You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: That Wasn't Me

Real Ghost Stories

That Wasn't Me

 

This happened to my mom. My mom (her name is Penny) was downstairs chopping lettuce or something, getting ready for dinner. She noticed how cold it was getting in the house, and asked me to turn on the fire. The fire flickered on and she said her thanks. My mom continued getting dinner ready when she saw someone walk past the doorway to the kitchen. She called my name.

I was upstairs, the entire time, watching a movie with my friend. When she called my name, I walked to the stair ledge and asked what it was. She had a surprised expression on her face and said that I was downstairs.

I said no, that I was upstairs the entire time. This gave us both the chills, because it wasn't me who had turned on the fire either.

Also, though this sounds strange, we have seen ghost ships or old colonial ships sail by our house at night sometimes. My mom doesn't believe in ghosts, but she still gets freaked out.

After this, many strange things have happened. We have noticed dead animals around our house too. Well, give me your comments.

Other hauntings by Kirby

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

hmb2002 (5 stories) (25 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-17)
I believe you. I think that you do have a ghost in your house, but I do not think it is a bad spirit. The ships: I think that there may have been a lake or sea or something next to your house a long time ago. Maybe people died on those ships and are coming back to earth to relive the time when they were alive. Thanks for posting such a great story!:-)
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
great story... Do you liv along side the see side...? Ships outside your window?
IsaacBPS (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-14)
That's creepy, why would that even happen in the first place? 😐 😨
Frankie_Elise (3 stories) (15 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-01)
Wow, that's interesting! My dad doesn't believe in ghosts, but he didn't have an explination for seeing "me" walk down the hall way and dissapear out the front door.

He went to the door and yelled out "get back her Fran!" but I popped my my head from the top floor and said I didn't go anywhere. He was freaked!

My dog still visits me, so yeah, it's not all bad 😊
Medicinecat (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-14)
Hiii kirby,
Im guessing you live by water?
That's so cool to see ships, and DEAD ANIMALS?!
-Medicinecat 😊
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-22)
Wow, I hope that spirit is a good guy. Keep looking out for it! And I hope your mom isn't too freaked out anymore.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-06)
Hi Kirby,
At least your spirit was helpful!That's a good thing. Jus wonders how a ship can be a ghost or people wear the same clothes- I think it's because it's just residual energy, from the era they were. If you said your great-grandfather paid you a visit wearing the latest fashionable tux from Armani, I'd have to say you're full of it! 😊
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-05)
That kind of thing happened to my mother
she heard crying and thought it was me
to her surprise I walked into the room dry eyed and smiling
she was baffled
ozonalions (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-08)
wow! Your mom thought that ghost was you!
oh is there flowing water going by your house
i think I see dead animals to I hope your ghost does not harm you
jus (6 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-18)
I wonder how the hell ships are ghost, and how people come back with their original clothing on... I don't get it.
M. (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-03-16)
Hello,Kirby
I believe you may have a spirit in your home. I also think, time is repeating itself when you see the colonial ships or ghost ships sailing by and the dead animals around your home. That does happen in this world.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: