You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Imaginary Friend

Real Ghost Stories

Imaginary Friend

 

Just to give you some background on me, I have been experiencing the paranormal ever since I was young. I lived in Connecticut for almost my entire life (now I'm in Florida) but I don't really think it's that haunted a state. But, for some reason I've never had any trouble coming into contact with the other side.

The earliest memory I have would have to be when I was in preschool. I had a petrifying fear of the dark (and still do) and would sometimes wet myself because I was too afraid to emerge from my bed to use the bathroom. I knew something was in the darkness of my room watching me; I could feel it but not necessarily see it.

One particularly scary night, I had to use the bathroom so bad. I was crying because I knew something was waiting for me to get out of bed to hurt me. Suddenly, my closet door opened by itself. I had heard rustling in there before so I didn't really like to go in it unless I had to.

I tried to wake my older brother but he didn't budge. I cowered under the blankets with only my eyes peeking out to watch the closet. Something was definitely moving around inside. It was a separate presence from the one I knew was going to hurt me. I thought it was going to be another being, coming to double team me with its buddy. But, what came from the closet wasn't evil.

First off, the entire being was black. And when I say entire, I mean from top to bottom it was black. It had the structure of what was a very tall man with arms a bit longer than usual and no hands. Well, actually, I'm not sure what was on the ends of his "arms." They looked like three long and thick fingers but I'm not sure.

When he (I just knew the being to be masculine) emerged, it was kind of like he rolled out into a standing position in slow motion. Needless to say, I freaked out. The being stood to its full height and looked around the room a bit before focusing its "gaze" on me. Then, I smiled. Whatever this being was, it was not going to hurt me. But, I knew it came from the same place the other presence had.

The "being" walked over to my bed and held out its "hand". It then asked me if I had to use the bathroom. There was no voice coming from it, but I knew what it was asking me, like telepathically. I told him yes and took his hand, still smiling. He said he would make sure nothing happened while I went to the bathroom. We walked to the bathroom and he waited outside until I finished. We then walked back to my bedroom and I got back in bed.

The being told me he would protect me from anything that tried to harm me and I believed him. I named him Blackie; so creative, huh? Anyways, I used to hang out with him all the time. My mom thought I had an imaginary friend, but my brother knew about him and said he saw him too. Blackie lived in my closet and in the stove in the kitchen. My mom remembers me having to "get him out" before she cooked or baked.

After some time Blackie left me. Or rather, I think I left him. But what's strange is that sometimes when I'm scared at night, if I say Blackie or think about him, I can feel him with me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sharahzdecipel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

crystal8495 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
ur story is different than my sisters and her best friend's. They used one of those seances in the 80's when they were in middle school and ended up being haunted by ghosts for 2 months. The black figure they saw either turned off lights, or the shower or it stood over their beds and scared them. I remember when they told me. You're lucky though.
toxicx22 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-13)
sounds like Blackie was a guardian angel for you. Once you were mature enough to handle yourself, you let him go. But he's still there, and he always will be 😊
Thereisneverdarkness2010 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-06)
When I read this at first, I just kept thinking poor preschool boy, whom can't get up and get to the bathroom.! But maybe the unpositive experience can help other people with there experiences with this sort of thing. On the plus side you had a kind gaurdian angel it sounds like
Jackets (3 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
Awesome story. I wish all children had a "Blackie" to help get them through their fears of the dark.
fallonann96 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-09)
Thats a wonderful thing! I love How Blackie sounds and I'm very grateful he made you so happy!
xXClaireBearXx (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Aww. I find it so sweet how some spiritual beings are so kind to humans. Did you ever figure out who "Blackie" was. Maybe he was sent down as a guardian angel of sorts...
A very cute story, indeed.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
Believe it or not I did exactly the same as you, I am still afraid of the dark but I remember I would go to bed, and would hear a noise or see a black shadow, I would pull the duvet over my head a leave enough of gap for me to breathe and see what was in the bedroom, some nights it would take ages for my eyes to adjust to the dark, it would get so hot under the duvet but I did not care, some nights I would be desperate for the loo, I would slowly turn onto my stomach so I would not have to go, don't ask me why I used to do that but I did and a lot of the time it worked, some nights I would manage to pluck up enough courage slowly get put of bed and stick the light on and radio and fall asleep listening to the music. Then The woman appeared, I remember every night she would just appear and sit on the bed next to me and although I was bricking myself with her presence as well, she used to pat me to sleep, make sure I was covered properly, as I got older, she came less, sometimes I thought it was something my imagination had created to deal with the fear, as I was to young to understand anything beyond, I thought you watched a horror film and that's it you were going to have sleepless night. I suppose I was looking for the simpliest explanation. Now, I wish she would come back or maybe she has in human form. That is another story.

Have you experianced anything else?
Larka (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-15)
cute 😆 that is really weird. Can you give a more inticate description of who he was? Did you ever see him before the night when you needed the bathroom?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: