You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Scary Ouija Board Experience And Repercussions

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Ouija Board Experience And Repercussions

 

About six weeks ago I was at my friend Doug's. He was at work at the time, so we were chilling there waiting for him to come back. The girls had played on a Ouija board earlier that day, and appeared rather shaken up. Seeing this, two friends and I somehow managed to talk the girls into participating again. We wanted to feel the buzz they were feeling. We started to play and said some chants before we continued. For about half an hour, one of my friends thought it funny to screw it up (by talking and pushing the glass around when he shouldn't). We think it was because he was scared of what might happen. But then again, that's the buzz. We kicked him off of the board and started again.

We all placed our finger on the Ouija board and asked if anybody was there. After about five minutes, the glass slowly started to grind to yes. It finally highlighted the word yes, and slowly grinded back to the center. We then asked who he or she was. It started toward the word open, got there, then moved back toward the middle. We asked the same question three times after that, and at conclusion, it spelled out the words "open you give". We were confused and shortly after this questions weird things started to happen.

The computer started booting and rebooting so fast it was impossible. There is no computer, which I have seen in my life, which can boot up and shut down then reboot again 10 times within the spacing of 5 seconds. The light started to flicker slightly and gradually increased its intensity. Also, a bowl on the table started to grind around very slowly on its own. Observing this, I started to feel the buzz. The girls however, were getting scared, and wanted to leave. They said that this didn't happen when they played it.

Now the next bit that happened is the bit that scared me...

Kylie, the girl friend of my mate, owns a dog. It's a foxy so it's a rather small dog, not capable of much damage. This dog is a very friendly dog. I have, in fact, never even seen it bark at anyone in anything less than a playful tone. His tail was always wagging. However, the dog was acting unusual. It was pacing quickly up and down the hallway in the midst of what was happening. Then all of a sudden, very quickly and violently, went to attack Kylie's neck (the owner of the dog). He succeeded then proceeded to pace.

At this point, I knew something was wrong. We all wanted to leave so we asked if he or she would grant us permission to leave. It answered with what I expected. "No." We asked again, and pleaded, and once again it said "No." So we tried another tact. We asked if we could leave, one by one, asking for people to leave at individual turns. It agreed. One by one it let us go. Except for one person. My mate Luke. He asked to leave, and it said no three times. On the fourth time it said wait. He asked a fifth time, and it very slowly grinded half way to yes. There it paused for five minutes and eventually moved to yes.

About four or five seconds after this, one of the girls screamed and said there was something in my friends traveling bus. It was dark, but you could still see something moving inside the bus, due to the street light shining through the windows on the other side of the bus. Knowing everything that I had previously witnessed, I believed them, and we all avoided the bus. I could sense a very strong, uneven presence, focused at me every time I looked at the traveling bus. I ceased to look at the bus because I did not like the feeling.

One of the girls, about ten minutes after that, said they saw something head into the reserve behind my friends house rather quickly. I have to cross the reserve to get home. It was about 12am. Not knowing whether it really was something evil or good (or even maybe a cat or dog), I decided to use my friends bike to ride the long way home. I was taking the streets because I felt a bit more safe that way. I still had a very scary, unsafe, feeling and felt like something was following me the whole way home. I was moving very quick, as you could imagine, so what ever I thought was following me would have had to really shift to keep up.

I got home really scared, and went to bed with the light on. I still felt an uneven presence, so I said a prayer. After this I felt the presence lift and was able to fall asleep.

The next morning the weird stuff started to happen. I woke up to get ready for school, and the radio switched itself on. It flicked rapidly through radio stations, and loudly and clearly I heard "Do you feel like something evil is about to happen to you? Well, it just might". Then nothing, just static. It was one of those really cheesy advertising voices that make you want to punch the guy in the face, but it scared the Hell out of me.

I then went to the shower. I turned on the radio in the shower to experiment with what had just happened. I turned it on. Nothing but static. I moved my hand toward the radio, and the second I touched it, it worked. I took my hand away, and static. Place my hand back up on the radio, it worked, and so on. I didn't really mind at the moment, because I found that interesting. I played it off to something scientific or something like that.

A few other weird things have happened to me, but nothing that couldn't be proved scientifically. But something happened to me about two weeks ago.

I told my dad about everything that happened. He told me things are going to get weirder and scarier, but he will help me and protect me.

The following night, at roughly two or three in the morning, I was lying down in bed not able to get to sleep. Outside my door is material going down the hallway, to line the floor and to prevent the white carpet from getting dirty. At the bottom of my bedroom door there it a small piece of material. It rests on the outside. It slightly dims the light that comes under the door, but you can still see the light under the door. When someone walks past my door, I can see it if the lights are off in the room, because the shadow moves past the door, blocking the light temporarily. I was laying down, staring in that general direction, and I heard some weird sounds. I stared directly at the bottom of the door to see if anyone was there. I didn't expect anything. But three or four seconds after the sounds, a shadow moved past the door, and the light coming through the door increased greatly.

I walked over to my door absolutely dreading it, but I needed confirmation that this wasn't normal. I knew there was definitely something in my hallway because the material was scuffed. Which is why the light coming through the bottom of the door increased. I knew something really was there. The other scary thing, that I forgot to mention, was that it paused for a second right outside my bedroom door. Then continued.

I walked to my sisters bedroom and she was out cold. I checked by shaking her. She still didn't wake up, so I was satisfied with that, and continued to my dad's room. I opened the door and checked if he was asleep. He was too. I needed to wake him up and tell him what had just happened. I did this, but with difficulty.

We then searched the house intensely. I had a meat cleaver because, once again, I felt that same scary, uneven presence. We found nothing, but I knew there was something there. And IT knew which bedroom was mine.

Thankfully, I have not yet had anymore encounters. From my observations, I have found that each encounter has been more intense than the last. I am dreading the fact that I might actually come face to face with what ever it is. I will not back down, though, because I believe that if I run, it will just follow me.

Please comment on what you think this might be.

Simo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, simo067, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bbktkkt (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
I've played with a ouija board a while ago. It said some scary stuff to us. Bad things started to happen also. And my friend burnt it. But it kept coming back, one way or another. You could try to burn it, but good luck with that. Hopefully it works for you. I'm lucky there isn't some evil spirit following me around
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-21)
I have seen a computer go on and off like that before, it happened when the computer screen went, It freaked me out that when I took the cord out it was still going, but then I took the other cord out and it stopped and I realized that the first cord was the tower and the second the screen, you didn't see it start up all the way and go off all the way just the screen turn on and off probably every second.

Not saying it wasn't some presence doing it I'm just saying I have seen it.
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
creepy story. If you had seen the spirit would you have thrown your meat cleaver at it? Gonna make some spirit sushi...mmm... 😉
hannie2 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
You need to have your house blessed, and also yourselves. You have invited a dark presence into your life. You must be careful of everything you do, this presence can strike at any moment. NEVER EVER use Ouija Boards. They open the portal to so many bad spirits.

I second the idea of saying a prayer. Recite it in the morning, and before you go to bed, as those are the prime times for activity to happen.
sahana (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-28)
Hi,
Do you really believe what you've done? You have invited someone unwantedly into your life...I'm an Indian. My family has a divine gift from mother (Goddess Adhiparashakthi).There're many incidents where I've prayed for my friends and they get healed and cured. There's nothing greater than god power. If you really want to get out of this, when you feel scared, ask amma (mother) for help. She'll help you.There're other people who're asking for suggestions. It somehow occurred for me to reply to you. Believe me. Say this chant "Om sakthiye! Parasakthiye!" everyday morning and night. I assure that nothing can touch you. Bless you!
phantom42 (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
It sounds like this is either a negative spirit or a demon. It was a bad idea to use the board, and I don't think it has been long enough to consider yourself to be "in the clear". My guess is that these incidents will likely persist and intensify until you get help, or it just decides to leave you alone (which can sometimes happen). If it is a demon, this is serious. But, whatever it is, do not show any weakness... And do NOT burn the ouija board.
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
DownSouth hmmmmm you might want to do a Karma check, did anything bad happen to that kid you gave the board to? Remember the rule of 3 whatever you do returns 3 fold. Anything super bad happen in your life, or 3 really bad things all in a row kind of thing? You will know what I mean if it did, if it hasnt yet you might want to say a prayer or do a spell asking for forgivness whichever you prefer. Some innocent actions can come back to haunt us later in life
AmberMoonPriestess (15 stories) (158 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
i just want to add one thing to Hoochlers advice, burn a black candle at each cardinal point (north south east and west) in the room you do the closing in, Despite popular misconceptions black candles are for Banishing Evil not summoning it but if you are not comfortable with using black white candles (for purity) or purple (for spiritual work) will work as well until you know for sure the spirit is gone wear a white quartz, amethyst, or smoky quartz for protection.

If youd like to email me privately for more info look me up on yahoo as TawnyShadow
DownSouth (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-03)
I wouldn't mess with Ouija boards. I was a kid and bought one with my babysitting money, thinking it was a kids game, you know, "Who will I marry" blah, blah! Nothing happened, nothing scary. Only played with it a few minutes, it didn't move. Then someone told me not to mess with them, you can conjure up demons, or something similar to that affect, the devil, whatever. So I said, "The first person that comes to the door, I'm handing it to them, they can keep it". No sooner after I said that, someone knocked and I handed it to them and closed the door, after I said, "Do you want this?" His eyes lit up, all happy saying, "Yeah!" 😆 I can't believe I shut the door in his face, I was so afraid to have him in the house with that board. It was some kid that liked me, that I wasn't too crazy about, he was a little strange though. I wasn't so sure at the time if it was true that it could conjure up demons either, but I didn't want to take any chances, it scared me from playing with it... Then as I got older hearing all kinds of weird stories about Ouija boards, I can only say DON'T mess with them anymore, and it might be too late, things still happen from playing with them for some people like you, hell with that.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
first off I believe that only evil can come from ouija boards. I am a christian and in the bible it says to never mess with those satanic things... And I believe that. I think the devil has taken advantage of your curiosity and is playing off your emotions. I think you should pray for Gods help and protection because he will never leave you, but you need to believe in him and Gods mercy before he will help you.

As for the radio thing... Sometimes it will be static but when you touch it it will become clear because of the electric impulses in our bodies, but the message you heard is certainly not normal and its really creepy!
Ron4Sara (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-13)
Burn the bord
I have had friends deal with ghost
And even to say to my advatage yet disapontment someone in my family use a Ouija bord
Also pray and pray and pray
BUY A FEW DOZZEN BIBLES
And don't ever and I mean ever do anything that stupied again its amazing what you people do
dalejr88fan3 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Personally I think when you and the other friends used the Ouija board, you may have let loose a demonic enity. Because from all the stories I have read on here, all pretty much had the same result. Something unholy and evil being set free. This is why I do not mess with them things. They are evil and any one who uses them or continues to use them is only inviting the bad to happen. Getting to the point, I do believe that an evil entity was freed and like white buffalo said it knew who to pick out... And I seriously believe it was you who it wanted the most. I do believe that things followed you more than the others. Because you kept saying about how you kept looking at that bus. And about the reserve thing. To me, I would pray to the good lord above and ask for protection and don't say some cheesy incantation or weird so called protection prayer... Only the good lord above can stop this evil from bothering you. And one final piece of advice. DONT USE THAT THING AGAIN... I'm not yelling at you, I am just saying what I feel is best. I hope that these events stop and you get relief soon.
sweet_girl (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Oh God! Such a scary experience. It made hairs on my neck stand.😨
I hope you are not facing any trouble now. I think now you will never try to mess with Ouija boards again.
God bless you. 😊

****Be Happy! Spread Smiles!****
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
I would also suggest a prayer, a prayer of protection.
"Ex-or-see-so tay, em-moon-diss-uh-mee-speer-e-toos, in nom-en-ee Doh-men-ee no-stree Yay-sue Kris-tee" Latin
Translated into English "I exorsise you, unclean spirit. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Mia (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
you should never play with an auija board
They attract negative identity. Mostly Demons. It seem that you have a negative identity with you. You should protect yourself I suggest a prayer. Don't be affraid to it because spirits feed on fear.
Just be aware that if it ends up in physical attack your in great danger because it will be hard to get rid off.
If you have any question I be happy to answer them.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Oh, no,no, I received a few e-mails, Hoochler, and had to explain my position. Sorry that it came out all wrong.
I was being accused of being hypocritical telling THIS author NOT to use a board, when I tell just about everyone else that I can not tell them NOT to. SOME of the mails specifically named your comment as one that "slammed", but I DID NOT SEE THAT as I was reading it.
I do not know <shrug> I thought we handled that well without the added "go check that outs".
My apologies for the misunderstanding. I should have explained that a lot better.
Thank you.

Please excuse the interruption to your page, simo067.
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
I wasn't trying to slam you whitebuffalo, in fact, I was trying to do the opposite. I was just trying to make it easier for the author to accept our help and to respond. I have read many of your posts, I know that this was not in typical character for you. I have a lot of respect for the things you say. So much so, I specifically went out of my way to state that I agreed with everything you said in your post.

I noticed that a lot of Ouija threads tend to get people saying things like "NEVER use a Ouija board" or something similar and nothing else. That is not advice to help them out now, it is a lecture. A lot of people respond negatively to lectures (especially if it might be hard for them to ask for help in the first place). I was trying to shift the focus away from lectures and towards a solid conversation on ways to address this situation.

I am glad you weren't offended, because that was not my intent. My intent was to offer help to the author and make it as palatable for them as possible so that they partake in the discussion as possible. I see the author is from Australia, so maybe we will wake up tomorrow to an update from him.

If, after this is behind him, the author wants to dabble in Ouija boards again, I will be here to give whatever feeble advice I can offer. It is him that pays the price for dabbling, not me. I am just happy that he shares his experience with us (this is a great way to learn) and is open to our help.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
I am pretty sure that the comment written by Hoochler was not solely pointed in my direction. No offense was taken, I just thought I would add a few words in the spirit of discussion.
I have to say, that if this story happened JUST as it was written, and there was GREAT urgency on righting the wrong, I would THINK that the author would have checked in, and answered a few of the questions, or slammed part of the comments.
I, personally, fully expected that. That is why the "tone" of my comment is so much different than what those of you who KNOW me would expect.
I can not state that a person should not use a Ouija board. I will not state that.
What I would truly, and HONESTLY enjoy, would be for the author to check in for solutions on his dire situation. I am ASKING the author to do so.

Succubiluv- that last comment you made?
Exactly.

Thank you.
lilmzzoufan (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
something I find quite odd is that hasbro has made the ouija board. It says for ages 8 and up. I quite personally being 13 think that even that is too young to use his board. I would say that the more acceptable age would be about fifteen so that they have sense on how to close the board and know that it is not just a game. It is a very dangerous device, that if the child does not close the board properly, they may no know to go back and close the board, and may wind up getting seriously hurt by what little kids do. I am either never going to use this board, or waiting until I am fifteen, but I find it interesting that hasbro has made it and classified it for eight and up. And they say that it is just game, and do not propose intstructions on how to close it. Yet if it is by another company, they usually state everything about it. It is just ammusing. Best of luck though, I am phychic, yet you shall know, and I feel like you are going to get this resolved before it gets seriously dangerous, but you should do it soon, because if not, you might be minorly injured and if you don't do it quickly after that, you may be seriously injured. Best of luck!
~Beth
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Never mess with the board, I feel sorry for you and your friends. But listen to all the advise, Hoochler has given some very good advise, take it and correct what you have all done. I bet you won't be messing with anything like that again.
Good Luck
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Although I believe everything that whitebuffalo said (especially that what is happening with the spirit will NOT end until the Ouija session is closed properly), I think that coming to this site and asking for help can sometimes be like going to the dentist for some people. Some people, for whatever reason, avoid going to a dentist for a LONG time, then only go once the prognosis is dire. Part of what keeps some of them away is that they are sensitive to being lectured by the dentist that they should have behaved differently and this ironically can act to keep them away from dentists in the future. I don't want you to shy away from asking for paranormal help if you need it.

I think dude knows he messed up. He is coming to us to help him. Simo067, look in my YGS profile by clicking on my name to read about ways that spirits can attack you and ways you can defend yourself. This will only go so far though in your case, because you NEED to close the Ouija session. Read the story I posted called "Unwelcome Ouija Visitor" if you want details of what happened to me when I left my Ouija session open. If your spirit is particularly strong (as your radio story indicates), the defenses I explain in my profile will help but they will not be enough. Also, your entity may have access to more than thoughtforms if it can control the radio like that.

Your spirit sounds stronger than the one I encountered, and rest assured that it is sitting in the back ground learning the lay of the land and growing its power. The longer it is allowed to exist on this plane (attached to you), the harder it will be to finally get rid of it (and it will stay attached to you). Left unchecked, it is very possible that this spirit can ruin your life and the lives of those close to you. You need to get rid of it.

Go back to the original site of the Ouija, get as many of the original people who partook in summoning the entity that night as you can, use the same board and contact the entity. You should know if you are talking to the same entity, it will have a familiar feel and should communicate in a similar manner. Be sure to not put it in the driver's seat again, you MUST continue to be the one in control, especially if you are afraid. It does not take courage to do something you aren't afraid of.

Once you get the same entity to respond, thank it for responding to your summons in a polite manner, but tell it respectfully but firmly that it MUST go back to where it came from now, that is no longer welcome here. Say goodbye to it. If the planchette will not move to goodbye on its own (which I doubt now it will) then you must do as whitebuffalo said and physically force the planchette to goodbye. Once you do this, flip the board over to indicate with finality that the session is over. Don't be surprised if the entity does not leave right away, but with the original portal closed it should at least start to get weaker over time. Always treat it with respect but be firm and clear in what you want it to do.

Feel free to write me an e-mail if you have questions.

Hoochler
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
This story only adds to the reasons why I will NEVER use a Ouija.
Blessed Be -
ParaTam
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
One more note on the "open you give" phrase.
In satanic communications sentences are often inverted; to decipher the messages, the words have to be un-inverted to read as standard script.

So, as whitebuffalo says, the phrase really means "you give an opening" or, "you are giving an opening".
Not easily deciphered by a beginner Ouijist, but by no means to be taken as idle spirit gossip!
essiej (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Whoo, she let you have it with "no holds barred", didn't she? I think you named the story right. Boiling grease. I thought you saved that saying for us. Guess not.
Boo123 (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
I guess that's a buzz I don't want. I Dont know much about Ouija boards, I think I will stay away from it 😉
Randcan (62 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Dear Simo, Since you got results/response, you should get some help from someone confident who'll cleanse your house and your field (body). If the person has mediumship ability, that's even better. Even if the activity stops, still resolve this, because they can lie dormant for a long time. You'll be ok. Whatever it/they do, remember your life force kicks butt. Fine, you made a mistake. That's life/we're curious. But... Reclaim your plane.
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
I dreamt of my 3 kids a few years before there conception whislt living with there dad. And I got my 3 ids in the dream without the use of an ouija board and I was dumb enough to use one homemade baord once out of paper to ask the questions of will I have the children I saw in the dream. Oujia boards are not games don't play one again please after you close it off. Not worth the risks!
I used an ouija board that predicted a miscarriage would happen in me 2007 before it happened on feb 13th 2007! Also a spirit did a figure 8. I used a bible on the board and a cross there and I wrote on the board God bless. Got in touch with a woman who drowned and someone named Seth. Don;t know if the whole religious thing on the board worked at all. I'm happy to say I have had a healthy baby girl after my miscarriage and my biggest baby who was born in the month of July on the date of 22nd that it predicted. When I was pregnant with Locke after I used the board a light fixture ripped from the wall and glass smashed all oevr the passage way from the bulb and right where I was sleeping and about 20 weeks pregnant with Locke. I dreamt of a tall red headed man out to hurt a pregnant me.
Www.myspace.com/rainbowpuddles
Lilike (Lily) Weisz 0-5 years
Http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eyDKtMZQdpc
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Creepy experiences indeed! Wow your story was very scary! I used an ouija board that predicted my miscarriage would happen in 2007 before it happened! Also died a figure 8 ysed a bible on the board and a cross there and I wrote on the board God bless. Got in touch wioth a woman who drowned and someone named Seth. I'm happy to say I have had a healthy baby girl after the miscarriage my biggest baby who was born in the month of July on the date of 22nd that it predicted. When I was pregnant with Locke after I used the board a light ficture ripped from the wall and glass smashed all oevr the passage way from the bulb and right where I was sleeping and about 20 weeks pregnant with Locke. I dreamt of a tall red headed man otu to hurt a pregnant me.
Www.myspace.com/rainbowpuddles
Lilike (Lily) Weisz 0-5 years
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Well, Hello, Succubiluv.
Nice to see you again.
I was offered that phrase once, a long time ago, when the dinosaurs still roamed the earth. 😆 The woman who was teaching me proper procedures specifically said THAT was them letting you know, THIS is NOT the average communication. THIS was "my" warning that "...all Hell was about to break loose, get out of Dodge, Sweetie, cause this one is going to hurt."
I DO use a board. I have not received as many warnings as what was provided here, I believe in the entire time I have used. This was unavoidable due to the fact that the warnings were ignored. Should they have been adhered to, NONE of this mess would have gone any further. The door COULD have been slammed shut, the portal resealed (I use "portal" lightly. ONE being made it through. A portal let's MANY through), and all the locks put back into place. As it IS, none of that is possible, and the planchette may HAVE to be forced to "goodbye".

Do not play with fire. You may actually get your hand pulled away in time, but the boiling pot of grease is going to get ya.
Thank you.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-17)
Did'nt know what to make of that phrase, whitebuffalo, the 'open you give' phrase.
Also, I notice from readings that Ouija spirits seem to pick out certain participants over others, as you say.
Your assessment is enlightening, especially on the phrase.
I say that because, lo and behold, it matches the results following in the story, the repercussions!
Going back to close the session sounds like good advice based on general info on this subject.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: