You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Evp Experience

Real Ghost Stories

Evp Experience

 

I have been interested in EVP ever since I heard of it in the late eighties. I then became a member of AA-EVP when Sarah Estep ran it. I had called her a couple of time with ideas, and she was very helpful. So I got equipment together during the summer of 1991, and got set up with a program. I used cassette tapes with an expensive recorder, and equalizer, and a multi-ban radio for white noise. I kept a notebook of all my recordings, and asked five questions a night and reviewed my recording form the night before with good headphones. I did this for a few months with no results.

Then one night I got a clear message, it was October 8, 1991, and I asked the question "is anyone with me". The next night I got a clear question back to me asking. "Where is Vicki"? I was scared and thrilled for the first time to get a message. It was class a recording. I have no idea who "Vicki" is, but I have to believe that this person may have lived here before at my rental house. I have that on tape and documented. I tried a few more nights and had no results.

I then gave it up as I went to collage and worked full time that fall, and it left me with no time to peruse this. Eventually I ended up taking it all down for the needed room. I then moved to a house I bought in 1995. I set the equipment back up in my basement office where I am writing this now. But I never did any recordings for all these years- I do not know why I did not, but the equipment just sat there for years.

It was August 1st 2007, just last year when I tried it again. It was the night you may have heard when the Minneapolis I-35 Bridge collapsed and killed many. It was shocking news to us and made national news.

I decided to start recording that night. My question was addressed to the ones who died in the accident. I turned off the tape recorder and was turning off my multi-band radio for white noise, and as I turned if off I heard a loud human sounding squeal like the breath was taken away form a dying person. It was so creepy. I turned on and doff the radio many times to see if I could get it again, but never did. It was a scary sounding noise and sorry to say I did not get that on tape.

I continued to tape for a couple more months and received no results. I then stopped again and have not recoded since. I don't know what it was I heard, but I do believe in EVP. I have talked to many people who had done this, and I am convinced that there is something to this. I will record again, soon I hope. I would love to hear from those who have recorded themselves.

Other hauntings by mulder81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mulder81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-20)
That was a creepy account Mulder!

You can never really know for sure if what you heard was actually one of the victims of that accident but it does sound like someone was "calling out" very much like the one looking for Vickie!
lazria (9 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
Your braver than myself. I tried a few times in my life to do "white-noise" recordings and somehow would get so un-nevered by even attempting that I quickly gave up. I love listening to EVP's, I love that creepy spine-tingling feeling I get when I hear a very convincing one. Maybe if you started up again, but perhaps in other locations (other than your house) you might be able to pick up some more. See if there is another local Ghost research/hunter group that would let you travel with them. Good luck:)
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
I might suggest moving to different rooms in your house. Remember spirits were once living people and don't always go into particular rooms for whatever reason. Also be careful with EVP it can sometimes bring on activity that was not there before.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-19)
As you can tell by my name, I do LOTS of recordings... Lol I have never used a "Tape" recorder but I can make some suggestions for equipment that gives us great luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: