You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Not Alone

Real Ghost Stories

Not Alone

 

My husband and I bought this house in 2006; it was our dream house. We moved in about 3 weeks after the papers were signed with our four girls. It started about 3 months after we moved in.

One day we came home late at night and my oldest daughter was the first in the house. As I came in she was standing at the bottom of the stairs looking up with a weird look on her face. I asked her what she was looking at and she told me that a black man just walked up the stairs and that when he got to the top he looked back at her and waved. I went up stairs and looked everywhere but found no one.

Since then we have had a number of unexplained things like the garbage disposal going off by it self, the lights going off and on, doors opening and closing by themselves. We hear people talking at night and footsteps. My husband has seen this black man that my daughter had seen. He said that it was a pure black shape coming down the stairs and it scared him really bad. We have heard a little girl laughing and the kid's toys would go off by themselves at night.

Some times at night I get really scared. I usually stay up at night by myself doing schoolwork and I hear all kinds of strange things. At times I just shrug things off because I know there are other... Beings here. But some times I just get really freaked out for no reason at all. I don't know, sometimes I just feel like I am being threatened and no one is there. Like my life is in danger for some reason.

One night I was taking a shower and I felt like I was being watched. When I looked around no one was there. As I started to wash up I felt hands caressing my back and arms. I was so scared I stood stock-still. I asked out loud "would you please stop touching me?" The feeling stopped and I have never felt that again.

One night a few months ago I got the nerve again to use my shower. Again I felt like I was being watched as I turned around I saw somebody standing right in front of the shower door. At first I thought it was my husband just trying to scare me. I turned back around and I said "while you are in here can you wash my back?" As I said "back" I turned around and this figure was half way on the other side of the bathroom. I opened the shower door because I realized that it was not my husband. It was a young kid maybe 17. He was wearing jeans, a tee shirt, sneakers and a backpack. The only reason I noticed the backpack was because he was holding the strap. I was about to say something to him when he just disappeared. I told no one about this. I thought my husband would think that I was crazy.

A week later my husband came out of the bathroom just after taking a shower. I was sitting on the couch reading a book and he said "Ha, Ha very funny." I am thinking that my husband is going senile at this point. I mean I did not move from my spot I was just sitting here reading, and he thinks this is funny! I look at him like he is crazy. He says, "What? Don't deny it I saw you come into the bathroom and turn off the lights and the fan and then turn them back on again." I told him that I did not move from this spot. It took me 30 minutes to convince him that I did not go into the bathroom.

He said that he was washing his hair and the lights and fan went off in the bathroom. A few minutes later they came back on. He opened the shower door he saw a female figure going out of the bathroom door. He said that it had shoulder length hair and was about my height. I am about 5'6 and have brown-red hair, which he said this figure looked a lot like that.

My husband lost both of his legs in the service so when he takes off his legs he is very short. I am just hoping that he was off on the height and looks of this figure. It is just very creepy.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, babydoll28, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Thank you for sharing your experience, and thank you deeply to your husband for his service & sacrifice. You sound like a wonderful family. I'm sorry that there are entities terrorizing you, but it sounds like they're just trying to have some fun. Just like you did in the shower, tell them firmly to stop, and remind them that this is your home, and that you won't have any of them scaring your family. Spirits are respectful of the living (for the most part) and will usually leave you alone. Best of luck!

Blessings

DA
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
No one should have to be afraid in their own home. If you all are seeing and feeling different things then chances are it's not just a case of wild imagination or just the heebee jeebees of living in new surroundings. If it were me I would be asking an investigation team in to see what these spirits want and if they are intelligent or residual haunts. Of course you can also do this on your own but sometimes it's better left to pro's. They have the know how and the equipment to gather evidence. They also know what to do once a place is determined to be haunted. While you can get wonderful advice on this site it can't hurt to seek the help of paranormal experts. A good medium can be of value as well as the scientific aspects. Some clergy also have knowledge and will help but again it depends on the clergy. Many are just as mystified that this stuff happens when their religion has taught them it's not possible. That leaves them with thinking you have mental issues or demons are to blame. To me those are just lame excuses if dealing with a rational, clear thinking person. I hope you get the help needed to figure out why you have spirits and what to do about them. If you are crazy so are millions of others going through the same thing. The study of the paranormal is now being taken seriously and I would say it's about high time. Good luck and keep us posted.
jonesblue (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
i love the story!
So what has happened lately after that?!
Anything?
Just keep on sticking with people at all times, all I am saying!
Great story and thanks for sharing with us!
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Good story. Tell your husband I am sorry (you know, for living in a house with so many girls... Poor man...lol) It does not sound like you are being mistreated by the spirits. My answer (as usual), EVP Record and ask them how many there are and what do they want. Usually they want to communicate something. Do you live close to a cemetery?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
That is something you and your family are going through. It does sound like you have a family in the house with you. Man, woman, children. You say you feel threatened, like your life is in danger, what makes you feel and think that?
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Wow, those are some incredible experiences you have had, thank you for sharing them. Do you still live in the house? Please share if there are anymore updates as to the paranormal events within your home.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: