You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A House Full Of Something?

Real Ghost Stories

A House Full Of Something?

 

To tell you all what's going on lately I need to give a little history first. Four years ago I lived in Hamtramck. I became very close with my neighbours in the next house over. It was Friendship at first sight. They wanted to start a family so they bought a house in Ferndale. A two-flat brick 1930's Roebuck home. My partner and I live in the Upper Flat and they and their three year old son (Our godson) live in the bottom flat. Everything has been fine and dandy until about maybe nine months ago. They, up until recently, did not believe in the supernatural.

The first thing to happen was when Sarah was fixing dinner. She felt something fall on the top of her head, slide off, and then fall to the floor. It was a magnet from the fridge. The only person home with her at the time was her son who was wrapped up in a blanket watching TV, and deeply engrossed in it. The fridge is on the other side of the kitchen so it would literally have had to fly across kitchen to get to her.

The second thing to happen was while in the basement which we all share as a winter smoking room (I know bad habit!). Anyway she and her husband's sister were smoking and heard footsteps above them walking across the living room floor.

Then there are the voices that mimic.

Many times, either Nick or Sarah will be home alone and they'll hear the other one's voice call out to them. Nick was in bed waking up to Sarah calling his name from the other room, telling him it's time to wake up. He got up and went into the kitchen only to find out he was alone. Later she said she didn't say anything to him before she left for work assuming he had to go in later.

Sarah has been in the kitchen and will hear Nick talking to her only to find that he had not actually come home yet and that she is alone.

Last week Sarah was giving Enzo a bath and heard me and Nick having a conversation in the kitchen. She dried off Enzo and got him all excited to see us, only to find out no one was there-we both were still at work.

A couple of weeks ago Nick, Enzo and I went out to get some lunch. Before we left Nick picked up a hat that was on the floor in the dinning room and placed it on the coat rack in the living room.

When we came back from lunch it was back on the floor of the dinning room where it had been before he picked it up originally. This was the first, and honestly the last thing I personally had been around for.

I don't know why this is happening to them, but Brad and I have not had one odd thing happen in our place and we all live in the same house, same floor layout and everything. I go into their place all the time to let their dogs out or to grab a cup of cat food and such. I have never had anything happen, or anything feeling uncomfortable atmospherically.

I have a few theories and here they are:

#1: Electrical fields that are creating a replay of past events (explains the voices that sound like us and the things we say).

#2: They have a child that has tons of energy. I have heard that sometimes activity can center around children. I'm not sure why though?

#3: They have had a recent influx of antique furniture that has come into their home (although the magnet thing happened before this.) I have heard you can bring home spirits that can be attached to items. I have suggested blessing the pieces just to be on the safe side. I don't think they have yet though

.

#4: Three neihborhood homes around us one being next door and two across the street have had paranormal activity according to the people living in them. I have personally witnessed a ghost at the home next to us. Maybe we just live near a very "charged" area?

Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated.

Other hauntings by ejgavinart

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ejgavinart, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DocRoss (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-13)
The energy that a house can contain can be extremely powerful. I have always had connections with loving families that can literally hear each other and the energy creates a residual sound that is mimicked throughout the house. The magnet is part of that field, your thoughts about the electrical field is the closest thing I have come in contact with but a house will remember the banging of doors and stomping of steps after years. Its paired with the family it seems though so I believe it will follow them as well.
ejgavinart (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Thank you all for the input. Well my friends are buying a house in Detroit and moving, so I guess I'll see what happens then. We'll be the only ones in the house at that point until they rent the lower flat. I'm hoping the activity won't transfer onto our place upstairs. They're moving to the Boston-Edison historical district in detroit.
Thanks, EJGavinart
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. It was realy nice to read. Even thoe the events happening to your friends arent that nice. I think your theories are very good and that the answer may lay in one of them. I realy don't know what's in that house but I'm sure there are people here who can help you with this. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Thank you very much for sharing your story. It sounds to me like you've got all the answers already! I think you're right about the replay of past events causing those mimicked voices. I believe that there's a lot about time that we don't understand, and that certain areas of the world are affected in such a way that past events (including audial events) replay seemingly out of thin air because of a ripple in the time-space continuum, or some sort of quantum physics sort of thing...!

I think you're right about your friends' son being powerful too. It sounds like he's a sweet kid with a lot of spiritual magnetism, and that could be attracting the little prankster haunts around you. Or perhaps the child is a ranged telekinetic with energy that he doesn't know how to control yet? It's excrutiatingly rare, but as children seem to be more powerful because they haven't quite gotten control of themselves yet, it's not impossible.

Warmest blessings,

DA
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
ejgavinart hello and thank you for a thrilling story! It goes straight to my favorites.

Although one thing is for certain as far as I see it (just my personal opinion) and that is THE HOUSE IS HAUNTED, determining the source of the energy or the cause would not be an easy task as there seem to be too many things that look suspicious.

The magnet falling off the fridge and the hat in the middle of the floor sound like someone's demanding attention:"we are here... Who are you... Can you hear us?", the footsteps if one doesn't connect them to the same source might be "residual energy" left behind by the previous tenants but then again they may very well be another cry for recognition from the same intelligent energy.

The mimicking voices have me a little confused as I'm not sure whether these are more attention attempts or a prankster.

One thing is for sure-nothing sounds like there's any kind of danger as of yet but if I were you I'd start researching a little deeper into the history of the land since your house isn't the only one where these experiences occur. Yes, antique furniture can have an energy attached to them but in many cases the energy will eventually inhabit the surrounding space that houses these objects. Sometimes the energy even attaches itself to the people of the house.

You claim that your friend's child is full of energy which might be the cause of Poltergeist phenomena but then that would only be too coincidental.

I'd be looking into the history of the land, the house itself and inquire a little more about the events at the neighboring houses.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: