You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Ghost Girl In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Girl In The Mirror

 

I don't remember the year, I just remember standing in the bathroom, combing out my hair. We were visiting the area near the coffee plantations. My Great Grandmother used to own a huge plantation there. She sold it when she decided to go to California. The rental cottage was in an area of the Panama Mountains, called the Volcan. I think the spelling is correct.

I remember the ice cold mountain rivers, and the blackberries by the side of the road. It certainly didn't feel like you were still in the tropics. We were enjoying the cool temps, and the beautiful green of every direction you looked.

The cottage was small, and it had just one bathroom. We had been driving for almost four hours. Sitting in the back of an old Volkswagen bug, was uncomfortable in itself, but the windows were broken, and you couldn't roll them up. The driver apologized every time the sky opened up, and the rains fell. I got soaked, my hair was blown into a knotted, frizzy mess, and we were stuck in a one bedroom, one bath cottage.

There were five us on that trip, and I was cranky. Standing in front of the mirror. My hair was going to take a long time to fix, and one of my relatives was busy pounding on the door saying "I need to go to the bathroom, get out!".

The hair brush was being held under lukewarm waters, and I grumbled at the thought of sleeping in such small quarters with so many people. Shaking the water off the brush, I yelled out " Give me five more minutes ". I heard my Uncle stomp away.

My eyes stared at the tired girl in the mirror. It had been such a long day, and all I wanted to do was comb out the worst of the knots, and go find a spot to sleep. At least-in the bathroom, I had some amount of privacy. I was on the pity train pretty deep by this point, and I pouted at my image in the mirror.

I dragged that brush through my hair, as gently as I could, but it hurt. I felt the tears start to well up, when I had to tear through some sensitive areas.

" Don't cry " I heard a little girl say. Quickly, I turned around. There was no one in the bathroom with me. I yanked open the bathroom door thinking someone was watching me, but no one was there. I stepped back into the bathroom and closed the door. Puzzled, I went back to the sink. I hadn't sensed any kind of entity in the little cottage, but they can camouflage their presence at will.

I had just picked up the hairbrush, when I looked at my image in the mirror. A young girl stared back at me from behind my left shoulder. She was so close, I could have reached out and poked her in the eye. Of course, it was an ethereal being, and she wasn't a physical body any longer.

Her face, let me describe what I saw. She appeared to be maybe ten years old. Her skin, there was something wrong with it. It looked yellowed, withered and paper thin. I could see veins behind the discolored skin, and her eyes... Bless her heart, it seemed like they were sinking into her eye sockets. I think she had died from disease...cancer, maybe?. I know that she looked at ill, and she smiled at me as she backed away. Too quickly, she was gone.

Stunned, I turned and searched the small room for signs of the girl. Of course, there weren't any tell tale signs she had ever been there. I went back to combing out my hair. Maybe she would return, but she never did. We were in the cottage for 6 days, and no one mentioned seeing a sickly girl around the cottage, or in the mirror.

As we were packing up to leave, the caretaker of the cottages came to retrieve the key. I took him aside and asked him about a little girl. Maybe someone had died there at one time?...He said the cottages were only eight to ten years old, and as far as he knew, no one had died there.

As he was walking away, he suddenly remembered something, and he turned back to tell me. There used to be a residential facility nearby... It housed leprosy patients, but had been torn down when the new owners bought the land under it. The residential facility had been vacated some thirty years prior to the land being sold. Many patients had died there.

At least I got some answers. I prayed, the Ghost girl in the mirror, would find the peace she deserved...

Blessings, Ghostseer

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
ToraOkami303: I would have loved to hear her story... Blessings, Ghostseer
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
i too hope this yon girl found some peace... I wonder tho if you had been able to talk to her what she would have told you...hm

~Tora~
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
dreamergal72: So true, somehow-they get lost along the way, and there is nothing anyone can say or do to help them move on if they don't want to go...Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
That sad that girl had died but haven't pass on yet But I am sure hope she find peace. Some who died don't want to go to other side and don't know why.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Surya, If I could have stayed longer to help this girl, I would have done so. No, unfortunately-I learned very little. Information is limited from an era where paper documentation is old, lost,incomplete. All I could do was pray for this lost child. Blessings, Ghostseer
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
That is such a sad story. I wonder what happened to her? So what answers did you get apart from you think the little girl died of leprosy. I hope she is at peace now, maybe she came to help you, after all you were pretty annoyed about where you had to spend the next 6 days, coupled with the fact your hair was a mess, believe me I know that feeling. She said don't cry.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
There are many trapped Souls on this Planet. I just wish I understood "why"...I feel so much sorrow coming from them, but rarely do they stick around so I can help them. Many of them are content in NOT moving on. When its my turn to cross over, you can bet I will be asking a lot of questions. Blessings for all your comments...Ghostseer
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Wow, it sounds like you were very fortunate to meet such a sweet soul. I wish the deepest blessings to her, to you, and to your family.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Bless that poor girls heart. I hope she has sice found peace in warming love of the white light.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Very sad indeed!

It's heart-breaking when innocent souls are not given a chance to enjoy and learn from the beauty and complexity of life-but then again, who can really understand or judge the "Force" behind all things?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Oh what a heartfelt story. I hope this little girl did find her way to the other side. What a horrible way for a child to pass and there she was trying to give you comfort. Very sad indeed.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: