You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: It Starts With... Mom, Can I Sleep With You Tonight

Real Ghost Stories

It Starts With... Mom, Can I Sleep With You Tonight

 

I have lived in my house in Cypress, Texas for a little more than year and a half but everything began happening a year ago. It all started with my daughter (9 years old at the time) and I sitting on the couch one evening. She looks at me and says "Mom, can I sleep with you tonight?" I told her she was too old and should sleep in her bed.

She had tears in her eyes, so I asked her why. She was embarrassed to say but after some encouragement she said, "I see a dark figure in my room." I ask where in her room she sees it, she says at the end of her bed. In hopes of alleviating her fears I tell her maybe it's the "Wizard of OZ" characters in the large picture that hangs on the wall. She says, "No mom, it's not the picture because I can't see the picture through the dark figure." Chills ran through my body... Of course I let her sleep with me that night.

The next night I put my daughter to bed in her room and went in the other room to fold laundry. About 15 minutes later I turn around, my daughter is standing there, pale, tears down her cheek begging to sleep in my bed again. She tells me there is something in her room, she feels and hears it coming up to her while she is lying down. She describes it as like it's breathing on her and smelling her. From that night on, with the exception of her friends spending the night, she sleeps with me.

Not long after that my son, 12 at the time, has his own experience. While coaching my daughter's soccer practice my son stayed at home to finish his homework. He calls me scared, wanting me to come home. I am worried because he never gets scared. He said while sitting at the dining room table something pushed on the back of his head, twice. He turned around and nothing was there on both occasions. I calmly tell him that practice was over in 5 minutes and I would be on my way and that he will be okay. I mention for him to let the dog in the house to give him company and make him feel more comfortable.

About a month later I come home from work finding both my kids bundled up in the same blanket holding each other while sitting on my daughters bed. I asked if they were cold, even though it wasn't cold in the house. They said no, they were scared. I asked my son what happened. He told me he heard a noise in my room and went to see what caused it. When he walked in my room he saw a dark figure in my room. He said it turned to "walk" away and got smaller and smaller until it disappeared.

A couple weeks later it happened again. This time when he went in my room to see what caused a noise he saw the black figure again. This time it was peeking out of the doorframe of my bathroom went slowly back in there and was gone.

From time to time, even now, my dog will get very scared, start shaking, growling and barking, but I would find nothing. When she acts like that she is afraid and won't go into the room where she is directing her attention. Sometimes it's the living room, dining room, or foyer.

My first experience in the house was about 4 or 5 months ago. It was in the afternoon and no one was home but my dog and myself. I am on the couch when I hear a noise like something fell in the area of my kids' rooms. My dog jumps up out of her sleep and runs over to the source of the noise. At the doorway to the hall she stops, jerks back with her tail between her legs, and runs back to me, shaking. My immediate thought is did someone just break into my house? But if that was the case my dog would have barked and most likely attacked.

So just in case I grab a big knife from the kitchen and my dog by the collar, I had to practically drag her with me, to see what caused the noise and her fear. I checked my daughter's room, my son's room and their bathroom and saw nothing. On second look of my daughter's room I noticed one of her pictures had fallen off the wall but the back was still hanging, the frame and picture are what fell. Now my dog wouldn't have been scared about the picture falling because that happened before she went to investigate something in that room scared her after the fact.

A few months ago while getting the dog some food out of the garage my son was startled. I asked him what the problem was, he said he saw a dark figure taller than me standing next to me for a moment while I opened the door to the garage.

About two months ago while in my bathroom standing in front of the mirror fixing my hair I turn my head towards the doorway to my room and a white mist shot by real fast at eye level. Of course I was startled and jumped.

Last month and the month before the same thing happened. While in bed at night laid back and reading I felt something put pressure on my foot towards the end of the bed. It was enough pressure both times that if felt like someone sat on my foot and the weight of it pulled on the bed some. I set my book down to see what it was and saw nothing. I was very scared but couldn't do anything but go back to reading, hoping to keep my mind off of what just happened.

Last Saturday some friends of mine came over for some "ghost hunting". One of them has begun to do that on a regular basis back in Florida. He brought a video camera, digital camera, a recorder, and a K2 meter. We had some results: spikes in the K2 meter, intelligent response with the K2, noises, drop in room temperature, an EVP, and someone being touched twice. I knew what my kids and I have been experiencing is real but I feel better that others have had experiences as well.

I will write on the details of that night in another story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, klc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
creepy...I suggest getting religious help. I don't see another logical way since spirits or whatever that was connect with the supernatural. Try getting a priest to come over and bless the house and read the bible or atleast put up pictures of Jesus or crosses around the house, your childrens' room, and yours included.

God bless.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
the entity may not have bad intentions but for the kids that live in that house I think it is best if the entity goes away becaues it is sacring the crap out of the kids even if the nature of the spirit is good it is not helping so I would try and get rid of it.
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Also there was nothing to suggest that whatever it is in your home wants to hurt anyone or is going to hurt anyone. Don't jump to conclusions, like some of the users here. A lot of spirits are just misunderstood and want attention.
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Also; don't listen to Girlie. There is nothing in your story to suggest whatever it is that shares your home was a pedophile or murder in their past life.

To Girlie; don't spout crap like that unless you have definite evidence to back it up with. To a parent the idea of a spirit of a child molester or murderer would be horrifying.
kuehnau (5 stories) (60 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-01)
Sounds a lot like shadow people, which is generally just another kind of spirit in the home. While generally more scary then other types of hauntings because you will often "see" them, they are usually no call for alarm. Simply asking them to stop their activity may rectify the situation. Explain that they are scaring the children and you would appreciate it if they would clam down. You would be surprised what a request like that can accomplish sometimes.

On a side note, any ghost hunter worth their salt is going to know that a K2 meter is by no means any form of definite proof. There are a lot of things that can interfere with them (Anything with electricity running through it) and should only be used as evidence coupled with more solid proof.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-24)
You should talk to a religous leader about this and ask him to help rid of this entity that's entity has the power to hurt you and your family and you must think in the better of the kids. If you won't talk to a religous leader than you are going to have to move you need to get away from that entity at all costs.

I don't want anyones life runied form spirits of any kind and I know I've it enough but do something.

Talk with your kids and ask them what they think you should do if you think they have a better idea go for it but make shure you get rid of the entity.

A few more ideas are use holy water or tell the entity to go away and it is not wanted but you also must not show fear. The kids also need to learn not to show fear otherwise the entity will only get stronger.

Please be cautious and god bless ❤
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
very eerie, I can see why you would be so concerned. Especially what your daughter said about it breathing near and smelling her, its great that you've not to let it effect you. It seems to me you have very special, sensitive kids. Aparantly they stop being so susceptable to spirits past the age of about 4 or 5
Thanks for sharing,
Take care
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
wow that seems very odd, the black figure in your house I agree is probaly attached to your house and I think you should try talking to it... Good luck
Piro (4 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
...I think he has some sort of atachment towards the house or your family... 😕 😕 😕
becky123 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
Thanks for posting your experience. I was happy to read an interesting story but I have to say that the whole thing it gives me a bad feeling, sorry I can't say why it just does.
I agree with what the others are saying, research and enlist in some help.
I have loved ones that have passed and when I feel their presence I feel comforted. I am concerned that your children feel so threatend... They shouldn't need to feel like that.
I hope that everything works out for you and your family.
Please let us know how it goes.
Beck 😢
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
Sorry I don't mean to pry, you do not mention your partner? Is he still around? You don't have to answer. Once again apologies if I seem to be prying.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-29)
That is a very interesting story. I look forward to your next post, I feel Tonith is said pretty much what I would have. Be strong, Take control and stand your ground, and relay the same to your children.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Glad to see someone enlisted the help of investigators. It helps prove you and your family are correct in believing you are being haunted. Next you have to confront the spirit in question while making it clear it's trespassing and this is your home and it is not to frighten your children on any level. I don't know if you can convince it to move forward but if it's not going anywhere there has to be boundaries and rules. From what I gather they do tend to listen to a firm authoritative person. Talk to it like you would any other living person (because I'm sure he/she was a living person and may not know they have passed from this physical plane. Take back control of your home. Easier said than done I know but you sound like a very level headed person who can and will be able to do it.
Tiggy (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
The spirit you and your children have seen is not a demon or a deceased murderer. His name looks to me like it might be "Rodney" or "Rod", possibly his middle name is "Paul", though I am unclear about that part.

The next time you feel you sense his presence, you must say in a commanding, confident voice: "Rodney, you are no longer alive. You must go to the light right now - this is no longer your home or your plane of existance." Or something similar to that.

If you think it's appropriate, also tell your children that it's perfectly alright for them to tell Rodney to go away if they should see him again. Try to explain to them that Rodney is stuck, and that what appears evil about him is actually sadness and hopelessness. Of course, this is ONLY if you think it would be appropriate to tell your children such things.

If telling him to go to the light does not work, then it's time to bless the house. In fact, even if Rodney does go away, blessing the house afterwards is still a good idea. You don't need a priest or member of the clergy to do it, though you may enlist their help if it makes you feel better.

Please keep us posted!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
NICE, Well I think the ghost could have been a murder or someone very bad (maybe to frienly to boys and/or girls) when he was alive if you get my meaning. But not get afired I said I think. Anyway he can't hurt you. No I'm am not a pyaic, But I do get a lot of what I'm talking about from one. You may move to another house if YOU WANT TO. But I'm not making you. I really can't wait until your next story. You should read so of mine. Even though I only have two storys. One is called " WAS IT Cliare Barton? " or something like that.
GIRLIE 😊
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-28)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. Children can see more then adults it has been like this for many years. I also believe that not everyone CAN see a spirit. There are sttories that five people see a spirit and the six one cant. So maybe there is a chance that you won't see this shadow. But I'm glad that you believed your children and your there to help them. When these things are going on people need support. Its actually a hard time. I'm glad that you have help and that you are trying to get rid of this spirit. I would suggest doing a smudge ceremony or blessing the place. It worked for me. Thanks again and I'm looking forward to the next part of this story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
I am sorry you have been experiencing what you have been. I agree entirely with Jmak, it does indeed sound like who ever is there want to get your attention. Researching the house and property would be a good place to start.
Do you or your children feel threatened when experiences are occuring, or just it just startle/scare you?
If you do any future investigations you might consider asking who is there and why. Also when doing investigations without the aid of professionals be sure to protect yourself, your children, and your home with a prayer of protection before beginning to investigate and after finishing your investigation.
Please keep us informed, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
Nick
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
I am so sorry you're going through this. It is so hard as a parent to not be able to control something that is effecting your child. I hope you find answers and peace to be able to resolve this manner. May God bless you and your family.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-27)
Hi klc,
Thank you for posting your experience, it sounds very interesting. I understand the experienves you and your children have had are scary but other than the touches has anybody been harmed by the entity/ies? It sounds to me like whoever is sharing that house with your family is trying to get your attention. Have you had a chance to research the house/property to see if anything happened that would account for the activity you've experienced? Please do keep us informed 😊. God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: