, it just came to me and I had to try it. You should hear some of the things I say to it. I guess to help me keep the fear down on my end, I try to be funny sometimes. It helps calm me. I'll ask it if it's naked, and if so, if it would kindly put on some clothes or a sheet and come back later. I'll ask it to swich to Verizon because the signal is too weak for me to hear it.
If it is gone now, it may be months or longer before I get another visitor. Even though it can scare the crap out of me at the time, I get to missing it when it's gone. Call me crazy. Maybe one day I find the right combination for communication. But for now I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, trying not to tick it off. I do not want to see what all it could do if it was pissed at me.
Thanks again,
:-D
Rodney (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
-Tonith-
Thanks for the comment.
You are soo right. He could at least clean up a bit while I'm at work, lol. I really don't mind it being in that room. The bed in the spare room actually is a little more comfortable. The thing I was worried about is not being able to sleep if it desided to get active (breathing on me, pulling at the covers, basically taunting me all night). So far, other than the night it kept moving back and forth down the hall, it has actually been somewhat quiet. I still go into the room when I know it's there, say a few words, sometimes just "Hey Dude, you want to come watch a movie with me or eat some pizza or light some candles or something"? I get nothing.
Since it is the weekend, I'm going to crash in there tonight. Maybe I'll get something. Then again it may already be gone. I couldn't feel anything last night, and for the past few days it has seemed to get weaker.
Thanks again,
:-D
Rodney (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
-rhodes68-
Thanks for the comment, hope you are doing well.
Yes, my first thought on the voices was radio or TV. Usually I don't get voices, at least not like this. I've only heard these particular ones twice. The first was a few days before, and the socond was the reason for the story. I don't believe the voices match up to the "Goober" (I believe he's male) that's been hanging out in my room. I just couldn't put a finger on where the heck it's coming from.
As for my new friend, he has really been quiet the last couple days. I couldn't tell if he or it was even here last night. I'm going to try the spoon thing again the next time I feel him near.
Thanks again,
:-D
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
I really enjoyed reading your story especially what you planned to do with the plastic spoon. Funny, and they way you try to make logic explanation of it all. Whoever they are whatever they are, you need to lay some rules down, number one is your bedroom. I would personally not change bedrooms, there is nothing to say they won't follow you into your new bedroom. Communication just talk to them, see what happens.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Ah, not up to the "challenge", I see. Well, I seriously had to chuckle when I read your "test". THAT was GREAT!
You are NOT reaching, you GRASPED it. Electrical devises have, and DO send currents through the wires when in the "off" or shut down mode. The only thing to truly disengage that current, is to UNPLUG it. Or to shut off the main power source coming INTO the home. If you cut an electrical wire that is plugged into your wall (PLEASE Do NOT literally try this, anyone) you WOULD be knocked on your butt.

Seriously, you WOULD NOT mind sleeping in the spare room? I would suggest that if you are comfortable, maybe you should rearrange the house, and make the spare room your own.
OR you could put it up to another challenge. It worked last time, why not see if it would again? Just let it know that this is now YOUR place, and YOU are the one living there. Tell it that you are not frightened by it, but it NEEDS to let you have your space. Be courteous, be nice, but tell it it is time to move on.
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
One thing to be gracious, another to be put out of your own room. Isn't it odd that when you basically confronted it, it backed off and let you alone for the rest of the night. I think it's time to take back your abode. It can be a guest but it doesn't have to be a rude one lol. I don't know much about radio waves but what rhodes says make sense to me. Reminds me of the time my son had his stero on and was intercepting truckers talking on their cb's. At first he thought the darn thing was talking to him before he realized he was hearing one side of a conversation. This can also happen with scanners and telephones. People on the telephone were being picked up by someone's scanner and their whole conversatin was heard. I know a man that found out about his wife's affair in this manner. So watch out what you say over the phone you never know if signals are being crossed. If you want this thing around it will have to abide by your rules. Take authority. You are the one making the mortgage payments lol.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Rodney hello and thanks for coming back.

Although I find your experience quite interesting and remember the other encounters you had in your other story, I'd ask you to examine every other possibility first before reaching any decisions.

You asked if by touching wires you can transmit radio waves-especially when it comes to AM electomagnetic waves, yes.

Google Amplitude Modulation and read through various articles carefully as I don't want to start another boring discussion irrelevant to your stories. All I'm going to say is that AM signals are VERY susceptible to atmospheric and electrical interference for that, you may want to re-evaluate your initial ideas on the nature of certain things happening at home.

It is also possible that, apart from having energies interfering with your space, you might have actually been hearing live broadcasts from near by stations, hence the "TV anchors' professional talks".

Just a thought!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: