You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Our Sister

Real Ghost Stories

Our Sister

 

When my mother was pregnant, she was stunned to find out she was expecting quads (4 babies), myself, my two brothers and our sister. My mum was told we were two sets of twins.

A short while later, my mum was rushed to hospital and was told she had lost one of the babies, my sister. My 2 brothers and I were born triplets.

Although my sister never made it into this life, she has always still grown up with us and been around. Which leads me to so many questions. As said before we were originally two sets of twins. One set was my brother and myself, the other was my brother and my sister.

As a toddler, my brother (who was originally my sisters twin) was occasionally seen playing with his "imaginary" friend. My mum used to walk in the bedroom in the early hours of the morning and ask what he was doing out of bed. The response she always got was "He was playing with the little girl". My other brother and I never saw her. I have always wondered why she didn't show herself to us all?

One time I recall, was when we turned 18 years old. On our 18th birthday we had a situation where everything in our house was being misplaced. Draw knobs were being thrown across the rooms, and noises were coming from out of no where.

My mum has always been a believer, and had a medium come to our house. We discovered that day, that my sister had been moving/throwing objects and making noises as nobody was taking notice that it was her 18th birthday also. She felt like she was missing out.

Quite a few years later, my brother who was originally her twin, got married. The photographer of the wedding was a family friend who is a medium. She had informed my brother that at the wedding, my sister wanted him to know, that she will be there sitting next to the bridesmaids wearing pink (the color the bridesmaid wore). That is what he would of wanted, her to be the bridesmaid. My brother actually left an empty chair next to the bridesmaid for her.

These are just a couple experiences that there have been. I have a few questions. Does this mean spirits age in the spirit world as we do here? How come we never got to see her as a kid, like my brother?

Hope you have enjoyed reading, and will post more soon.

Other hauntings by Georgeyboy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Georgeyboy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-23)
I have never heard of a ghost aging before but I guess it's possible. What did you do when you were told that she felt like it was missing out? Twins are said to have a strong bond so mayb that's why only your brother could see her.
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
that is kool that she came back and "Showed herself" to your brother... I never use to think spirits age, but I suppose it's possible, sorry I'm no help, peace
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
I don't have an answer but my boss lost a set of twins and they used to come around a lot when her children were younger, and she says that they seemed to age as they should have if they would have made it. Their youngest daughter that was born right before the twins they lost was always talking with them and playing with them. So it seems that spirits can change it they want to.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Thank you for a fascinating story that comes to add more proof to the connection shared by twins.

Like Whitebuffalo, I'd urge you to do some research as it seems that a lot has been written about this "strange" connection between twins.

As for whether spirits age... I couldn't possibly tell you although I'm definite about one thing. They perceive time in a very different way. I don't personally think your sister meant the same thing as you or I would by the use of the word "birthday". I'm more inclined to believe that she wanted you to honor her "memory" at that particular date as having been a part of your family.

We sometimes do that in my country when it comes to twins. We may light a candle, have an empty chair and an extra piece of cake aside for the one we lost.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
It is said that twins have a special connection. There have been many a scientific study that seemed to support the theory that there is a bond that is created within the womb (some scientists seem to think this is ALL in the fact that there is a shared egg. Others feel that it MAY happen as MANY things are shared within that one tiny womb).
Your case, I should think, is really not much different. Except that there were TWO eggs present. THAT would seem to support the "egg" theory, and NOT the "womb" theory.
There have been many interesting tests done. I would suggest your checking into some of them.
My favorites are the ones in which twins were separated at birth, but STILL sense things that the other is going through. There was a specific case in which ONE of the twins was missing. Her BROTHER led the authorities to her, and explained all that she had gone through (the poor guy felt it all. Every bit of the horrendous things that her attacked did to her) having NEVER met her, and not even knowing that she existed.
Very interesting stuff.
Check into it. You may find all your answers (or suitable answers, at least) to your questions.
Thank you.
Wickeddaisy (4 stories) (23 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
I don't think anyone can give you a full answer since it is something that we won't completely know until we are in the afterlife.
Although I do personally believe that some loved ones may follow or pop-in from time to time to observe the lives of who they are connected to. I don't believe they age, but stay around until it is time to enter their own life. Perhaps even time (past and present) doesn't have a limit to what they can observe.

My niece had surprised our family one time when she was 3 y/o. She was looking at pictures of her cousin when she was 1 y/o, 10 years prior to her own birth.
It was the first time seeing these pictures, yet she stated, "I remember this day! I was there watching!" Of course, that freaked us out a little. We told her she wasn't born yet. She insisted she was there, watching from the sky. She even pointed to the dog that I had at the time and said, "I remember him. That's Smokey!"
We didn't have that dog a year or so after those pictures were taken, and we had never spoken of Smokey to my niece.

I know this doesn't answer your questions, but perhaps gives a broader perspective.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: