You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Strange Feeling And A Dark Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Feeling And A Dark Figure

 

It was late at night. I was in a guest bed, at my two aunts' house, my mom, Lily and Goob or Stacy- my two aunts- were watching TV in the living room. The room was dark, and it felt cold, even though it was warm a few minutes ago.

It was a couple years ago it must have been in the summer because I went swimming a lot with my cousins.

Anyway it was around midnight I guessed, when I saw a strange black figure. It looked more like a woman than a man 'cause of its curves and it was fuzzy but I think she may have had a dress on.

She looked as though she had white hair and light-colored eyes like blue or green.

My arms where on hairs end and I was shivering, but I still don't know if it was my imagination or real life.

A couple months later, my family was telling ghost stories, and I asked my mom if she believed in ghosts she said she did-she thought they were spirits that were going to hell.

I asked her if she had ever seen a ghost.

She told me that she hadn't but my aunt Lilian's (lily's) house was haunted and that an old woman had died in the house but I don't remember why or how.

Anyway she picks up things and organizes them how she wants them and she'll move soda cans from the coffee table.

I don't know if I saw her or I was dreaming either way I still think it's creepy!

I haven't been there since and I really don't want to go back.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, animechickfri13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-19)
this sounds like somthing that happened to my nieghbor she left a blanket downstairs on the washer and whent out NOBODY was home until she got back when she did she found the blanket folded and upstairs in the dining room. She thinks it's the ghost of her mother (she's like 23ish). So your ghost sounds like a very nice old lady who wants to help out. So no worries:) (can I have your ghost? One of mine's mean...)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
Hello animechickfri13, and welcome.
By "...she picks up things and organizes them how she wants them and she'll move soda cans from the coffee table..." Do you mean to say that a GHOST picks things up and organizes them? What sorts of things?
I tell you straight. If I had a ghost in my home, in New Hampshire, that had the ability to MOVE THINGS, I do believe I would be contacting New Hampshire Paranormal.
I think I would want answers, and being that "close" to a GREAT paranormal team (which, I might add, do not charge a CENT to help out.) it would be worth the phone call.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-04)
I have to agree with Flutter on this one. I (think that there are spirits who are very attached to there home that its hard for them to move on. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Just because a person dies in a home, don't always mean the house is haunted by that person. Most houses that are haunted are from violence that happen in the home, people being killed things like this. However some elderly people never leave there homes, the liked them and will always be there but not to frighten anyone or to harm them they are there because it's HOME.
For this story I just don't feel there is harm in it.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-03)
Hm...well, I think spirits are people who have passed on from this world and still have attachment to their existance on the physical plane. I don't think they're ready to move on, and perhaps that's why they stick around--until they're satisfied with whatever business they need to see through. Unfortunately, some are never satisfied, and so they never leave the places they haunt!

I believe you may have seen a "Watcher" spirit. It may not necessarily be a ghost, but merely a spiritual guardian keeping an eye on you to make sure you're not getting yourself into any trouble! I think you were fortunate to have the experience, and I don't believe it was anything to be afraid of. Thank you for sharing your story!

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: