You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Aunt And Uncle's House

Real Ghost Stories

My Aunt And Uncle's House

 

First off this will be my first time writing about an experience I had. Keep in mind this isn't a scary story but it makes me believe in the paranormal more and is very intriguing. This will be a short story since there aren't a lot of details so I hope you enjoy what I have to say.

This took place when I was about 13 or so (now I'm 30) and it was at my Aunt and Uncle's house in San Jose California.

Ever since I was little, my family always had Christmas there and even times just to visit. None of us had ever heard or known about the paranormal occurrences that have taken place there.

On many occasions I was there at the house by myself but there was one particular day when my mom and Aunt (my mom's oldest sister) left me there alone in the house just for a couple of hours while they had to do some errands.

My Uncle was at work too-this was in the middle of the day, so here I am at the house alone just minding my own business when I was walking down from the hallway.

I'll try to layout the hallway, the main hallway leads into the family room and ends at the bathroom and to the right leads to the next hallway down to my aunt and uncle's room-also there hallways that are very short in distance-not very long. Also the front door entrance goes directly to the main hallway and connects to the family room.

Anyways as I was walking down the hallway I noticed something at the corner of my eye. I sworn I saw someone very tall obviously it was a male figure just by his height quickly poking his head out around the corner so I kind of just shrugged it off but at that point I was getting a little freaked out.

Here I was alone and I didn't have the TV on. I was just minding my own business and it happened about two more times. As I walked near the hallway it always occurred at the corner of my eye. It was sudden and direct but when it happened I knew somehow someone was there, so I just froze and was puzzled and called out since at that point I thought it was my uncle.

BUT I knew no one was home but me. So when I called out his name, "Uncle Marty" Hello?" and there was no answer, I walked down the hall and walked around the corner and no one was there.

After that I somehow knew that someone poked their head out really quickly as if it was kind of watching me trying to get me off guard somehow. After that I though I was just imaging things and it was all in my head.

So later when my Aunt and mom came home I kind of told my aunt that for some odd reason, I could see someone poking their head quickly around the corner, but I knew I was alone.

She actually told me that she also has seen that too! She told me that that person is actually a ghost and she has seen a full apparition of the ghost. She described him as an older gentleman wearing glasses and having an old grey suit or dress cloths on when she saw him he just disappeared.

Also she said her grandson (my younger cousin) saw him too- he just froze in the hallway and told her he saw someone.

After she told me this I was kind of shocked and surprised to this event since I believed in spirits but never actually had an experience. Ever since then to this day, I'm kind of fascinated with the supernatural and I have been reading a lot of people's story's on this site.

Also just to let you guys know, the ghost of the old gentleman used to live there before my aunt and uncle moved in. He had died in one of the rooms there. And from my aunt's experience he isn't there to cause harm or anything of the sort. And they have lived in their home for about 20 years or so.

Well that's about that. I hope you enjoyed my first experience and if you have any questions leave a comment. I also have another experience. I'll write that one another time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, vryce12, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hi and thank you for sharring this interesting story. I believe what you experienced did get you thinking then but I'm glad that your first paranormal experience was a good one. I hope that spirit crossed over though. Thansk for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
A residual haunting is a imprint of a repeated behavior, with no interaction to others in the home. It is akin to a movie playing over and over. A HAUNTING is when the Ghost/Spirit/Soul tries to communicate, has interaction with inhabitants by voice/touch/visual acts such as movement of items. I hope this clarifies things for you. Thankyou for answering my questions, Blessings, Ghostseer
jonesblue (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
wow!
That was pretty creepy for me. Loved the story though. Thanks for sharing. If I saw something like that I would immeadiatly leave the house. I have experienced something like that and I am looking forward to sharing it. Great story! 😉 😨 😨
vryce12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
For Ghostseer

When I was talking to my aunt about what happened she told what it was and she never had any expression of fear,depression,or hiding any thing from me when she told me about the ghost. She was actually glad and happy to tell me that there is a presence there in the house. She didn't tell me details of interaction or objects being moved or hidden. Just that she has seen him on occasion. I also feel that the spirit may be in his own world or just repeating some normal things before he died. From what my aunt told me when he died in a room he must have died of natural causes. Also I may think that the spirit knows that his home is in loving care and is in good hands with my aunt and uncle living there plus there two kids my older cousins. We in our family are a strong religious family I feel I can express my religion here which is Mormon. And that the spirit knows that a well being of a family that is good of nature is living there. Of course my aunt and uncle know longer live there. So I never got a chance to learn more about the old gentlemens spirit.

Thank you.
vryce12 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Thank's guys for your interest. There are so many stories I have read and have been kind addicted to this site.

For Tonith
I think that my aunt and uncle never told any of use like as for a "warning" or not to scare us thinking something was wrong at there house. But I never really felt a overwhelming sense of fear or an evil presence or has anyone else at there house. Also for you question on if ghosts can actually see us. I was watching a Sci-Fi show which I think you may have heard called "Ghost Hunters" the episode was located in the San Francisco Bay Area in Alameda Navy ship yard where a famous battleship is docked. The ship is apparently paranormal active. During the show they had a device I think it was called the EK meter which if a spirit comes in contact around them it will light up with some green lights. Eventually they were able to communicate with acouple of spirits. They asked normal questions and they or just one responded by making it Blink one light for a "yes" response and "no" for not blinking the light. The spirit knew what year it was and knew the ship manager by his name and etc. They also asked if the spirit can see us it said "yes" they also asked if "we" the investigators looked weird to them and the spirit said "yes" I found that to be very interesting. Since we have a hard time in the physical realm seeing spirits as shadow forms and transparent apparations and etc. Then somehow they have trouble seeing us in certain ways.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Has he appeared in other areas of the house? Or does he just poke his head a round the corner and spook everyone?. Does he interact with other family members? Or does he seem to be in his own world, repeating a behavior?...Blessings, Ghostseer
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Agreed. Ghosts were once people too. We should have respect for them and them for us. I think people can live with ghosts as long as everyone respects the boundaries. I often wonder if they have as much trouble seeing us as we do seeing them? Like in the movie "The Others" it was the ghosts being haunted by the living. Had to love that concept and while innovative it may be closer to the truth than we think. Very believable story which is nice considering some we hear in here lol.
psychichottie (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
YA FRAWIN is so right people get so caught up in the idea of these horrible creatures that seem to be so bad but ghost are actually really good creatures. SO thanks so much fro sharing your story it was really belieable! 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
Hello vryce12. A truly believable story, thank you for sharing it with us. It shows that not all ghosts or spirits are evil and needs to be banished to the nether regions.
Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: