You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Late Night Scare

Real Ghost Stories

Late Night Scare

 

This incident happened to me a few months back... Maybe in June or July. I am a working girl and I usually come home late from work, like around 10.30p.m. After that I have my dinner and then I sit on the internet checking my mails and stuffs... Which goes on until late.

Well where I stay, there's a big open ground behind... And during that time I used to hear a lot of dogs crying & howling exactly after 1.30a.m...Everyday!...And they would do that exactly for 20-30 minutes!...That used to scare the hell outta me... I could hardly sleep during that period of 30 minutes and only after they stopped crying could I sleep.

I told this to my sister and she told me that she'd heard from her friends that there was a burial ground somewhere near or around that ground and that it was haunted! That just gave me the creeps! After a few days she told me that she was hanging with few of her friends one night on the terrace of our building when suddenly far across the ground they saw a man who would appear and disappear, then again re-appear and disappear and they all freaked out and got out of the terrace as quickly as possible. I told her that it was just her mind playing tricks but she said that it was FOR REAL and that all of her friends saw the same thing!

Well the howling continued for a few days. But just as suddenly it had started, it stopped all of a sudden too! Thankfully now I sleep peacefully.

So can anyone tell me whether it had something to do with the supernatural or it was just some one-off incident which happened at the wrong time... Totally clueless! Also lemme tell you there's been no recurrence of that or any other incident yet!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SwtNyx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nastra (4 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-03-11)
i don't noe how to react to these things!
I am not able to believe in these super natural things!
I find them a little fake!
May be beacause I havnt expereinced as such!
:/
Swa (21 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-28)
Yeah I do agree that dogs have some connection with the supernatural. Cause similar incident happened nearby in our area. A man had died of an accident and his doberman Caesar used to howl until his 13th day (Hindus perform certain rights on this day) and from the 14th day, the area could sleep a sound sleep. So dogs, no doubt, have some connections with the supernatural
ananthu (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-05)
dogs may be howling after having their food my father too had these kind of experience during his childhood
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
Hi SwtNyx, Thanks for the story, This type of incident happens not frequently but it happens. Their is no explanation for such reasons.

The man's soul which your sister & her friends saw may be that man's life time on earth was not over & when his time was over he just vanished. This is the result of KARMA which we do during our life time on earth.

Can you tell which was that place. God Bless you all.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
how are you my dear swtnyx who played with my life and the responsible person for banning my account. Not with an intention or angry on you on whose ears are you keeping cauliflowers famously known in india definetely fiction!
Scary boy
Silly123 (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
All wild and domestic dogs howl... More so with the outdoor dogs. Thats how they make their present known to others... Some people always associate howling with dogs seeing things that are not in our spectra...
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-20)
Maybe it was trying to tell you something... Just a thought. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Is everything better now?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
Family are from Delhi, I have an aunt in Chandigar (excuse the spelling. I have not been to India since I was 11 years old, you can read why in my first story. Let us know if you have anymore happnings. By the way, I amsure you mum does anyway, burn some dhoop in the mornings, and pray.
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
Tonith, Unknown & Surya... Thanks for your comments.โค
So it can be possible that the dogs might've sensed or saw something supernatural... And that's why the behaviour... Also I'd read somewhere & even heard many times that animals do see & hear the supernatural as their senses are very powerful (the way they sense if someone is outside the door or they know when you are not well!)...dunno whether it's fact or fiction!

And Surya (Meena), we live with our Mom in Mumbai... Where are you originally from?๐Ÿ˜Š
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
Interesting story. Dogs usually cry if someone has died as well. It may not be someone close to the dog but they sense. Do you and your sister live alone or with parents and where abouts in India do you live.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
Animals can see the unseen, like dogs. Sometimes a ghost likes to appear and disappear, like the one you said in your story, to scare people away to protect an area, either their favorite area or a sacred area.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Hard to say what it was that set the dogs off but what Tiggy said makes a lot of sense. Our neighbors dog will howl when the town fire alarm goes off. I don't think it's the sound itself but the pitch of it she doesn't like. However when the owner's father was very sick the dog howled a lot too. So she sensed something. I'm glad it's stopped for you but it had to be unnerving. When a group of people witness a phenomenon skeptics think of it as mass hysteria. I don't buy that theory unless it was accompanied by a ton of suggestion before the sighting.
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Wow thanks for your insight Tiggy๐Ÿ˜Š...What you say does provide some explanation!...Neways I sure do hope I don't encounter this again!๐Ÿ˜
Tiggy (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
This is not a residential haunting per se, but rather what you (and the poor neighborhood dogs) have been experiencing is the energy created when spirits pass through an area. There is something about the geography of where you're located, almost as if there's a "paranormal highway" intersecting through a specific area of land that is close by. Anytime you or someone else feels they can "sense" something close by, or even catches a glimpse of a person not of this world, they are merely seeing a wandering spirit passing through.

It's nothing to be alarmed about. For whatever reason, there are areas on this earth where the "veil" between our world and theirs is considerably thin. This is why strange happenings occur in a specific area from time to time. It is totally random, and chances are you may never experience anything odd again. But if you do, rest assured it is not to be afraid of.
SwtNyx (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Hi Chris & Kurlz and thanks for commenting... First of all I'd like to inform that the dogs didn't bark, they would cry or howl๐Ÿ˜Š! I too was confused when they would start crying and then stopping abruptly! But lemme assure you it sounded more scarier at that time๐Ÿ˜จ...
And Chris, your theory can be right... Maybe they didn't like the cat, but they would've barked at it... Not cried!๐Ÿ˜†
And also I'm too scared to do any research on my own, also as I said, such incidents didn't happen again!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. Its actually very hard to determine what exactly this could be. There can be so many explanations. Somone could have been walking but that the dogs didn't like or a cat ran by them just some many things could have happened. But what your sister saw sure is paranormal. I would say she was lucky that she saw this aswell as her friends. I'm sure this spirit doesn't mean any harm. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Not quite sure what it could have been. Seems really strange the dogs began barking at the same time every single night, then abruptly stopped. It definately could have been paranormal, but it could have been something completely different. As for what your sister and her friends saw that most definately could have been a ghost (its hard for people to appear, disappear, then do it again), especially if they all saw the same thing.
Have you considered researching the land to see if it is a burial ground or anything to that nature? That might be a good place to start. Keep us updated.
Nick

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: