You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Meet Dotty: The Ghost In My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Meet Dotty: The Ghost In My Closet

 

The ghost in my room lurks in my closet and I see her only at nighttime. She's a white color and she strobes on and off randomly. There's no way of explaining who or what this thing is but I've given her the amazingly creative name, Dotty.

The foot of my bed faces the front of the closet and I usually leave my closet open. If I awake in the middle of the night, my eyes are usually facing into the closet. It's not a walk-in closet, so it's very small and cramped. I only see the flashes at nighttime but they don't always occur in the closet. Sometimes they get very close to my bed and sometimes they go to the door.

One night I started to think maybe my eyes were just messed up.

Well, I've found that I don't see these "flashes" anywhere else except my room.

People have said, "Maybe it's a blinking light from outside?"

Well, this light is more of a floating light. It's not on the walls and I'm very certain it's not lightning or anything from outside.

I also see Dotty in the mirror of my room and I've noticed that the reason I see her in the mirror is because the mirror reflects my closet.

I'm pretty sure this thing isn't unfriendly but I would like to get to know it better. What do you guys suggest I do?

What do you think it is?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MitchTheWetSprocket, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ishan (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-27)
Well I won't say 'friendly', but pretty sure that the spirit is not ' unfriendly '.
Is she a little girl or a grown up, teenager or older. If she's a little girl or maybe in her early teens, there's a possibility that she just wants your attention, maybe she feels lonely or something. Well only a guess.
I didn't call her 'friendly' as you haven't interacted with her yet but as she hasn't tried to harm you in any way, I said ' not unfriendly '.
Agreed with other people's views, just try to dig into the history of house. And maybe try and interact with her but be extremely careful as who knows what entity, other than her, you may have to deal with.

God bless and Good luck. ❤
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
-MitchTheWetSprocket-

If you really want to open up a line of communication the next time you see the light say something casual like "hey I can see you, talk to me." However like whitebuffalo said you might get more then you bargained for if you try to talk to "her". This type of acknowledgement might attract other spirits to your bedroom and some might not be so friendly. I'm not saying it will and I don't know if talking to her will do anything productive or not. You may want to start with some research into the background of the house and property before attempting to talk to her. I would not suggest talking to her if you find there was some sort of violent death connected with the area, because she could be really confused, angry, sad, etc... Just something to think about let us know if anything else interesting happens.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Heres a thought maybe its not the house or you that's haunted, but its the closet. Any Idea how old it is and where did it come from. Has it been in your family long? Regards Jack 😊
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-18)
Dont give her excuse dear...never...she may need your help... Either help her or to save yourself do wear a CROSS...

God bless you ❤
Justly4 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-06)
Try talking to her. She seems like a very friendly spirit. If your house is old it is probably the spirit of someone who lived there and died. But what do I know.
Peace,

Justly4 😊
swt_watermelon (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-12)
Wow. Seeing a ghost in the mirror is creepy. Is your house haunted? The light is probably and orb.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
It may be an orb when you see it sometimes, and it isn't always a spirit. Just a light of energy.

I am not saying that there isn't a spirit in your closet, but you never know.

Next time you see it, try talking to it. Ask it what it wants.

Any other question? Email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Good luck! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Hello again, Mitch.
So your wanting to get to know this lady in your closet is all in the curiosity factor? Meaning you would like to get to know who she WAS, or IS?
Please forgive me, this might sound as if I am trying to start something, but I really am not. I would personally think that as SHE has been the one to take the first step, it should be fairly easy to get to know her GHOST.
This is where I am confused.
Are you curious about a PERSON (If you just want to know who she is, look it up in the newspapers), but if you are curious as to why the ghost is THERE, that (if you are curious about who she WAS, then you need to research the home, the land, the city, and the neighbors).
Do you see what I am getting at? WHAT are you specifically curious ABOUT?
Thank you.
MitchTheWetSprocket (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
thanks for the comments guys.

And for the people that say it's hard to understand what I have experienced:

Well, it's hard for me to understand too.
It's just a floating light I see in my room.

I believe it's a She. And I would like to get to know it, because I'm curious.

But curiosity killed the cat, right?
babygirlacm (2 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
As for some people who made comments they are right its an orb its energy form of a spirit you don't see a figure or the shape of the ghost it's just an orb floating around ever thought of researching your house! I eould might get more information
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
I think you need to clarify a few things for us-the reader. It's hard to understand what you have seen. Orbs are nothing more than energy. Some people see them floating around, most do not. Try adding a night light near the closet. Maybe the image will become clear. It could be nothing at all, but I wouldn't encourage communication. If it is a spirit, I would tell it to go away. Nightly visits are never going to allow for a good night rest. Let me know if you need more detailed info. Like whitebuffalo, I say... Be careful. Blessings, Ghostseer
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Hello, I was also curious as to how know you it's a "she." Have you sensed this or seen it? Have you tried covering your windows and turning of all the lights, nightlights and electronics that may produce light? It sounds like it could be an attempt at manifestation but I'm not sure. Do you think it could be something other than a ghost, like a smaller spirit? Maybe a pixie or a faerie? That kind of thing? Sorry for the bomboardment of questions but I want you to be sure you have an accurate feel for this spirit before you approach it.:)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
Alright, Mitch, Do you mean that she ("strobes on and off") flickers? Like as in having an electrical issue with a lamp? I get that impression, but I have got to say that my mind further wandered to the movie with the girl in the well (Oh, WHAT was the name of that?), and how her image appeared to flash in and out. Best way I can describe it, sorry for my lack of imagination.
I seem to have missed parts of your experience. You state that you are pretty sure that she is not UNfriendly, but that you would like to get to know her better.
Can I ask why?
What would you gain in achieving a sort of relationship with your visitor? What are your motives?
I ask this as I am FOND of saying "Be careful what you wish for, it just MAY come true, just NOT in the way you had intended." If you open yourself up to communications with her, do you think you would be able to handle such communications with others, as well? That IS a possibility.
Thank you.
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
My question is, do you see an actual person? You say, "she's a white color" but can you discribe her more? Did it just start happening or has it been going on for awhile?
Okay, maybe that was more than one question... 😳
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-14)
There is such a thing as natural orbs which is nothing more than light energy that builds up. In a closet are clothes. Fabric is known to hold static electricity from the dryer or house heat or from rummaging in your closet to find stuff which causes friction and friction causes static electricity. Now all this aside, could it be a spirit? If it is I tend to agree with courtney that it's residual. Should Dotty manifest let us know. Till then I wouldn't worry about it.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
This sounds like some sort of residual haunting, and what you're seeing is an orb, but of who I wonder?
:D

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: