You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Unseen Roomate

Real Ghost Stories

Unseen Roomate

 

Just out of high school, I moved to Green Bay to go to a technical college. I had rented an apartment with one of my best friends from high school. Two women on their own for the first time. We rented a furnished apartment on the west side of Green Bay, close to the school.

It had been a very eventful first couple of weeks. So when the things started happening it didn't even surprise us.

The first incident was when we came home from school, we opened the coat closet, placed our coats on the hangers and closed the door behind me. I remember leaning against the door, being so wiped out from a long day. We went on with our night. Later that evening while watching TV on the couch with our back to the closet. We heard the screeching first and looked over to see where it was coming from. We saw the closet door slowly opening up. I screamed for my roommate to go over and see what was doing it, she said "no way!". We both sat frozen awaiting whatever was going to come out of the closet and nothing came! I jumped over the back of the couch and slammed the door back shut without ever looking at what was inside!

We had been living there a couple of months now, with out any other incidents that we noticed. We had finished dinner and washed the dishes and then had gone into the living room to work on our projects for school. My roommate had gotten up to go to the bathroom, and I heard glass shattering in the kitchen. I looked over to find one of our dinner glasses shattered at the edge of the kitchen. It was almost to the point where the kitchen and the living room meet. If it would have just fallen off of the dish drainer it could never had made it the 5 feet across the room!

After that, we had a male friend who was also going to the same school come and stay with us. I started sleeping in the living room, since it was only a one-bedroom apartment and we were having a hard time fitting 3 beds in the bedroom. I started at that point of talking in my sleep. I don't remember ever talking to this person, but my roommates would be up watching TV after I had gone to bed, and hearing me have conversations with this person. I was also doing sleepwalking!

I moved back home a couple of months later after we finished school. They never mentioned having anything happen after I moved out. I haven't had any problems with sleep walking ever since.

Other hauntings by MELIB

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MELIB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
wow. That spirt must be a trickster and attached to a object of yours.Hehe
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
I'm not sure what to make of this one... On the one hand, I can't imagine the dish finding a natural way to fall out of the dish strainer and onto the floor five feet away, if that was really the distance, but I think it's possible. As for the door opening... I think that's very possible, if it wasn't hinged properly or if there was a draft in the house. Then again it could have been paranormal... Who knows?

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: