You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Drama Room

Real Ghost Stories

Drama Room

 

I was always a keen Drama student. My friend, Chrissie, and me used to go back there on most nights after school to practice our performance. We used to love Drama back then.

Well, one day the rest of our group didn't show up (as per usual!) after school one time so we decided to rehearse ourselves.

Now, before I go on, I have to describe the Drama rooms. There are no windows in there, the only source of light coming from lamps on the ceiling. The walls were painted black, but were covered by thick, black curtains (at the time we didn't know what they were for - later we found out it was used as a fire blanket.) We used to scare each other by pretending there were voices coming from behind the curtains. There was a door at the very front of the room, which was the doorway to the room. Other than that there was no way out.

Anyway, back to the story. School finished at 3:10, but we had given up by around 4. We were the only people left, sat on the floor telling ghost stories to each other. We kind of forgot about rehearsing.

Suddenly, as if it knew what we were talking about, there was a power cut. The lights went out and we were left in complete darkness. Not just dark, but pitch black. We couldn't see a thing.

Chrissie ran and tried fumbling for the light switch. She found it but the lights didn't turn back on. I was trying to calm Chrissie down. This happened before; there was nothing to be scared about. I convinced her to sit back down. I found a torch, which was used as a regular prop, so we thought it would be funny to stay inside the room.

This time we really did hear noises behind the curtain. Before we just used to joke with each other, but this was real. It started off as a quiet, faint scratching sort of sound. I thought nothing of it, thinking it was Chrissie, but when it got louder I started to get annoyed. I realized the scratching wasn't coming from her direction, but in fact behind me. Frantically, I searched the room with my torch to try and find the source of the noise, but couldn't find a thing. I thought it was probably a rat or something in the plumbing, but then Chrissie screamed. I turned to see what had scared her. Big mistake.

The curtain was moving and, imprinted in the curtain, was the outline of a twisted, haggard face. The moving stopped abruptly and Chrissie started to run to the door. I reached out to grab her and found her shoulder. I pulled her back but she just wouldn't move. I heard loud, heavy breathing coming from her. I told her to calm down and she shouted from the door. Hang on, I thought, she couldn't be at the door. She was in front of me, I was holding her.

A horrible thought suddenly occurred to me. If she was there at the door, what was I holding? Whatever it was, it was breathing heavily and was getting faster. I knew this wasn't a joke anymore and ran out.

We couldn't stop talking about it the next day. No one believed us. Was it a paranormal experience, or where we just scaring ourselves?

Other hauntings by stubbington

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, stubbington, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
lolol yup I do it all the time and then I think right calm down its a cartoon lol bit we just can't help ourselfs... Haha don't worry I knew what you meant 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Heck, lexi-loo, just realized I said skeptic and cynic instead of skeptic and critic. Sorry about that. I really did read it LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Oops, should have clarified that. Cartoon animal character. Cartoon character animal? Ah, whichever LOL Talking is acceptable, but some of that other stuff is definitely worthy of critiquing:D
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
LOL 😆 I am constantly doing that with my 13 year old. We act like it's nothing for a cartoon character to talk, but heaven help that character if it does something really unbelievable. 😉
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
lol yup its just in my nature I could be sitting with kids watching spongebob and hear myself saying yeh like a squirrel could breath under water
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Nothing wrong with being a skeptic or cynic LOL We all have a bit of both in us 😆 But if I know from personal experience a scenario could happen, I'll point it out. No criticism intended 😊
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
lol yeh I just read through storys and now and again a wee thought comes into my head... I'm not really a skeptic just a bit of a critic 😆
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
lexi-loo - you picked an old story to comment on, didn't you? LOL Anyway, if they are familiar with the drama room, as is suggested in her opening paragraph, it isn't impossible to find a torch (flashlight) in a pitch black situation.

When the electric goes out in my home, during the night, I know exactly where my flashlights (torches) are and have no problem finding them in the pitch black.
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
i was just wondering how you found the torch in the pitch black?
tboro (10 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-11)
that was really very scary... Thank god nothing harm happen! 😨!
chocologic (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
Black walls?

Why would they paint the walls black?

Did you go to a Goth School or something?

And I agree with troyarn. They are very heavy curtains. I doubt it could mesh into a face so detailed as you describe it.

Now, I'm not trying to doubt it. It does sound scary and genuine. But I think your memory defeats you. You were, after all, just a little kid.

And because you are a little kid, I think that some things were seen because you wanted them to be seen. I know. I used to have experiences like that with my friends back in Primary School all the time. But all of it was not real. Just our imaginations, and sometimes, other kids playing tricks on us.
elpe12 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
I would have been scared s***less whether it was real or not! I got goosebumps!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
I have to agree with some of the other posters here. You two were talking about spirits and this might have psched you out. But thank you for sharring this with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
MisSensitive (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Thanks for sharing! It could be a few things, I think. It could be that whatever was there heard you talking about paranormal, and decided to have a little fun, sometimes they like to do that. Second, it could have been someone who was going to scare you guys later, but heard your stories, and when the lights went out, took their chance and scared you more than they could have hoped for.

Also, if it were pitch black, there was most likely some of your mind playing into that role. Part of your heavy breathing could have been you as well as "he/she" or whatever it may have been. I would go with KurLz and do some research on the school, what it was built on, and if any one has died there.
Thanks again for sharing!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I'm confused a bit. Your friend saw the face first without the flashlight being focused on that area? Then you saw it with the torch and you both saw the same thing? Didn't you also keep the flashlight on while exiting the room? Me thinks this story has a few too many holes in it lol.
KurLz (30 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Interesting story, thanks for sharing it. Obviously I can't say for sure if it was paranormal or not. There could have been someone in there screwing with you two, but it definately could have been paranormal. Troyarn makes a very good point that theatre curtis are really heavy.

Ever done any research on the theatre or the school in general?
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Great story! I grabbed once what I thought was my cat.I'll save the story for later.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
are you sure you were alone? People like to loiter after school. I'm sorta with Devious on the psyching yourself out thing.

I'm not trying to offend or debunk your story. Just a thought
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
I dno't think that it's impossible that this is a paranormal experience, but it does sound like you were already "psyched out" so if it WAS paranormal in nature, I wouldn't be surprised. All of that nervous energy is like a light bulb in all that darkness. I would NOT want to have seen what I was holding either!

Warmest blessings,

DA
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Hmmmmmmmmmmm... I have to wonder about this one. Kind of seems strange that a curtain from a theatre could mesh into a face (those babies are pretty heavy).

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: