You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pssst Help Me

Real Ghost Stories

Pssst Help Me

 

Being a control freak this situation is really starting to bother me and is taking up a lot of my time worrying about it.

It started about 1 week ago with a sound like "PSSSST" (like when someone wants to tell you a secret). I was at work and this "Pssst" sound was right in my ear but sounded like it was moving past me.

So picture it like this, you hear a PSST sound run past your ear, so you turn and look and nothing, you ask the woman across the office and she heard nothing and then hear the sound again 3-10 times a day.

Now that you've pictured that, here's the other part.

The other night (Thursday, Nov. 13) my boyfriend and I were watching "I.Robot" before bed and throughout the movie I kept hearing a girl's voice say "help me". I would rewind and replay the part of the movie every time I hear it and upon replay there was nothing, no voice. I'd say it happened 3 or 4 times before I just turned the movie off completely and went to sleep.

And last night (which I'm not sure is anything paranormal) my dog crawled up and lied across my stomach, which woke me up. He started whimpering and barking at my bathroom. I got up and turned all the lights on (prepared to beat the S#!T out of someone who could be in my house because I have a irrational fear of someone coming into my house while I sleep) nothing was there.

Answers anyone please-what can I do? This is something I can't control, I can't tell this voice to talk to me and tell me what it wants, or tell it to leave me alone. How can I help it? I am a believer and I am open-minded to advice, please help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaykay2945, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

_miss_jacob1205525 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
Maybe you could get some Holy Water from a church, tell them your problem, and they might give it to you. But this spirit just doesn't seem very bad. Maybe you should just let it be so it doesn't get more angry. 😕
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
You could try to hold a seance. If you'd rather not use a Ouija Board then you could do it the old fashoined way. Like you could try to get an EVP. If you don't have a voice recorder then any time of camera that records sound would work. If you can't get your hands on that then you could get a disposible camera and try to call the spirit to you. Then take pictures and see if anything apears. I hope that helped. Good Luck!

~Blessed Be~
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Now, that IS interesting, Surya.
You can e-mail me this answer, if you so choose. Is it being rude to ask you why you would not use salt in the house? I mean, is there a property TO salts that could do the reverse of what I (as of right now 😊) have come to think? I am always open to new knowledge.
Thank you.

Excuse me, Kay.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
No Whitebuffalo I would not use salt in the home, that is why I asked. I have however got the Elder berries in the home. Learn something new everyday, thank you. 😉
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Well, sure, Surya.
I understand.
WE use a ground up course salt to run a line around a dwelling. Without saying too much (as I am afraid I MAY offend some people), we put the course salt in an earthen bowl and with a wooden grinder, prepare the salts for a "sealing" (in an unbroken line about the dwelling). For US, the salts around the house WOULD get rid of negative energies, whereas the salts WITHIN the house draw POSITIVE energies. Kind of like a big old magnet.
When grinding the salts, "you" empower them. So "you" would want the ground ones OUTSIDE. Dwellings already contain an energy all their own (and borrowed from other things) and "you" would not want to amplify this energy, as it would THEN be out of balance. Perfect balance within a home is imperative to happy living.
I just thought, in this case, that the little girl seems scared of the boyfriend, and she may need a bit of positive input. Make the home feel gentle, and not quite so frightening.
I hope I cleared that up, and did not make it more confusing. 😊 Would you NOT use salts WITHIN the home?

Sorry for the interruption, Kay. I am just gathering more information. 😉
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Whitebuffalo, I could not help notice in one of your comments you recoomend pure salts (like sea salt or something similar, but pure), a bit of holy water (or pure water. You can get holy water from just about any Catholic Church) and "sprinkle and dash" ALL areas of your home. Sprinkle a bit of the water on all of the walls, door ways, windows etc, and follow it up with the dashing of the salt.

I would recoomend the same but maybe the rock salt would be better scattered outside all around the home and the water sprinkled in every room starting at the front door working o the back of the house. What do you think. But this is to rid negative energies, this sowes not sound like a negative energy. I am not having a dig I am curious that's all.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Good. Good. You are gathering information, and that is very helpful. I kind of had the feeling that he was an imposing man, but there was no real picture, so I had to ask.
Talks like a sailor 😆, TOTALLY understood! Actually, it COULD be his terminology that makes her shy away. Depending on how long ago this little girl passed, it MAY have not been socially acceptable to use a few choice words (just something to think about. Not much you can do about the way he talks 😊).
As long as you are not scared, I would encourage you to go ahead with it. YOUR comfort is MOST important, remember. This IS your home. Should you start to feel uncomfortable with the situation, simply step back out of it. You are under no moral obligation to go any further than you already have. You have done SO much more than MOST would do.
Keep us posted.
Thank you.
kaykay2945 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
i tried one evp by asking questions, but my Boyfriend was in the room and I didn't get a sound. I am ready to try again with just me and her. I know that there's a possibility of more then just her talking to me, I'm not scared though. --- yes my boyfriend is very intimidating, 6ft tall, looks like a caveman, talks like a sailor.
The voice that said "hey" sounded like a whisper straight into the mic. There was no one in the house at the time of recording.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
How do you feel about sitting down in your room with a recorder and just asking questions? I would think if you had some recordings when you were not there, you MAY be able to get some very good ones, perhaps even a running conversation (no promises, there are NO certainties) with her.
Do you recall if there was a male in the vicinity of the recorder at the time you were using it? Or does the "Hey" sound more like a disembodied voice?
That would be my FIRST question to her, as I sat holding the recorder. "Are you here alone?" Get the important facts out first, that way you have a clearer picture of what it is that you are facing. I would personally prefer to know that there was a possibility that there are others there as well, instead of finding out in a frightening manner.
I bet you WERE comforted to hear her voice on the recorder. There have been times when I tried to convince myself that I was just tired, or the kids had me frazzled, or there is NO WAY I am hearing THAT, but to actually have a bit of proof is QUITE a relief.

I may ACT crazy at times, I would just hate to find out that I really AM. 😊

I am so glad that you do not appear to have taken my question of other men in the house the wrong way. That is why I thought I had better explain things from MY life.
I was just trying for a way to test the theory of her being scared of your boyfriend. Is he an imposing man? Large, muscular, seemingly powerful? Just trying to think of obvious reasons that she may be scared of him, other than he is male. In that there was a male VOICE on the recorder, that MAY be an important fact.
I am NOT like most people. I tend to want to know about the ghosties that need assistance. I like to know parts of their life that may assist the journey. I feel that it is important to know a few details, not EVERY aspect of their life, but just enough that I get a "feel" for who they WERE (at least a name to call them by). It is a help when I am trying to talk them into heading over to The Other Side.
I would HATE to get the question "What about my family?" and for me to say, "they are waiting for you on the Other Side" to find out that this is a detrimental thought to the being. As in, they MAY not BE dead. I do not want to lie to them to GET them to Cross Over.
What do you think? Are you up for another recording session?
Thank you.
kaykay2945 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
No, I never have other men in my home exept for our mutual friends and even then my boyfriend is home as well. Also, I put an voice recorder in my bedroom for 20 minutes and went outside, I hear her on the evp. Some words are very clear, she said, "mine" - "should I go now" - "i love you" - "ok, come on" - and she made tapping noise twice, but there was also a mans voice that said "hey" and said nothing else. She sounds to be age 5 or 6. I was actually comforted to hear her voice on evp, now I know for a fact its not imagination. And yes, she turned my stove off. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
You may have something there, Kay.
This little girl just MAY be frightened by your boyfriend.
Please do not think I am suggesting you are improper by this next question (In my way of life, to be alone with ANY man who is not my husband would be the ultimate in impropriety). Is there ever a time when you, the little girl, and a DIFFERENT man is in the home? A father of either of you two, a neighbor, friend? If there HAS been such an instance, is she silent THEN as well? I ask as it may not be solely your boyfriend that she is frightened of. It MAY be MEN.
I would try an experiment. Try having a male in your home when you try to communicate with her (for me, I would have to ask my Father to be here).

Huh. She turned the stove off? Are you able to guesstimate the age of her? How old does she SOUND?
Thank you.
kaykay2945 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
WB- I suppose you could say I'm younger, I do not know your age but I am 18, so I'm young yes. I am starting to think that she is scared of my boyfriend as she will only make a noise or do anything when he is not near me (other room, or further) such as last night I was cooking dinner (mexican chicken soup:) yum) and the stove was on med-high heat, I walk away because my boyfriend called me into the back room and when I came back the stove had been turned off.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
Hi and thank you fro sharring this story with us. I understand how this can be annoying for you. You are confused maybe a little scared and basically you don't know what's going on. I believe that what realy made me understand that this realy is something to do with the paranormal was when your dog came to you. You see animals tend to see and feel more then we do. They can get scared. SO I realy do believe you have a spirit attaced to you. I would listen to what Whitebuffalo has to say because she knows a lot about this stuff and I'm sure she wants to help you. I think that's the best advice I can give you. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Thank you Kay. I appreciate your coming back and answering.
I really do not get the feel that this will turn into a bad thing. She really does not sound like it, with just the description that you have provided. I would again suggest using the water and salts.
I am going to ask you a personal question. You do not have to answer it publicly, but I have the feeling that you are a younger person (meaning younger than myself) It MAY be that this little one is "replacing" with YOU. Perhaps YOU are her stand in Mother.
If that be the case, give her time. Keep sitting with her and talking with her. She may not answer you audibly (that is where the EVP's would come in handy) but it would sound as if she is paying close attention to you.
There are other ways to communicate which may be easier for you. Especially if she has enough energy to move things. Left, yes. Right, no (if asking her to move an object). Two knocks, yes. One knock, no (knock on a table, wall, or some such thing). Knock over the pink bear if you...
Be creative. This is a child. They LIKE games. But make sure you fully explain what you would like her to do. Explain clearly what it is that YOU are going to do. Do not make her guess. That could cause more confusion for her. She has already been confused enough.
Thank you.
kaykay2945 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
small note to those giving me advice, when I said "im a beleiver" I was reffering to spirits, I actually am not at all religious and would prefer not to take that route. But, I still thank everyone for the advice, I really appreciate your willingness to help.
kaykay2945 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Well, I have tried some evp and also to just talk to her (as if she was sitting with me) but she doesn't seem to want to talk when I ask her to. She does follow me around though, home, work, even while I'm driving. And she's not always active, but when she is she makes it clear, her voice is as if she's really there. I'm sure she'll never do any real harn, other then waking me up, or taunting my dog, but I want to help her if she wants help, and she clearly asked for help, but I just need to know how
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Hello Kaykay, and welcome.
In your last paragraph you state "I can't tell this voice to talk to me and tell me what it wants, or tell it to leave me alone." May I please ask you why that is?
If SHE is talking TO you, than it is possible for you to talk to her. Or is it more of a personal reason as to why you can not talk to her?
IF you can not, for personal reasons, may I suggest using some pure salts (like sea salt or something similar, but pure), a bit of holy water (or pure water. You can get holy water from just about any Catholic Church) and "sprinkle and dash" ALL areas of your home. Sprinkle a bit of the water on all of the walls, door ways, windows etc, and follow it up with the dashing of the salt.
There are more complex ways in which to help her go. There are also a few simple ones as well. This one is one of the most simple. I would caution you, that it does not always work the first time. You MAY have to repeat the process, or find a different one that would work better.
Many people who have direct communication with "young" ghosts would describe them in much the same way as you did in your comment. They are children. <Shrug> Children play.
I do not think that she intends to throw you off. I do not think that she really realized that you could hear her (I think the episode with the telly may have proved that to her, though).
I just caught the first few sentences in your comment, I am sorry.
Could you tell me what you think may have gone wrong with the communication with her?
Thank you.
kaykay2945 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Im not scared of her, or threatened by her, I believe she's is just a little girl. I'm not scared to talk to her, I try to talk to her, I do want to help, but its like shes playing a game, and thinks its funny. She'll make a noise, ill look, she'll move something, ill move it back.

I came up with a thought the otherday about the first reaccuring dream I had when I was young, about 4, about a young girl with dark hair in the backseat of a car, a man (probly her dad) was driving the car, he had short dark hair and was wearing a t-shirt. It was as if I was looking in from the back passenger window at the little girl. Anyways they are driving along and she looks at me and their car get smashed from the side by a 18 wheeler. And I wake up.

I had this dream over and over for about 4 years until I trained myself to wake up at the begining, so that I didn't have to see them die again and again.

Maybe it could be her, but because of this dream, my whole life I have had a rediculous fear of being anywhere near an 18 wheeler, and I drive a big truck because I'm scared to drive a car. ❤
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Be kind to the entity, but assert your right to live in peace. If this is bothering you, making you nervous, etc... Question why it is there, and what it needs. You can tell her she has passed (be gentle), and tell her she is not of the physical realm any longer. Tell her she needs to move on, she cannot stay with you (it sounds like she attached herself to you). If she has been to your job, and is affecting you at home... You need to do something. Call a paranormal group and ask them for help. You can do a cleansing of your home, Just email me and I will give you simple tips how to so. Blessings, Ghostseer
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
I know you say you can't tell this voice to talk to you and tell you what it wants, or tell it to leave you alone but you are going to have to be brave and do just that. Do you feel threatened at all? The other thng you may want to do is find out the history of the place you are living in.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Well. I have had luck doing EVP's. Darken you room. Explain what a recorder does. Ask them what they need. I would also tell them to not bother / scare you. You will try to help. Remember, "Ghosts" were / are people. They had lives, families, jobs, bill,...etc. Most people don't want to hurt you. Neither do they. Perhaps they are confused or need you to help them "Cross over". Give the EVP thing a shot. Don't be frightened. Sometimes the EVP's sound scary. I have done it for a long time and I am just fine. I think scary sounding EVPs are just how the Audio comes through to us. Just my advice. Ask them what they need.
ricola (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Dear kaykay2945,

Have you considered trying to find someone who can really "sense" energies? A medium for example. Perhaps they could help explain what this entity wants from you.

Good luck! I hope everything sorts itself out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: