You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Hooded Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Hooded Apparition

 

I was about 31 years old and about 5 months pregnant, not drinking or drugging, in May of 1985, visiting my Mom and Dad in New Mexico. They lived in a brand new 2 story Spanish style home at the north end of Albuquerque. Everyone had retired to sleep and I was dozing off in the guest room on a daybed facing away from a large arched window that faced a street light. So it was not a really darkened room. After a few attempts to close my eyes, a robed figure stood facing away from me, maybe 4 feet in front of me, I really truly thought it was my Mom, (maybe she had been drinking and was sleep-walking?) I said "Mom?" and it stayed where it was so I sat up on my elbow and repeated louder and with more force "MOM!". Well, I got it's attention and it began to turn slowly towards me and then I realized it was not my Mom and every hair on my body stood up and it just vanished right before my eyes. I was so shocked I just knew it had to be my Mom so I jumped up through on every light in the room, as well as the TV, ran to my parents room and they were both very asleep. I even tried to wake them up, my Dad was snoring and my Mom had spit drooling... So I shook my head, went back to the room and ran to look out the window... nothing... I searched the whole house... turned on every light, still, nothing.

But I knew deep down it knew it scared me and it vanished on its own. I felt bad after that. My one, most meaningful, encounter and I got scared instead. Afterwards I would say out loud, "I am sorry I didn't mean to be scared, please come back" I never did find out what it was... I felt it held no malice towards me, it wasn't glowing or anything like that, it looked like a hooded figure in the dark with a robe on.

Anyone care to comment? It has bothered me ever since. What do you think?

Other hauntings by robynhoodwinker

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Blackrobedspiral1 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-04)
I had a similar experience (please read profile) but it involved an 8 foot tall black hooded mass. It was darker than the night and that is how I remember seeing it. It was extremely frightning. I was really young at the time and believe it happened twice. Anyway, you may have see what I saw.
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
lol seriously... Y do messengers or demons always wear those hooded robes most of the time... I find that a little strange...
windwaker (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-31)
you know what a similar experience happed to my older sister I have a story on it but this one was comming for her and had a white robe

It could have been your guardian if possible

If it didn't hurt you then I counld't have been a demon

Best wishes 😁
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
I am not sure. I think that the spitit was just manafesting himself without knowing it and now he doesn't realize how he did it. I really don't know

Katona1700s ❤
NewMexicoGhostHunters (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-20)
I loved the story. It sounds like you have a ghost that might come back if you ask it to the next time you go there. An be nice when you ask it to come back.
Dragon35 (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-02)
i think you can rule out that this whas a ghost that you saw Hooded "pepole" are usuly demons or messengers but that Belial has come to you is inpossible since that demon has to be summond to apear there are some things that explain what it whas that you had in your room. The color of the hood and markings in the house or outside the house there is alsow sounds that whil have been there for som types of demons and messengers if I had more info I could have told you what you saw
marcink125 (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-23)
Interesting story, I've always wondered why these shadow beings wore robes, at first I used to think that they were some kind of symbol of supernatural authority based on some kind hierarchy. But now I think these shadow beings wear these robe to protect themselves from light. Do you think I'm right?
Bobshailer (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
I study demonology as a hobby, and different demons actually have different personalities, so you can often tell what demon is involved from the nature of the encounter.

robynhoodwinker - Was the hooded figure black, like the grim reaper but with no visible face? If so, (and assuming it's a demon), I'd say it's likely to be Belial. He's a coward and doesn't show his face, he also tends to stare from a distance, he doesn't usually attack or confront you or say anything for that matter.
Mountaineer63 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-26)
I believe your experience 100%. I am 44 years old. When I was about 4 or 5 years old I had a similar experience that I have tried to make sense of ever since.

I had just gone to bed on a summers night. I know it was summer because it was still light outside, probably about 8:30 p.m.

I had not been in bed long and I looked up to the the window above and to the left of my bed. I saw two figured in dark hooded robes. I could not see faces... Just blackness.

Then the figures (one or both - I'm not sure) spit on me. I was felt totally paralyzed. I didn't know what else to do, but as crazy as this may sound, I tried to spit back at the figures. At that point they disappeared.

I told my parents about it, but they insisted it was a bad dream. So I tried to convince myself that it must have been a nightmare for most of my life.

However, about 27 years later my pastor and I were having lunch and somehow the topic turned to the "world of darkness," for lack of a more handy term. So I told him about my experience, and he pointed out some things that make me beleieve this was more than a dream.

First, this would have occurred around 1967-1968. It wasn't like it is today with all of the fantastic scary movies. In fact, TV was rather wholesome. It was unlikely that I saw something on TV that foreshadowed this and came out in a dream.

Second, people commonly report seeing hooded demons.

Third, in reference to spitting, my pastor said this is a very specific demonic activity, however he didn't know the meaning of it.

If you are like me, you are very reluctant to tell people about your experience. You just know they will think you are a little off center. But, you know what you know. And it will be difficult for anyone to convince you otherwise.

If anyone knows what the spitting was all about, I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!
mike8887 (3 stories) (23 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-17)
Remember, your house may be new, but the land your house was built on is just as old as the earth. I think some ghosts stick to a specific part of the earth regardless of what is torn down or built there. Some of them come and go- which seems to be the case with my experiences.
sparkleswirl (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-21)
well, right now I'm having a problem with a ghost attached to me and I have gotten help with it. Suggest you contact a physic or go to those weird places with all those stones that have powers, witchcraft that kind of thing. They will help you I swear. Or find a medium who can contact the ghost and talk to it.
ryan (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
O man your not going to believe me but my house has a ghost like that. I'm only 12 years old but I really no my war history. I have seen the same ghost only my hair didn't stand up I actualy felt like my throught was closing. The ghost you saw was an war ghost. Even if your house is new your houses land could be hounted. Like someone could have ben murderd on the land. Or the could of bhen a civilwar soldier who was killed on your land. If he was wereing a hood youd better just not mess with it. HE IS DANGEROUS. Please don't let him apper again and if he does you have to run. BUT remember what I'm telling you don't leave into the woods or somthing just stay in a heavely populated place. If you have problems you can coctact my aunt she is a detective and if you need to talk to someone you can call the police they can probably help you or get yourself a prist. But make sure hes really a minister or a priest. Good luck.
sophie (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
Mabye it was a person who lived there before your
mom and dad. I think He or she was probaly nice.
robynhoodwinker (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
I thank you very much for commenting.

Athena: I felt that the whatever it was didn't realize where it was. I freaked out. It dissapeared. I really feel it held no malice towards me at all.

Frank: I am a Christian... I know my basic beliefs but isn't that weird? It really made me feel there is more than just this dimension. It made my faithen deepen and gain strength

Kirby: the House was brand spankin new!
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
Dear robynhoodwinker, Nice nickname. Just a long thought to readers. I often wonder why people end up in haunted dwellings and such. It's one thing to be dragged along with your parents, but when it continues throughout one's life,...well does it not make a person wonder why? It is like people think it is outside of themselves to avoid and/or control such things. Like it is not within their own power. Everything has energy and each one of us knows what good energy is. It makes us feel comfortable and good about ourselves, others, pets, places and things. Many of these things we label as our "favorite" things. Now, think about how you feel about your favorite things. Feels good doesn't it? Well, if something makes you feel bad, doubt yourself, makes you do things you do not want to do and scares the living daylights out of you, why would you want "it", whatever "it" is, known or unknown in your immediate space and life? Uninvited guests, are uninvited. If they come in the dark, wear dark hooded clothing and choose not to show themselves, is not that a clue? If an uninvited guest is making sexual advances, is that not a clue? What you would not accept in this physical reality is best applied to the "unknown". Just because you are curious and want to know more does not mean you have to give up your own power and certainly, not your own common sense! Use the same senses you have about your present reality, as you would about the "unknown" paranormal reality. So the next time you pick up a used item to buy, feel it's energy. Next time you walk into your next dwelling, feel the energy. Use your seventh sense, "common sense".
Frank (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Hey nice story I have had the exact same encounter as you like 2 times when I was younger around 10-14 and I'm 19 now. The first encounter was when I was sleeping and I suddenly woke up and it was midnight, I felt realy hot at the time so I just took a glance around the room and then I saw a hooded figure on top of my bed I was terified so I just peeked through the blanket so I don't get noticed usualy I'm good with that I also felt my bed was heavy like someoneelse was sleeping on it I decided to do a little pray to god so it can go away and then I felt asleep. Next morning I woke up all sweaty and exausted it must be from being to scared. Anyway my next encounter happened in the morning around 8-9 am, I woke up around 7:30 am and decided to sleep in the lounge since the room was to hot when I was about to close my eyes I saw a real tall figure kind of like the exact same I saw as the first encounter but I could nearly clearly see it. I was pretending to sleep cause I was to scared to encounter or even look at it so I kind of peeked at it and it and then I turned my head when I looked back it disapeared and then I told my parents what happened they said I was dreaming or something. Anyway hope everything turns out good for you just be confident and if it happends again just do a little pray to god and tell him to please send this ghost away. If you wanna talk about anything else feel free to email me frankk_87 [at] hotmail.com
robynhoodwinker (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
No it wasn't a shadow it was a "distinct" figure that is why I thought it was my Mom she had a robe like that. It never fully turned towards me so I never saw its face. I am not one to fancifully "see" something weird so I know I saw what I saw.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-03-15)
Hello robynhoodwinker
Hmmm, well, it depends on how old the house is. Of course, that's MY opinion. Possibly, a shadow?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: