You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Pssst Meena

Real Ghost Stories

Pssst Meena

 

I cannot remember the exact year, but this Pssst Meena started around about September 1998 (I remember the month and year as it was the year I started working at the airport).

My bedroom was painted manila; my dad had the whole house painted this color, whilst a very common color I always found it a bit boring. I eventually got my own way and painted it grey and black and I had two massive posters of black panthers, I love panthers. As you walked into the bedroom to the left was the window. Behind the door were the wardrobes with dressing table and directly opposite the wardrobes and dresser was my bed. Next to the window on the floor was my system.

My work was shift work so I did a lot of 12 hour shifts. Starting at 5 AM M finishing at 5 or 6 PM M in the evening. I would always stay and do overtime, so you can imagine I became a stranger to not only to my parents but the rest of the family as well. It was funny though relatives would come around and sit around waiting for me.

I would go to bed at around 10p. M 11 PM M the latest. I would walk into the bedroom and always get a strange feeling, like being watched. I would get ready for bed, put the radio on switch of the light and get into bed. I always managed to go to sleep; it was not a problem only to be woken up by someone in the corner of the wardrobe and whispering pssst Meena. I would lie in my unable to move, eyes wide open listening, trying to decide whether it was me going nuts, my imagination running away with the fairies. I would feel someone or something sit on the edge of the bed sometimes on my feet whilst hearing the whisper pssst Meena.

I cannot be sure how long this went on for, but it stopped when I moved to where the wardrobes were and the wardrobes went on the opposite side. As soon as this was done, the pssst Meena stopped and a woman started to appear, a woman dressed in black, almost like what the Arab woman would wear, covered head to toe. If I threw the blankets of night she would cover me up again, if I got up scared she would sit right next to me and at me back to sleep. She never meant any harm but nevertheless it really did acre me.

I got married in 1990, as some of you will know I got married in a Brahman family, Priests, so they were very religious. When I got married and was taken to my new home, I remember walking to the front door and feeling very uneasy. I brushed it off like I do to nerves, new home, and new family. I will say my bedroom, (I have my reasons some will know). My bedroom was the first bedroom as you went upstairs. The set up was you would walk into the bedroom and behind the door was the bed, and the window was to the right, the wardrobes were directly opposite the door, so when you opened the door you would see the wardrobes.

The dressing table opposite the bed and then a bookcase that was closest to the window. Not long after being in the marital, I started experiencing a lot of weird things; just being in the house alone spooked me out. One of those things was that when I would go to bed, someone would be hiding in the corner where the dressing table is and would be whispering pssst - Meena. I would lie in the bed, my eyes trying to see if there was anyone there, this would go one for 5-10 minutes and then stop. I started sleeping with the radio on and the bedroom light on.

I am in my own flat now. And the pssst - Meena I have only heard a few times, but get this again it comes from the corner of the dressing table.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Surya I would like to tell you that never respond to your name calling...it happened to one of my maid's dad...he was called by name like..."RAKESH...RAKES...H"...he immediately replied YES WHO? And he died on the spot...it gives me GOOSEBUMPS...anyways...try to wear a MOULI...or KADA...

Happy married life... 😉...

God bless you ❤
intothdark (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
Ok I'm sort of confused. Can you see the person by the wardrobe? The one going Psst Meena. If so wha does it look like? 🤔
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Hello Sury and thank you for sharring another experience with us. I realy liked reading your story. When you mentioned the wardrobe it brought chills down my spine. Yep I had that happened to. Moving things in a house can cause more activity. But your spirit seemed to be a nice one. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Sometimes I do get hear something calling my name and I go to mom or someone eles to ask did you call me all they say no. Strange but true.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Light gray, almost white?
Could you check your e-mail? I sent a few "better" pics for you.
It is just a theory that I have, from a few of your photos, and from reading through these last few experiences...
What do you think?
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
I see a very light grey almost pastel like. She has a very gentle face. I have seen her face once just over a week ago, her face is engraved in my mind if I could draw her face I would.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Ah, Thank you for the clarification there.
Still SHE has been around for quite a long time, and she SEEMS to only wish to protect. The rest of my last comment, I stick to.
IF you do a recording, please make sure to cleanse yourself both BEFORE and AFTER the event.
And, uh, is it a dark gray (I am trying not to assume. As it once appeared to be black, I would THINK that it would be a dark gray, but assuming does horrible things to people) or is it a lighter gray?

Www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1...
380 x 253 - 43k
Www.catholicconvert.com/.../14/IMGP4169.JPG
800 x 600 - 55k
I should probably post these to your e-mail, but, is there a similarity there?
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Ok so guys, the call is from a man. The woman appeared at about the same time, but it is evident that she was there to look after me. As soon as she appeared the calling stopped. There is no link to furniture, three different dressing tables. The last time I saw this woman was when my aunt died, the story "The Woman Sitting On My Bed". I knew saw her after that having said there is a woman I see now in grey robes. Sorry for the confusion hope it is a clearer picture now.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Whitebuffalo - I could not tell you if she is Arabic, the robes and head piece were black (although they appear grey now) I know other religions have the same dress codes, but Arabic was the first that came to mind. As I have put in the comment, it was a man trying to get my attention, she appeared out of nowhere and she was always there when I would get scared.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
I think I may have confused everyone a bit. So let me put this down properly. The voice from the dressing table was a mans voice. That I am 100% sure about. Now this woman appeared and the pssst stopped. As I go on to say, she seemed to be there when I would get scared.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
EVPResearcher I did not say the voice was a womans, it is actually a mans. The woman appears to be a protector. Maybe I did not make it clear in the story.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
courtneyOMGG
No it is not the same dressing table. Three different dressing tables and the pssst comes from the left side of dressing table.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-02)
Menie, not only Arab women dress in black from head to toe if you grasp the message...

My Grandmother used to wear black all her life. She had a black veil over her head as she was in mourning for having lost her mother when still an infant. Where she comes from, it is a sign of the utmost respect to the dead parent. My grandmother was also given her mother's name although she had already been baptised as again a sign of respect.

Women who visited the Holy Land also wore black as a sign of mourning for the physical death of Christ. I'm implying something here.

As for the purpose of the woman's visits... I will echoe Autumn's opinion... Had she wanted to harm you she would have done so at some point.

She has been following YOU not some object. She not only "observes" your life but stands by your side. "pssss Meena" to me sounds more like "hey, I'm here. Do NOT worry" or "hey, watch out"

If I were to ask you WHEN it is that she appears, I'm positively sure you will respond, "right before significant events";I say significant as to avoid revealing too much. I think you know what I mean.

I would try to extend an invitation if I were you. She has been by your side for too long to "deserve" acknowledgement...
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
courtneyomgg good question. I was wondering the same thing. I don't know if this spirit is attached to something in the room or you. Apparently location isn't the issue because it's happening no matter where you live. If you are using the same furniture then it's possible the spirit likes the the furniture set up a certain way. They say we are to handle these situations exactly as if you were talking to a living person. Maybe you just need a good sit down with this spirit and let her know how you feel about all that is going on and set up some ground rules. After all it's your living space it's envading and you are the one paying the rent.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
I think it's saying "psssttt meena" because it wants your attention. Perhaps it wants your help to cross over? I'm not sure, but that's the beauty of it all.;) We don't know everything. Gl! ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
Hmm. But IS she Arabic?
That be the question, my friend.
It would appear, by the words written here, that YOU had quite the protector. She started contacting you well before you needed her, and stayed around well afterward.
Right? Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. I am only human, and humans make mistakes.
As she is calling out your name (I do not know about you, but a person BETTER know me rather well to call me by my first name. It is only proper.), I should think there is a connection to YOU and NOT the dressing table. Most generally, from what I have researched, if there is a being attached to an inanimate object, there is a sight, and not so much someone calling their name.
You name is personal. Someone wants to talk to you.
I would do what EVP suggested (yeah, like THAT was a surprise, EVP 😊. Living up to the name, there) and try recording. It does seem to be a bit spooky, at first, but just keep in mind that she can not, and WILL NOT hurt you.
How do I know?
Hun, this started in 1998. Almost eleven years ago. If she had wanted to, it would have already been done.
Thank you.
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
It does seem that the dressing table is the common denominator. She wants your attention for something. You know I am going to say - RECORD HER...lol. Honestly, give it a shot. Maybe you will be able to hear what she needs from you... Again, just a thought.
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-01)
I have one question, is this the same dressing table? Or different ones.
If it is the same, this entity may be attached to it.
I wonder why it keeps saying "pssst - Meena" I guess it wants your attention for something.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: