You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Tall Entity

Real Ghost Stories

Tall Entity

 

This is my husband's story, but I have his permission to tell it, because he would like some feed back from others. This happened in an apartment in Provo that we no longer live in, but while we did, many interesting things happened.

My husband got up to use the rest room around three a.m. He was turning on the hallway light when, for what ever reason, he looked toward the front door and saw a tall gray figure. This figure was upward of 6 foot, and appeared to be in a dark grayish robe. He couldn't see it's face. This entity was not see through, or misty, or floating, but a very substantial solid figure.

He said that it didn't give him the feeling that is was an evil or harmful entity, but he said it felt powerful. This entity seemed to shift it's weight, like it was thinking about walking toward my husband. That is when he ran into the bathroom and didn't leave it for a half an hour. When he told me about it in the morning, I asked why he didn't wake me. He said that he was trying to be considerate.

Obviously it was gone when he finally left the bathroom. He hasn't seen anything like it since. Those apartments are really old and for Provo, Utah, they are in a bad part of town. A lot of our neighbors had drug problems which seemed to attract a lot of negative energy to all of the apartments. But like I said, it didn't feel evil to him, only that is was very powerful.

I have been doing some research and can't quite find anything like this, so if you have an experience like this, or have read something about an entity like this, I would love for you to tell me about it.

Other hauntings by shandi

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shandi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

gemini_syndrome (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-19)
I saw one in a cemetery when visiting my mom's grave. I was the only one who saw it. I could feel that it was indeed powerful. I haven't been able to find out what that was either.🤔
deidrej24 (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
Hoochler- not all enities are cloudy or transparent. All 3 times I seen enities they were all solid. Even the shadow figure was a solid black. And I once seen 4 men in my room very demonic looking but they were as clear as you and I.
VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-12)
I didn't think Provo had a drug problem. This is news. Aside from that, cloaked figures are so iconic in paranormal lore that it's hard to get a bead on what they mean in this particular case. Sounds like a Jungian thing, maybe.
HauteCouture (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-24)
I have seen the same exact thing you are talking about. What I saw wasn't wearing a robe, but a cape (think Dracula or Snow White, it was a side view and the cape had one of those tall collar things). The figure was as tall as the french doors in my fiances old kitchen and passed behind them so I didn't see where it came from or where it went. I also didn't get any feelings from it. I couldn't believe what I had witnessed.
Mathy (3 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-23)
My husband did saw a tall figure standing by roadside while he was driving home on late night. The road was near the very old cemetry. This figure looks extremely tall and very dark and black in color. It was disappeared when my husband U-turn back to see what it is figures.

I believe it is more than a human ghost figure. Its must be "somethingelse". Demon?
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-22)
Hoochler, sorry I guess I need to be more clear of what up wards of six feet means. His head almost hit our ceiling this entity was taller than anyone who isn't considered a giant. Choulteca is right my husband got the overwhelming sence that it was powerful and not in a human way. Really we just want some ideas as to what it could have been.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Certainly!, you can feel if what you are facing is human or not 😐 you get those chilli goose bumps (hope this is the correct sentence...)
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
Give the guy some credit here. I'm sure he was able to differentiate whether or not it was a human or not. There are numerous accounts on this site from people stating that the spirit or ghost took on solid, almost human quality. She stated that many interesting things had already happened...
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
If I saw someone (solid) dressed in a grey robe walking around my home at night, I would assume it was a human intruder and act to defend myself and family.

Why does your husband assume this was an entity other than the normal human variety? Is there more to the story that wasn't explained here?

Where's Tonith!? Tonith, I am curious what your analysis of this is.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: