You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girl On The Stairs 2

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl On The Stairs 2

 

After my last ghostly encounter things pretty much died down for a while and I wondered if she actually had moved on. Does this happen naturally or do they always need help.

For those reading this now who haven't read my original posting my house actually is haunted. But not in a harmful kind of way. Its just a little girl who sometimes does freaky stuff like ringing doorbells and changing the TV channel.

Anyway, like I was saying. After I first posted my original story everything went quite for ages and I wondered if she had sensed my discomfort, by writing here, and decided to move on. Now I'm not so sure. I have heard somewhere that animals can sense the presence of a ghost. I don't know whether this is true and I used to be quite skeptical about the matter but I'm just not sure anymore.

I was home alone one night and doing some cleaning and my dog lies at the bottom of the stairs. Whenever I looked over to check if he was ok, he was staring at the staircase and then would suddenly look at me as though he had known I was watching him. He would then stare at me, imploring me with his eyes as though trying to tell me something, as though he was scared.

Whenever I am on the stairs I always look down to him. I think it is just a habit now but he is always watching the stairs as though fascinated. Sometimes it really freaks me out and by the way. Do dogs blink? Because mine doesn't which I find quite scary.

Since this incident I have been a bit jittery. Probably not helped by the fact that she has gone quiet. Is this just because she knows I'm uneasy? Do dogs actually get scared by ghosts and is there a connection?

I know it's a lot of questions but after some of the responses I got with my last posting I believe that someone here may have the answers I crave. Answers that will either put my mind at rest of urge me to do something about it. Please, I don't mind which it is but I would really rather know the truth so please let me know if you have any advice or would just like to post a general comment.

Thanks so much for reading and please do take me serious. This is no joke!

Other hauntings by loopy666

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, loopy666, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Jginkx94 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
loopy,
I believe that she did find that you were uneasy so maybe she was trying to give you some space to tell you that she was ust trying to find a friend. Maybe she was finding comfort in your dog while she was givin you space so your dog saw her and maybe the ghost was communicating with him. 😁
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Hey I can stare my cats down lol. They will slowly blink or cast their eyes downward. Deliberate staring is used as intimidation by most animals for other animals or someone whom they don't trust. I do think they can sense things we can't that enter into their space whether they can see it or not. Maybe your ghost girl has decided to stay upstairs and your dog knows she's there. I have read that spirits who are shall we say "in hiding" will pick a space in your home that has the least human activity. I don't know if this spirit went to the Light or is just being very considerate and staying out of the way. As long as your dog is not upset and acting terrified I wouldn't worry about it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Oh, no, they do NOT always need help to Cross Over. No one really knows why it is that some stay around for a bit, some are just hanging out to see what is still going on here. Others ARE stuck.
But no, not ALL are stuck. Some can travel back and forth (A ghost is a deceased persons "walking" essence. A spirit is one who has Crossed Over and cames to visit, and returns to the Other Side).
I do NOT think that she knew that you posted the last experience on this site. I DO think that she MAY have sensed your discomfort, but it had nothing to do with typing it out and sending it here.
Animals Do sense ghosts. All animals posses their own personalities. How does your dog act when she is scared by something that you see? Not all animals go nuts, running around the house destroying things and desperately trying to get out. Some become as Velcro on the side of their "owners", some cower in a corner, or somewhere that they feel safe. It would depend on HOW your dog NORMALLY acts when frightened, on how she will act while frightened by someone/something you can not see.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
I have read your first story and now this one. I will say this little girl is harmless as your dog really does nothing when she is around. The other is that you were obviously her playmate when you were younger and as you have grown up you haev stopped playing with her. Ok now what has actually happened now, she has not done anything, you say you just sense her around. Is it her you sense or is it your fears running through you about the when she was around. It is normal for a person to hold fears about a particular place and if that is the case then it would only be normal for your dog to be staring as well. In your first post you put please do not think I am attention seeking, why would you put that down?
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
There are a lot of paranormal accounts on YGS and elsewhere that describe the same type reaction your dog gave in your story.

Seems it's true that some animals--especially dogs and cats--definitely sense spirits and often are frightened by them. Or they become highly excited or frantic during the experience.
ghosthunter123 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-30)
Hey Loopy!

To the questions about if dogs blink, yes they do but not as often as humans do. I'm skeptical too about the theory about if animals are sensitive to paranormal. The professionals say that dogs can hear or see or sense ghosts like how they hear high pitched noises. Also, I heard about this old house, I'm not sure of the anme, which had hundreds of stories of hauntings and just for an experiment a team, which investigates famous "haunted" places, took two dogs and tried to lead them into the kitchen that was supposed to have a spirit of a ghost in it, but the dogs would not move though the door. The team tempted them with treats and toys and pretended like they were even going to hit the dogs, but the dogs refused to budge. It was very interesting.
The one thing that doesn't fit in with this theory, is that what people say that animals do is run away from spirits. Maybe your dog isn't seeing or sensing a spirit (and this I merely a suggestion) but instead there is something up there that it wants. Like maybe someone spilled treats or something that your dog likes there and it smells it but it can't see it. Maybe you should go to the spot that your dog is staring at the next time this occurs and sniff around or try and feel if there's anything odd there that your dog doesn't like. I hope this helped!
Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: